Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by BalekFekete
Today 06:10 AM
9 Replies, 368 Views
My Skyrim VR Review
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 05:41 AM
1 Replies, 79 Views
Star Wars Battlefront 2...
Last post by blackzc
Today 05:11 AM
45 Replies, 1,770 Views
WING COMMANDER Series -...
Last post by JazGalaxy
Today 03:35 AM
8 Replies, 634 Views
Norse Mythology Awaits...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 12:32 AM
4 Replies, 520 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 09:25 PM
6 Replies, 467 Views
Sea of Thieves...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 07:43 PM
6 Replies, 637 Views
Path of Exile: War for...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 07:41 PM
5 Replies, 746 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #21
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Trying to reconcile this with the text in the first post in this thread...
Yeah, I was going to say. Like why would I even have bothered with making that comment if not for the fact the post was political in the first place?

Well, aside from the fact not granting citizenship to veterans is a terrible practice no matter what administration does it, of course. One of my issues with the last administration was not properly easing that process.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:41 AM   #22
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There isn't a single thing wrong with calling out those who disrespect the flag and in turn the country. There isn't shit political about that, it's just a asshole thing to do to begin with.
That's absolute bullshit

The flag is a symbol. Standing for the flag is a symbolic gesture. The national Anthem is a symbolic song. The players kneeling is a symbolic gesture.

Doing the mental gymnastics to say that the players kneeling symbolically during the national anthem is "disrespecting the flag" is CHOOSING to read the symbolic gesture that way. DESPITE the people doing it saying they are NOT disrespecting the flag. Some of those people being veterans.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/veterans-kn...ry?id=50075609

That position is further undermined by the number of people who claim that the flag is being disrespected who themselves ACTUALLY disrespect the flag by written standards by wearing it, decorating with it, manipulating it and failing to treat it properly.

The reality is that this has nothing to do with the flag or veterans, and everything to do with the fact that you don't like WHY the players are kneeling.

My dad is a Vietnam veteran. He thinks you should listen to the players. But you don't really care WHAT veterans think when they don't agree with you, do you?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:54 AM   #23
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There isn't a single thing wrong with calling out those who disrespect the flag and in turn the country. There isn't shit political about that, it's just a asshole thing to do to begin with.
Vietnam and the hippy movement never happened I guess
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:08 AM   #24
ministryofwrath
Soul Reaper
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 219
my respects to all men that served....Before feminism.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #25
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead
 
Kreigmstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny, FL
Posts: 1,268
A special Veteran's Day thanks to Al Smith.

Not the politician, the infantryman from Vietnam. My dad was killed in Vietnam of Jan 18th 1968. In my early 30's i discovered that his infantry unit (1/50th Infantry Regiment) had an association that held reunions every 2 years. I've attended almost every year since i found them. I've made a lot of friends and met a lot of good guys. Most still dealing with the fallout. I met Al through the association, he was a good friend of my dad and was one three guys I've met that were there the day that he was killed. He was the only one that I've met and talked to that could tell me anything about who my dad was as a person. I found out yesterday from Al's wife that he passed away on Oct 17th of this year.

So a thanks to all veterans, but particularly the 1/50th vets and Al Smith.
__________________
Gamertag: Kreigmstr
Kreigmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #26
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 4,748
Blog Entries: 8
A big thanks to all EvAv members and guests that have served!
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
...the fact the post was political in the first place?
You liberal progressive douchebags have turned what should be one of the very few things that unites us, a love of our shared country and the freedoms it offers us, into a divisive moment for you to remind everyone how ungrateful you are for our shared national space and how much you hate our nation because...reasons, reasons, bullshit, reasons.

GTFO. Go watch a 49ers game. I hear they could use a few fans in the stands.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You liberal progressive douchebags have turned what should be one of the very few things that unites us, a love of our shared country and the freedoms it offers us, into a divisive moment for you to remind everyone how ungrateful you are for our shared national space and how much you hate our nation because...reasons, reasons, bullshit, reasons.

GTFO. Go watch a 49ers game. I hear they could use a few fans in the stands.
This 1000%. If people like jaz hate the US again you're free to leave. Disrespectful to the flag, the nation and all those who have died defending it. Your millionaire sport stars are welcome to kneel, that's their choice, there are consequences for doing so however. NFL viewership continuing to sink is part of those consequences.

