Strategy Shooter Void...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 12:40 PM
9 Replies, 1,254 Views

Old 12-15-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - All Things Retro

I'm moving out of my home office into another room (a movie that will take months because of all my junk) and in the process I have decided to sell off most of my old game systems. I started a thread in the Trader Zone with some pictures of the stuff I'll be selling as I test it out. Hop on in and post your own retro system images.

Are you nostalgic for old systems? I was for a long time and now I'm on a binge to kinda streamline all my junk.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:10 PM   #2
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

i recently sold my dreamcast to someone who would actually give it love. Good Ol Soft modded wii can do everything gamecube, and the 3ds Is great at emulating everything Sega, and Snes, and DS.

So yeah no need for all the consoles anymore
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
Rommel
International Playboy

I too am moving--A new flat closer to the more interesting part of the city with better amenities. The past week I've played the packing game; a game that sucks. Where I got all this stuff I have yet to discern. One of the New Year's purchases for the new home will include a proper television, not my PC on a desk aimed kinda at the couch, so I have been casually learning about the uses of a Rasberry Pi.

My current plan is to hook a simple external drive to my router as a low-end NAS solution, then install Kodi for movies and RetroPie for emulation. At this moment I have nearly every game through the fourth generation on my phone but I find playing with even a controller painful. So yeah, very excited to experience those days of ol'--so long as I have some physical buttons and none of that goddamn iPega bluetooth input lag.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

I've been in that office - a couple of months? Really? Not years? Why the move?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I too am moving--A new flat closer to the more interesting part of the city with better amenities. The past week I've played the packing game; a game that sucks. Where I got all this stuff I have yet to discern. One of the New Year's purchases for the new home will include a proper television, not my PC on a desk aimed kinda at the couch, so I have been casually learning about the uses of a Rasberry Pi.

My current plan is to hook a simple external drive to my router as a low-end NAS solution, then install Kodi for movies and RetroPie for emulation. At this moment I have nearly every game through the fourth generation on my phone but I find playing with even a controller painful. So yeah, very excited to experience those days of ol'--so long as I have some physical buttons and none of that goddamn iPega bluetooth input lag.
The Pi works great as a media device and great for retro games. You'll get a ton of use out of it for sure!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetherik View Post
I've been in that office - a couple of months? Really? Not years? Why the move?
It will be my daughter's bedroom. The kids shared a room when they were both little, but they are too old for that now. It feels like it will take years to empty out all the junk. I donated a bunch of books to Goodwill and I've been listing stuff on eBay in big batches, but it is still going a lot slower than I would like. I'm going to have to just sort out the stuff that is worth selling and donate everything else.

I did manage to clean out two big bins of cables and old hardware and a ton of paperwork. Next on my list of big items to figure out what to move is the remaining books and all my old PC games.

Tags
pure evil