Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
There Are 28 Different...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:39 AM
8 Replies, 271 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 09:17 PM
6,306 Replies, 1,417,724 Views
Kung flu
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 09:05 PM
741 Replies, 22,785 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by RAV
Yesterday 08:56 PM
319 Replies, 93,735 Views
The Last of Us Part II...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 06:06 PM
13 Replies, 717 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 10:56 AM
19,139 Replies, 4,134,882 Views
Recommend - CCW
Last post by VenomUSMC
Yesterday 08:56 AM
126 Replies, 83,691 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 06:25 AM
4 Replies, 316 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #1
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead
 
Metal Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,610
The Evercade - Is it MADNESS or GENIUS?!



The Evercade is a new retro handheld that has its own cartridges with licensed games, protective cases and full color manuals.
Will game collectors think this is madness...or perhaps genius?!
More info: https://evercade.co.uk
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
Sensei-X
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,902
Looks great, but kinda concerned about the placement of the Menu, Select and Start buttons. Are they easy to hit accidentally while playing?
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:22 PM   #3
alienchild
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,740
More JRPGs!
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead
 
Metal Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Looks great, but kinda concerned about the placement of the Menu, Select and Start buttons. Are they easy to hit accidentally while playing?
I didnít have a problem with that at all, and I captured all the footage in this video.
__________________
A Long Haired Metal Dude with an Unhealthy Passion for Video Games
www.YouTube.com/MetalJesusRocks
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:58 AM   #5
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 540
Great video with clear explanations. It looks well built, and I respect them trying to get developers involved and compensated. Also cool that you're "in" a game. Smart marketing.

That being said, the game lineup looks weak and I can't understand the rationale for using console versions as opposed to arcade versions. I mean, I understand what they said, but what gamer wouldn't want the actual arcade version? Who would prefer a Super Nintendo version of a game because of the aspect ratio?

Nice to have options, though. Good reporting.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
Sensei-X
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
I didnít have a problem with that at all, and I captured all the footage in this video.
Thank you, that's good to know. The price seems decent on both the game carts and the unit itself. I hope it does well and it gets more 3rd party support.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:13 PM   #7
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
Great video with clear explanations. It looks well built, and I respect them trying to get developers involved and compensated. Also cool that you're "in" a game. Smart marketing.

That being said, the game lineup looks weak and I can't understand the rationale for using console versions as opposed to arcade versions. I mean, I understand what they said, but what gamer wouldn't want the actual arcade version? Who would prefer a Super Nintendo version of a game because of the aspect ratio?

Nice to have options, though. Good reporting.
Yeah I agree on the console port vs arcade. If anything, they should have included both. It's not like these arcade games take up a ton of space. It makes me think that there might have been additional reasons for making this decision.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 6,336
Blog Entries: 8
This was a really good review! You covered this little machine very well. I don't know if it's for me, but damn I love the idea.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
console, evercade, handheld, metal jesus, review

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.