TLDR: The majority of Americans are sick of your shit progressives.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #29
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
This 1000%. If people like jaz hate the US again you're free to leave. Disrespectful to the flag, the nation and all those who have died defending it. Your millionaire sport stars are welcome to kneel, that's their choice, there are consequences for doing so however. NFL viewership continuing to sink is part of those consequences.

TLDR: The majority of Americans are sick of your shit progressives.
Bottom line, your an autocratic piece of garbage who claims to worship the flag but hate everything it actually stands for. You claim kneeling disrespects veterans, but blatantly disrespect veterans who support kneeling.

You have no point. You think you own America and patriotism. Not only do you not own them, you barely even like them.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Bottom line, your an autocratic piece of garbage who claims to worship the flag but hate everything it actually stands for. You claim kneeling disrespects veterans, but blatantly disrespect veterans who support kneeling.

You have no point. You think you own America and patriotism. Not only do you not own them, you barely even like them.
I love my country, have an issue with that? You're literally claiming that protesting the flag is respectful to vets or Americans in general? Yeah I'm sure that's why people are turning off the NFL and not showing up to games because they surely find what Kapperdouche and company are doing as "respectful" I'm sure no team wanted him simply because he's black and not because he's a fucking awful QB. Nope totally because of his skin pigmentation! I'm also sure that advertisers like Papa John's who have decided to no longer be official sponsors of the NFL are doing it out of what? Spite?

Again Jaz you are so drunk on the progressive kool aid you don't even make sense. Please continue to double down on identity politics and claim you're oppressed, that's worked out so well for the democrats so far. Again the majority of America wants things that matter addressed, and after 8 years of Obama stirring racial tensions the worse they've been since the Civil Rights Act, most are just flat out sick of those on the left constantly screaming racism every 30 fucking seconds. Please tell us again how you face racism every day! I'm surprised you haven't offed yourself yet due to it. You poor oppressed fucking snowflake.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:35 AM   #31
MadMurdock_0311
Reaper
 
MadMurdock_0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I love my country, have an issue with that? You're literally claiming that protesting the flag is respectful to vets or Americans in general? Yeah I'm sure that's why people are turning off the NFL and not showing up to games because they surely find what Kapperdouche and company are doing as "respectful" I'm sure no team wanted him simply because he's black and not because he's a fucking awful QB. Nope totally because of his skin pigmentation! I'm also sure that advertisers like Papa John's who have decided to no longer be official sponsors of the NFL are doing it out of what? Spite?
To everyone out there, please do not get offended on behalf of veterans. We have our own voices, and are fully capable of speaking for ourselves. I, and many of my fellow vets, fully support the NFL players right to kneel/protest. I do not see it as disrespectful, as the flag is a symbol, as is the Anthem, and I believe (peaceful) protesting is a form of patriotism.

As for Papa Johns, their pizza tastes like cardboard and ass.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:43 AM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
To everyone out there, please do not get offended on behalf of veterans. We have our own voices, and are fully capable of speaking for ourselves. I, and many of my fellow vets, fully support the NFL players right to kneel/protest. I do not see it as disrespectful, as the flag is a symbol, as is the Anthem, and I believe (peaceful) protesting is a form of patriotism.

As for Papa Johns, their pizza tastes like cardboard and ass.
I already mentioned they certainly have the right to do so. However getting upset that in turn a lot of Americans are simply tuning out should say something loudly. These are guys shouting out about racism who make millions, as if they're so oppressed when that's certainly not the case. The divide in this country over the last 8 years is larger than it's ever been, and let's be honest, it's 100% on the democrats, Obama especially.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:34 AM   #33
Kit
Squire
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
my respects to all men that served....Before feminism.
Come on now
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiz
You think you own America and patriotism.
Since you douchebags have turned the flag into a divisive symbol rather than a symbol of unity and appreciation for our shared national identity and our freedoms, conservatives and patriotic independents sure as hell do own patriotism. You dumbasses have ceded that to us by taking a shit on a unifying symbol of national identity.

EVERYTHING is a divisive battleground with you assholes. EVERYTHING.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:08 AM   #35
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Since you douchebags have turned the flag into a divisive symbol rather than a symbol of unity and appreciation for our shared national identity and our freedoms, conservatives and patriotic independents sure as hell do own patriotism. You dumbasses have ceded that to us by taking a shit on a unifying symbol of national identity.

