Game and Movie Releases...
Last post by Scherge
Yesterday 11:00 AM
13 Replies, 506 Views

Old 02-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #1
stalazon
The Dit

Kung flu

CDC gag orders on first responders and medical personnel. WHO is corrupted by Chinese (CCP) wishes. Why is this not a bigger issue then lib/dem vs right wing debate? This is a man made pandemic that doesn't care about feelings...

Last edited by stalazon; 02-25-2020 at 06:48 PM..
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
stalazon
The Dit

Old 02-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #3
stalazon
The Dit

Old 02-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The White House has said "Don't Worry, nothing to see, we got it all under control!" but that is obviously bullshit. There are enough people in China that if even just 10% of them get the virus it has the potential to spread to India. Once in India, with their lack of sanitation and sheer mass there's no way to stop it from exploding. Half the population of the world has the virus in a month.

And that's IF we strenuously control entry/exit into the US. Considering how porous our borders are there's no chance America is not facing an overwhelming number of infected not too long after.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Most countries when facing an infectious viral outbreak tend to do quarantine measures. Not China though, they found out this shit was going to be bad around the end of November, but that is when their first gag order went out. Then as it got worse and they couldn't deny it anymore, they dragged their asses in imposing quarantine.

China: Dear world, happy lunar new year bitches!

Luckily I'm staying in a city that is not super populous and also the Burmese government while in China's pocket still has the balls to enforce a total quarantine early enough that there is no pandemic here (for now).
Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #6
AlfredT
Evil Dead

To be honest though, this virus while infectious (Like the flu) only seems to have fatal effects on immuno-compromised people. Corona Virii in general have a fairly high mutation rate, but generally aren't super harmful to humans. Don't get me wrong, I never want to get this and spend a week+ in quarantine, but this is the sole reason I don't think its a viral weapon/biological warfare.

Anthrax has a 20-80% fatality rate for all ages, this virus while it spreads fast has a fatality rate of roughly 14% at max (for people over 80).
Old 02-25-2020, 10:50 PM   #7
stalazon
The Dit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
To be honest though, this virus while infectious (Like the flu) only seems to have fatal effects on immuno-compromised people. Corona Virii in general have a fairly high mutation rate, but generally aren't super harmful to humans. Don't get me wrong, I never want to get this and spend a week+ in quarantine, but this is the sole reason I don't think its a viral weapon/biological warfare.

Anthrax has a 20-80% fatality rate for all ages, this virus while it spreads fast has a fatality rate of roughly 14% at max (for people over 80).
What? This is absolutely a bio weapon inadvertently released from the only level 4 research lab in china that's less then 300 yards away from the wuhan market originally claimed to be the source of the pandemic.

There's other reports that there is 4 HIV components within coronachan that makes it more hardy and transmissible. Not possible to be natural.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:13 AM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Every other year I'm told something is going to get us. SARS, Zika, Bird Flu, Ebola, ect...
Old 02-26-2020, 06:40 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

It's the flu. Something like 87.9% of the people who have gotten it recover... even in China where their medical system is buckling under the strain. I think this is a lot of media hype and paranoia over nothing.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
It's the flu. Something like 87.9% of the people who have gotten it recover... even in China where their medical system is buckling under the strain. I think this is a lot of media hype and paranoia over nothing.
Who knows? But the media has already started talking about how this virus can be bad for Trump because it's hurting his robust economy. So it's in the best interest of the democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) to hype this up more.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #11
stalazon
The Dit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You think this is just the flu? Why then has china locked down 50% (700+ million) of their population?

40 mobile cremators sent to Wuhan. Yeah, just the flu.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The Spanish Flu killed 5% of the world's population when population density wasn't nearly as high as it is today.

Just a flu isn't as comforting when you think about it that way. Of course they didn't have nyquil.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #13
stalazon
The Dit

Old 02-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #14
blackzc
Evil Dead

If this is just the flu its a very nasty strain. Luckily i have a job where i come in contact with 0-3 people per day lol. I cant get this thing, the regular flu takes me out for a month or more at a time, my lungs suck.

I think the panic over this is going to be worse than the actual virus itself. That said, China pulled of some pretty totalitarian tactics to get it under control there, good look pulling that off in the land of the free lol. But yeah. we could use a good happening. Maybe people will put their phones down for a few mins.

We'll be aight. India, Africa, the ME. Could be a different story.

Last edited by blackzc; 02-26-2020 at 11:50 AM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

A typical seasonal flu has a death rate around 0.1% to perhaps 0.8%. Approximately 10K to 80K Americans die every flu season and you don't see people FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT LIKE LUNATICS.

* Not a single American on US soil has died of the coronavirus, and fewer than 100 have it.
* The data for the disease is garbage. Complete garbage. Nobody really knows a damn thing about the numbers. It's all estimates of shit piles on a San Fran...ahem, Wuhan...street.
* Sealing off a nation as globally connected as the US is just not possible early enough to stop a genuine threat, because you don't absorb that kind of damage to yourself unless the threat is serious, and you won't know it's serious until it's too late to truly seal it off.
* The only way this virus is any worse than any other typical seasonal flu is if the death rate AND communicability approach 1918 levels, in which case hundreds of millions get sick and while 98% survive, 2% of a huge number don't...leaving you with about 88% of the death among the elderly and the rest the young and immune-compromised.
* Breathe, people. BREATHE.

*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Every other year I'm told something is going to get us. SARS, Zika, Bird Flu, Ebola, ect...
Climate change (cold).
Climate change (warm).
GMOs (destroying nature!).
Overpopulation (famine).
Extinctions (destroying nature!).
Pollution (destroying nature!).
Nuclear energy (toxic!).
The patriarchy and institutional wtfbbqblarghprognonsense.

Always something. Live and enjoy life. The noise never ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #16
stalazon
The Dit

https://www.theepochtimes.com/leaked..._3251354.html#

Leaked Documents Reveal Coronavirus Infections Up to 52 Times Higher Than Reported Figures in China’s Shandong Province
Old 02-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #17
Terran
Evil Dead

Leaked bullshit. There is literally NO reliable data on this virus beyond the few hundred illnesses recorded in a few Western/developed nations. Any numbers anyone is spouting off about, particularly out of China, are pure garbage for clicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
You think this is just the flu? Why then has china locked down 50% (700+ million) of their population?

40 mobile cremators sent to Wuhan. Yeah, just the flu.
You literally just quoted some random tinfoil hat YouTube videos as "evidence".
Old 02-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #19
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
What? This is absolutely a bio weapon inadvertently released from the only level 4 research lab in china that's less then 300 yards away from the wuhan market originally claimed to be the source of the pandemic.

There's other reports that there is 4 HIV components within coronachan that makes it more hardy and transmissible. Not possible to be natural.
All evidence of DNA analysis of the virus indicates decisively that it was not bioengineered.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #20
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
A typical seasonal flu has a death rate around 0.1% to perhaps 0.8%. Approximately 10K to 80K Americans die every flu season and you don't see people FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT LIKE LUNATICS.

* The only way this virus is any worse than any other typical seasonal flu is if the death rate AND communicability approach 1918 levels, in which case hundreds of millions get sick and while 98% survive, 2% of a huge number don't...leaving you with about 88% of the death among the elderly and the rest the young and immune-compromised.
Current estimates are that around 2-2.5% of the infected die. Communicability is less quantifiable, but it is clearly a lot more communicable than SARS was.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote