13 Replies, 766 Views
Blizzard Begins...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 12:19 AM
19 Replies, 1,535 Views

Old 05-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #21
Terran
Evil Dead

The character videos are good, and the game may be quite good as well. The atmosphere of it will probably be poisoned, however, by their perspective.

I love that last developer video, discussing how they see rural Americans as folks who think "Don't trust the government. We can do it ourselves," and that this creates a "petri dish...this sort of magnet for crazy."

That's a window into their leftist perspective on traditional, conservative Americans, folks who think that the government is not trustworthy, and that they can get along just fine if the government would just get the hell out of their lives and out of their way. For committed SJWs and progressive fundamentalists that is crazy talk, because using government to control your life is their raison d'Ítre (reason for living).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #22
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This isn't about your average Midwestern religious person from a small town.

This story is about a man who controls a cult, declares himself it's Messiah and forms a violent militia that kidnaps people. It's not an indictment of religious people; it's about a bunch of violent cultist nutbags set in the heartland of the US.
So it's about a group of nut jobs which, behind the veil of religion, form a death cult and start creating mayhem?

Sounds like a game story tailor made for Islam.

Make no mistake about it, there is an agenda here, and it's NOT just about selling games.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:03 PM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
So it's about a group of nut jobs which, behind the veil of religion, form a death cult and start creating mayhem?

Sounds like a game story tailor made for Islam.

Make no mistake about it, there is an agenda here, and it's NOT just about selling games.
Yeah, because that's the only organization that has ever done something along those lines. Hell, there's even a group if hateful, violent Buddhist monks.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #24
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

The video with the black priest is hilarious.

So we have the roman catholic cult derived from Christianity.

We have this new "death" cult derived from Christianity.

And we have Muslims who derive from Muslims that actually act worse than the death cult in the game.

But we don't want to offend the Muslim for having a ACTUAL religion of war.

Yet the real Christians, the bible believers who read the direct translation, we're not supposed to be offended right?

The world is a sick twisted place, the it's high time liberals shoveling blue pills, because no ones taking them anymore.

I'm leaving the country within a week, I rather live among a country that loves its own people, cherishes its OWN people and respect tradition and the family unit that binds it.

Enjoy killing evil white men in a christian derived cult, as a black priest from a christian derived cult.

However I suppose if we see blacks and Hispanics in this death cult along with a few women it would clear the air a little, along with a few middle eastern people for good measure.

Two can play at that game libtards.

Or we could just buy the Christian cults oil, make them rich and protect their religion, we wouldn't want to offend their culture or laws with our own, we're a tolerant people right?

We could even give them a tax write off, start paying for their lives and pass the bill on to hard working men, I mean they deserve it right, after all...they're propagating intolerance with their founding culture and christian morality, why would they think they have the right to defend a country founded by their fathers?

All this political foot work aside, the graphics do look nice.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #25
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

On another note, the character creation system sounds amazing.

apparently you can pick race gender ect, a first for farcry games.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
This isn't about your average Midwestern religious person from a small town.

This story is about a man who controls a cult, declares himself it's Messiah and forms a violent militia that kidnaps people. It's not an indictment of religious people; it's about a bunch of violent cultist nutbags set in the heartland of the US.
I didn't know the game was set in Dearborn Michigan.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yeah, because that's the only organization that has ever done something along those lines. Hell, there's even a group if hateful, violent Buddhist monks.
Man all those Buddist, attacking buses full of Christians, setting nail bombs off at concerts full of little girls, killing gays for being gay and treating women as sub human property. Oh wait...

No the proper thing to do is kill them with tolerance, that will surely make them not be the barbaric zealots they are.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #28
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Man all those Buddist, attacking buses full of Christians, setting nail bombs off at concerts full of little girls, killing gays for being gay and treating women as sub human property. Oh wait...

No the proper thing to do is kill them with tolerance, that will surely make them not be the barbaric zealots they are.
Your problem is that you seem to view outrage as mutually exclusive; in your view, you can apparently only be appalled by one thing at a time.