EVERYTHING is a divisive battleground with you assholes. EVERYTHING.
It belongs to Terran cuz he called dibs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #36
Wizzkidd
Subscriber
 
Wizzkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,328
I'm a US Army veteran, and am so proud to have been in, my only regret (at times) is not having stayed in for at least 20 years. But, then I wouldn't have met my awesome Vietnamese wife, so I can't really complain.

I write here though, not to get accolades or compliments; in fact I feel ashamed when people say "That you for your service." I just did a thing I wanted to do. I don't want to be treated any differently.

I don't need nor want any thanks. I did it because I was pissed at 9/11 and because it seemed like a positive thing to do in my life, and it seriously was. I joined when I was 21, so it was a bit tough to attain my military bearing at first. But I am endlessly glad that I did, because it has yielded endless positive results in my life, both personally and professionally.

Regardless, thanks, and it does bother me when millionaires who make more money in a day than I do in a year kneel. They're so upset that the country has wronged some people, then they drive home in their Bentleys and sleep in their mansions. No doubt there are injustices in the world. Identify the one or ones that bother you and I will stand beside you and protest. But a vague, blanket protest that achieves nothing but an inadvertent disrespect for the country, regardless of what the person claims, is hurtful. Simply tell us specifically what you are protesting; literally give an instance of wrongdoing, hopefully with proof to support it, and you will see most people agree with and support you. But saying "America/the police, etc is racist so I'm kneeling" doesn't actually achieve anything. What are people who may be sympathetic to your cause supposed to rally around? Blanket generalizations that statistics don't even prove?

I usually stay out of these things, because whether you want to admit it or not, us arguing and "solving the world's problems" on this message board will achieve nothing. We all have to go to bed, wake up, and live life. This doesn't do anyone any good. Has there ever been a time when someone read an argumentative forum post, then changed their worldview? Doubt it. But, here I am regardless, this time.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #37
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherProgressiveDouchebag
It belongs to Terran cuz he called dibs.
It belongs to people who respect our shared symbols and national identity.

Quote:
There were all sorts of unobjectionable means available for players to take a stand of defiance toward Trump, but they allowed themselves to, in effect, get double-dared into disrespecting the flag.

The perils here should have been obvious. The flag is one of our most potent national symbols. The U.S. Code sets out how it should be treated. It drapes the coffins of fallen warriors. It flies at half-staff to mark national tragedies and the loss of the country’s heroes. People can get extremely emotional seeing it displayed the wrong way or touching the ground.

David Frum, one of the most incisive and unrelenting anti-Trump voices in the country, wrote a piece for the Atlantic at the outset of the controversy, urging players not to cede the flag to Trump. They went right ahead and ceded the flag to Trump.
You idiots find a way to make EVERYTHING divisive. The problem is that you're not selective in your hatred of all things American, and now you've gone a few bridges too far for the majority of American folks who love our country and aren't content to watch you take a shit all over it.

But you keep explaining how you're not, lol. It's working!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #38
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Has there ever been a time when someone read an argumentative forum post, then changed their worldview? Doubt it. But, here I am regardless, this time.
Id like to say it happens all the time. But at the end of all of it, I do end up the same basic person i was when i was 15 years old. A shitlord who wants it to all burn because its all so tiresome. I'm better informed now, but that's just to strengthen my arguments. That's where the ideological battles are won, having a better argument.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
It belongs to people who respect our shared symbols and national identity.



You idiots find a way to make EVERYTHING divisive. The problem is that you're not selective in your hatred of all things American, and now you've gone a few bridges too far for the majority of American folks who love our country and aren't content to watch you take a shit all over it.

But you keep explaining how you're not, lol. It's working!
It's why I keep asking them why they stay in the US. If they love cultural marxism so much and believe all whites are so racist why stay? Take all your commie friends, all the pedo/sexual abusers pinko commies in Hollywood, and get the fuck out.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #40
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 998
Lol. Two vets show up and politely tell you in the mildest terms that what they fought for, what they stood for.. was the ability for anyone to protest in any way as long as it was lawful.

Its not that fucking hard to get. But yea, throw something about libtards, obama, etc., anything to not get the point.

What America stands for is (with amplified cynicism) the right for every citizen to be a jackass, whether in public or in private, as he or she deems fit.

So yea, basically if people make things divisive, tough shit. That's America! That's freedom. The freedom to disagree and call people names without the government putting you in jail.

You don't like that people say shit, and your solution is to tell them to get the fuck out? That's about as American as the communism and socialism that makes your manginas shrivel up inside you.
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
veterans day

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 AM.