Last post by Chimpbot
Today 01:08 PM
8 Replies, 878 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-17-2017, 05:10 AM   #1
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Final Fantasy Director Will Try To Recreate How Players Felt With Zelda

Zelda: Breath of the Wild launched back in March and it left a pretty large footprint. In a conversation with Gamespot, Director Hajime Tabata states he will try to draw from Breath of the Wild for his next Final Fantasy title.

"I've heard a lot from the dev team and their reactions to having played it. But just from hearing the stories and the feedback, you know, we can tell that it's a really complete game," Tabata said. "It's very polished, almost a perfect game in that regard. And our goals are probably to take that experience that players felt with Breath of the Wild, but with our own technology and our own know-how."

Breath of the Wild did a lot of things right. Nothing felt copy/paste and it made for a unique open world experience. It looks like it's already shaping the landscape of future open world games. It may help push Final Fantasy forward as an open world game, so we aren't pushing cars in extended scenes (FF:XV) anymore.

Click Here for the full conversation at Gamespot.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #2
hurstshifter
Soul Reaper

Great, another open world RPG just like FFXV ::yawn::

How about you get your heads out of your asses, look back on the early iterations of this series to see why fans loved it so much, then build upon that to make a unique, modern title. Final Fantasy used to be my favorite series, but is among my least desired AAA titles these days.
hurstshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
Rommel
International Playboy

That logo gave me a full mast erection.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Thats all open world games need. Terrible weapon mechanics, archaic puzzles and platforming and washed out terrible visuals. OMG best game ever!!!!
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
blackzc
Evil Dead

Final Fantasy, there has never been an IP i wanted to like more but cant get into ever.

Make the games move faster! Its too slow! I dont need a 40 second cutscene for an attack.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Final Fantasy, there has never been an IP i wanted to like more but cant get into ever.

Make the games move faster! Its too slow! I dont need a 40 second cutscene for an attack.
I'm right there with you man!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:48 AM   #7
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Thats all open world games need. Terrible weapon mechanics, archaic puzzles and platforming and washed out terrible visuals. OMG best game ever!!!!
Once again you assert that everyone else in the world is wrong and yet you are right despite not actually playing the game. You appear to have a mental illness.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #8
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Once again you assert that everyone else in the world is wrong and yet you are right despite not actually playing the game. You appear to have a mental illness.
It's pretty funny, really. You have a game that sold nearly 4mil, received maybe the highest critical acclaim of any game ever, developers who have done round tables on it on youtube, giving it the highest praise, and even big developers saying "we can learn from this game", but spectral in his obvious infinite genius is the correct one. It's a bad game.

It's not a perfect game (no game is), and because people have different tastes some aspects and features are liked more than others by some, but all in all it's easily one of the best games I've ever played. The attention to detail alone is ridiculous. It's something you just don't see in open world games.

If more developers follow Nintendo (at least with Zelda/open worlds) in emphasizing details, nuances, polish, and that feeling of adventure in their games, I think the open world "genre" will be better off for it in a lot of ways. To have something worth exploring around just about every turn in a map that big is impressive. The man-hours required to develop and test BotW must have been staggering.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Man I hate myself as a gamer for still not having played Breath of Wild. I just cant bring myself to buy a Switch.

But this is great news. I liked FF15 more than I thought I would. I actually got all of my characters to 99 and played some of the hard dungeons. Also beat that goddamn turtle. It had a lot of cool ideas. The cooking part was really cool(and looked awesome). If they manage to capture the same polish as Zelda then it will be something pretty fantastic.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Not progressive. The illness is all on you idiots who ignore logic, history, and common sense.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Not progressive. The illness is all on you idiots who ignore logic, history, and common sense.
C'mon...don't drag that shit into yet another conversation. This has nothing to do with any political ideologies, progressive or otherwise.

It's not as if you're somehow more logical than the rest of us simply because you continue to parrot the same few phrases and talking points.

It's arguable that your judgement of things you have no firsthand experience with is inherently illogical.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
C'mon...don't drag that shit into yet another conversation. This has nothing to do with any political ideologies, progressive or otherwise.

It's not as if you're somehow more logical than the rest of us simply because you continue to parrot the same few phrases and talking points.

It's arguable that your judgement of things you have no firsthand experience with is inherently illogical.
Sure it does. Nintendo appeals to those who tend to get triggered by the smallest things. Everyone i know personally who is big on Nintendo IP also happen to be raging progressive asshats. anecdotal yes. But judging how the NDF here and other places tend to react in political threads? There's a trend there.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #13
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

In that regard you are very correct, triggered and nintendo fanboy go hand in hand. lol
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:13 AM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
In that regard you are very correct, triggered and nintendo fanboy go hand in hand. lol
I see we're pretending the guy doesn't get triggered practically every single time Nintendo is even remotely brought up in conversation. He can't help but chime in about how utterly terrible they are.

Unlike most of the "fanboys" here who are capable of acknowledging the negative aspects of Nintendo and their products (such as their online/multiplayer systems, chat systems, the friend codes they finally abandoned, etc), Spectral adheres to the narrow viewpoint he's crafted and absolutely refuses to budge from it at all.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:18 AM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I see we're pretending the guy doesn't get triggered practically every single time Nintendo is even remotely brought up in conversation. He can't help but chime in about how utterly terrible they are.

Unlike most of the "fanboys" here who are capable of acknowledging the negative aspects of Nintendo and their products (such as their online/multiplayer systems, chat systems, the friend codes they finally abandoned, etc), Spectral adheres to the narrow viewpoint he's crafted and absolutely refuses to budge from it at all.
"Triggered!" says a couple of clowns who can't even muster enough self control to stay away from threads related to material they've already established they hate in 100 other threads, just so they can fulfill some silly 8 year old "I need to troll" impulse.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #16
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
"Triggered!" says a couple of clowns who can't even muster enough self control to stay away from threads related to material they've already established they hate in 100 other threads, just so they can fulfill some silly 8 year old "I need to troll" impulse.
now I hate Final Fantasy? You are really thin skinned on the things you fanboy about.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
now I hate Final Fantasy? You are really thin skinned on the things you fanboy about.
...No one said that. Nothing like that was ever written by anyone in this conversation.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #18
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

I must have misread where he stated we should stay away from threads on topics we hate. I thought this was one of those threads since apparently we are now trolling. My bad, I guess I injected a hidden meaning in his words.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
I must have misread where he stated we should stay away from threads on topics we hate. I thought this was one of those threads since apparently we are now trolling. My bad, I guess I injected a hidden meaning in his words.
Considering the article in question was about how Breath of the Wild would potentially impact future Final Fantasy games - and not the series as a whole - you are injecting meaning and intent that wasn't originally there.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #20
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Yes, basically what I said. I was injecting meaning on what he said of me trolling threads on things I "hate."

Tags
final fantasy, zelda: breath of the wild