Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Overwatch Seasonal Event...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:09 AM
2 Replies, 194 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Eats
Today 02:58 AM
4,766 Replies, 1,039,031 Views
Joker Remains the King...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 01:42 AM
15 Replies, 622 Views
Zombie Army 4: Dead War...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 01:40 AM
8 Replies, 326 Views
CD Projekt Red Doesn't...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 01:37 AM
8 Replies, 445 Views
Fortnite Season 11 Ends...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 12:46 PM
10 Replies, 646 Views
Blizzard suspends...
Last post by RAV
Yesterday 11:41 AM
91 Replies, 4,303 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 08:21 AM
6 Replies, 274 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #21
Misanthropist
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 330
anyone with a modded console of whatever generation, or pc, has these retro games + wireless controllers!(unless still using an xbox original)
I just dont get the appeal of these mini consoles :\
oh well
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #22
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropist View Post
anyone with a modded console of whatever generation, or pc, has these retro games + wireless controllers!(unless still using an xbox original)
I just dont get the appeal of these mini consoles :\
oh well
I don't quite get why but there's something about playing these games on the PC that doesn't feel authentic to me and yet these mini consoles somehow do. It's not logical but I feel that way nonetheless.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #23
Misanthropist
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 330
how does retro gaming make you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I don't quite get why but there's something about playing these games on the PC that doesn't feel authentic to me and yet these mini consoles somehow do. It's not logical but I feel that way nonetheless.
how games make you feel is important! emotions Vs Logic, i cant tell much of a difference between retroarch pc, and other emulated consoles, but my brain works on logic .
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #24
Cyrano
Reaper
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 156
I'm on the fence. I'm really happy with the Genesis collection I bought not all that long ago on Switch, and I probably already have too many mini consoles under my TV. That mini C64 mentioned in the original post, though...
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #25
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,904
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropist View Post
anyone with a modded console of whatever generation, or pc, has these retro games + wireless controllers!(unless still using an xbox original)
I just dont get the appeal of these mini consoles :\
oh well
I'm getting mine for collecting. I still own my original launch day Genesis. That said I do most of my retro gaming on the PC, or Pi with either a 360 or 8bitdo controller.

For me it's all about the controller, and 8bitdo makes some fantastic retro controllers.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #26
HillTribe
Evil Dead
 
HillTribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 470
Does anyone remember the Sega Channel? That pretty much shaped my gaming addiction and is why I pre-ordered one of these.

If you don't know: It was a service that you purchased through your cable company. You received a big thingy-ma-jig that went into the cartridge slot that you plugged in power and connected it to the cable(coaxial) thinger-doodle on the wall. What you got were dozens of games streamed to your console each month. Looking back, it was amazing for the time in the 1990's.

I remember fondly waiting until midnight for the new assortment of games to be available. It was an amazing time for me and my friends.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:01 AM   #27
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,904
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTribe View Post
Does anyone remember the Sega Channel? That pretty much shaped my gaming addiction and is why I pre-ordered one of these.

If you don't know: It was a service that you purchased through your cable company. You received a big thingy-ma-jig that went into the cartridge slot that you plugged in power and connected it to the cable(coaxial) thinger-doodle on the wall. What you got were dozens of games streamed to your console each month. Looking back, it was amazing for the time in the 1990's.

I remember fondly waiting until midnight for the new assortment of games to be available. It was an amazing time for me and my friends.
I know what you're talking about. I read about it in magazines. No cable in my town at the time, and the Sega Channel wasn't offered in the next town over that had cable.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sega genesis

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM.