Today 11:49 AM
1 Replies, 342 Views
» Promotion

Old 08-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #21
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post

This doesn't change the fact that Nazis and White Supremacists were marching en masse in 2017. This doesn't change the fact that everything they stand for is either absolutely terrible or tainted by their racist beliefs.
Not nazi's. Just people that want to live in the country their grandpa lived in. STRAIGHT..FUCKING..EVIL....

The left has caused this. You cant displace a native people of the country and culture and not expect people to stay quiet. Nor can you expect the country to hold together since it was built by those same people for themselves.

What you are doing is holding the multicultural narrative up as a moral stance 50 years after the Hart Cellar act was passed, and America was promised it wouldn't change the racial makeup of the country.

You are simply taking a moral stance on a lie that has gotten out of hand. Ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #22
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Not nazi's. Just people that want to live in the country their grandpa lived in. STRAIGHT..FUCKING..EVIL....
So, what was with all of the Swastikas? What about David Duke fully supporting the violence in Charlottesville?

Quote:
The left has caused this. You cant displace a native people of the country and culture and not expect people to stay quiet. Nor can you expect the country to hold together since it was built by those same people for themselves.
I hate to break it to you, but white folk aren't the "native people" of North America. We took this land from the native inhabitants, slapped our own name on it and called it our own. Now, I'm not someone who suffers from White Guilt...but facts are facts.

Quote:
What you are doing is holding the multicultural narrative up as a moral stance 50 years after the Hart Cellar act was passed, and America was promised it wouldn't change the racial makeup of the country.

You are simply taking a moral stance on a lie that has gotten out of hand. Ridiculous.
Whatever happened to, "Give me your tired, your poor,
your huddled masses..."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So they were marching to preserve history and not have it washed away by political correctness? Seems a pretty valid reason to peacefully march, of course until incited by BLM and Antifa. But hey those evil "nazis"

This is people trying to preserve history? They're celebrating a Confederate General - someone who committed actual treason against this country - and are protesting the removal of a statue honoring the man. I don't condone the violence committed by the protestors or counter-protestors...but, c'mon, man. They were flying Swastikas. This isn't being made up by the Leftist Media Boogeymen. Neo-Nazis and the KKK were marching in Charlottesville this weekend.

How do you condone that?

Quote:
Again you honestly come off like someone who gets all their news from CNN or MSNBC and doesn't question the legitimacy of any of it.
I can't tell you the last time I watched CNN and I've never watched any content from MSNBC. Neither network is worth a damn and CNN actively attempted to rig one of the debates during the election. Why would I pay them any mind?

Last edited by Chimpbot; 08-14-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but white folk aren't the "native people" of North America. We took this land from the native inhabitants, slapped our own name on it and called it our own. Now, I'm not someone who suffers from White Guilt...but facts are facts.
Man, the ignorance hurts. I wasn't going to get any more involved but...

Let's keep in mind:

1) Those "natives" also took the land through conquest of others. Who they kept as slaves in the best of times but likely wiped their opponents out, man, women (after raping), and child. The concept of the "noble savage" is a myth for anyone that cares to do any research into the subject at all.

2) Remember a lot of the land was acquired via treaties with Spain and France. From Florida and the Louisiana Purchase to the South West and arguably Texas from Mexico. It is THEY who "stole" the land from the Natives in those areas.

3) However, in all of human history, the classically white western culture is the only one which has bent over backwards so much to apologize for being the conquering tribe and continue to apologize to this day.

So let's not go morally grandstanding about how "we stole this land" and so on. All land was stolen from someone else, we just happen to have been the most RECENT to have acquired the land.

Quote:
your huddled masses..."?
Someone hasn't been paying attention to their history. The poem was added years after the Statue of Liberty was gifted and installed on Ellis Island. The sentiment is great, and I agree with it, however it did not sway many through the 1880s through the 1940s when immigration was tightly controlled.

Quote:
This is people trying to preserve history? They're celebrating a Confederate General - someone who committed actual treason against this country - and are protesting the removal of a statue honoring the man.
1) Yes, history shouldn't be hidden away. We should be faced with it and all the scars that come with it. Every day should be a mirror we stare into so we don't forget our past and let the same mistake happen.

We don't live in a utopia. We've tried to make it such and failed. We can't hide the mistakes away in a dusty tomb out of sight because that makes us think things like segregation don't have bad effects.

But without these painful reminders we have nothing to point to and say THIS WAS BAD but now you want to re-segregate? It doesn't matter if you call them "safe spaces" where you can get away with your own minority it's still segregation.

People died for integration. First over half a million WHITE PEOPLE to begin with directly then who knows how many others of whatever race since.

2) The 10th amendment says that anything not enumerated in the Constitution is not part of the Federal government and is a right relegated to the States or the people.

From a pure constitutionalist point of view Succession was never discussed anywhere in the Constitution in the 1850s or 1860s, therefore, could not have been "treason" against the country. A State's right to determine its destiny, however, was enshrined in the Constitution.

Quote:
How do you condone that?
I don't, but what I can condone is a demonstration that was 100% legal, permitted, and approved.

What I can't condone is the Heckler's Veto which deplatforms anyone, no matter how odious their views and inevitably leads to violence, usually serious injuries, and now deaths.

This is the state of LEFTIST rhetoric, not the right or alt right or even KKK or Neo Nazis.

If they had been left to march they would have been in by 10AM waved their little flags, been boo'd by the locals, botten some sunburn on their bald heads, and been out by 2PM. The Town would have taken the statue down in a few weeks and that would have been that.

But THE LEFT couldn't have that could they? They wouldn't even be happy with jumping it up to 11. They had to turn the knob to 100.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #24
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
So, what was with all of the Swastikas? What about David Duke fully supporting the violence in Charlottesville?

your huddled masses..."?

This is people trying to preserve history? They're celebrating a Confederate General - someone who committed actual treason against this country - and are protesting the removal of a statue honoring the man. I don't condone the violence committed by the protestors or counter-protestors...but, c'mon, man. They were flying Swastikas. This isn't being made up by the Leftist Media Boogeymen. Neo-Nazis and the KKK were marching in Charlottesville this weekend.

How do you condone that?

I can't tell you the last time I watched CNN and I've never watched any content from MSNBC. Neither network is worth a damn and CNN actively attempted to rig one of the debates during the election. Why would I pay them any mind?
These guys were less than 1% of the rally goers. Don't even try to pull this crap.

As for the native americans comment...ahhahaahahha. Fucking vikings and druids had been coming in and out of America for thousands of years. No one had claim to it. A tribe could spend hundred of year in one region and not know of any other tribes. Nigga please.....There wasn't internet or anything...
Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #25
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Is no one considering the possibility that this has been manufactured to deflect attention from an actual living traitor who is sitting in office as we speak?
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
Is no one considering the possibility that this has been manufactured to deflect attention from an actual living traitor who is sitting in office as we speak?
Obama's still in office? News to me.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #27
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Exactly. That is why video games will never be art.
GTA5? It puts a lot of crazy issues directly in your face, makes fun of them and then kinda forces you to do terrible things in order to complete the game... but I digress. Ico and it's successor were pretty artful as well. I feel like alot of games actually could be called art but then again "art" has always been subjective.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #28
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowshare View Post
Save it for a Trump rally and let me enjoy a fair bit of Nazi humor.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jeezus Krist, you people could turn a fucking discussion of my little pony into something about racism, nationalism and/or Trump. Video games are great? Yeah?
Old 08-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #29
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowyn View Post
This place sometimes.

You all take a game that doesnt really take itself seriously (I mean they start off with the guy in a wheelchair and somehow taking our fully mobile soldiers) and make it into some opus statement.
...and it's the same fucking people time and time again. /ignore
Old 08-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
...and it's the same fucking people time and time again. /ignore
At some point you'll only be talking to yourself. Enjoy your safe space, fucking snowflake.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #31
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
GTA5? It puts a lot of crazy issues directly in your face, makes fun of them and then kinda forces you to do terrible things in order to complete the game... but I digress. Ico and it's successor were pretty artful as well. I feel like alot of games actually could be called art but then again "art" has always been subjective.
You think GTA V was art? Get your derivative storyline here: Retired criminal mastermind "pulled back in" for a final job. As far as pandering you got the tried and true done to death african american "gangsta" trying to make it out of the slums and into the good life only to find that the good life ain't all that it's cracked up to be, yo.
And is incidentally, the ONLY guy you can't kill off at the end of the game.
Don't forget the over the top Trevor who is so impossibly psychotic that isn't even remotely believable. This game while enjoyable pushes no boundaries doesn't make you question anything and "offends" no one except that crazy bitch who sued because she thought she was on the cover...
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM   #32
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
You think GTA V was art? Get your derivative storyline here: Retired criminal mastermind "pulled back in" for a final job. As far as pandering you got the tried and true done to death african american "gangsta" trying to make it out of the slums and into the good life only to find that the good life ain't all that it's cracked up to be, yo.
And is incidentally, the ONLY guy you can't kill off at the end of the game.
Don't forget the over the top Trevor who is so impossibly psychotic that isn't even remotely believable. This game while enjoyable pushes no boundaries doesn't make you question anything and "offends" no one except that crazy bitch who sued because she thought she was on the cover...
Like I said, "subjective"...

Tags
wolfenstein ii