Groups such as the fictionalized one in this game have existed and do exist, whether we like it or not. Are they as violent as other terrorist groups? Oftentimes, yes...but not always on the same massive scale, at least domestically (which is what everything I've been saying has been framed by...a point you conveniently choose to gloss over each and every time). They're not attacking Christianity; they're basing this story on the sorts of crazy cults we've actually had crop up in this country on multiple occasions.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that if Ubisoft had chosen to make a game about an ISIS stand-in...lives very well could be threatened, if not taken, by the groups they'd be criticizing. By going with a fictionalized religious cult - that is clearly intended to be a perversion of Christianity - they'll simply raise the ire of conservatives, most of whom won't attempt to blow anyone up (but their panties will certainly get extraordinarily bunched).

I'm not minimizing the horrific things Muslim terrorists have done and continue to do. I'm just saying it's okay to focus on an entirely different fictionalized group for a fictionalized story in a video game.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Your problem is that you seem to view outrage as mutually exclusive; in your view, you can apparently only be appalled by one thing at a time.

Groups such as the fictionalized one in this game have existed and do exist, whether we like it or not. Are they as violent as other terrorist groups? Oftentimes, yes...but not always on the same massive scale, at least domestically (which is what everything I've been saying has been framed by...a point you conveniently choose to gloss over each and every time). They're not attacking Christianity; they're basing this story on the sorts of crazy cults we've actually had crop up in this country on multiple occasions.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that if Ubisoft had chosen to make a game about an ISIS stand-in...lives very well could be threatened, if not taken, by the groups they'd be criticizing. By going with a fictionalized religious cult - that is clearly intended to be a perversion of Christianity - they'll simply raise the ire of conservatives, most of whom won't attempt to blow anyone up (but their panties will certainly get extraordinarily bunched).

I'm not minimizing the horrific things Muslim terrorists have done and continue to do. I'm just saying it's okay to focus on an entirely different fictionalized group for a fictionalized story in a video game.
How are you not minimizing? We have attacks in the name of Islam in the US and around the world practically daily. That you needed to go back 30 years to try and equivalize acts of Islamic terrorism to those performed by other groups is telling. There is no single group on this planet TODAY that performs these acts at even remotely the same level or frequency as Muslims. Hell we even have federal judges attempting to stop Trump from trying to keep America free of Sharia, so much so it's going to end up at the Supreme Court. What do you think Muslims are going to start proposing for American laws should they get into positions of power in the US? Seriously you need only look at Europe for signs of things to come. Or are you that naive and uninformed?

It's like I said, if Islamic extremists were to detonate a nuclear device and killed 50 million Americans, people like you would be more concerned with protecting those poor moderate muslims from backlash than anything else. The way you think Chimpbot defies logic or the reality of what is happening in the world. It must be nice to have your head burried so deeply in the sand that you have zero foresight.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #30
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
How are you not minimizing? We have attacks in the name of Islam in the US and around the world practically daily. That you needed to go back 30 years to try and equivalize acts of Islamic terrorism to those performed by other groups is telling. There is no single group on this planet TODAY that performs these acts at even remotely the same level or frequency as Muslims. Hell we even have federal judges attempting to stop Trump from trying to keep America free of Sharia, so much so it's going to end up at the Supreme Court. What do you think Muslims are going to start proposing for American laws should they get into positions of power in the US? Seriously you need only look at Europe for signs of things to come. Or are you that naive and uninformed?

It's like I said, if Islamic extremists were to detonate a nuclear device and killed 50 million Americans, people like you would be more concerned with protecting those poor moderate muslims from backlash than anything else. The way you think Chimpbot defies logic or the reality of what is happening in the world. It must be nice to have your head burried so deeply in the sand that you have zero foresight.
Where was I minimizing any of their actions?

Where was I saying they should be protected?

Where was I denying the atrocities they have been committing?

What I've been saying - and continue to say - is that there are a number of violent organizations out there. This particular game is telling a story about a fictionalized version of the sorts of groups we've had numerous times over the course of this country's history.

Not every story needs to be about Islamic terrorists.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 AM   #31
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

So where is the FBI to kill them all ?
Old 05-27-2017, 12:49 AM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Where was I minimizing any of their actions?

Where was I saying they should be protected?

Where was I denying the atrocities they have been committing?

What I've been saying - and continue to say - is that there are a number of violent organizations out there. This particular game is telling a story about a fictionalized version of the sorts of groups we've had numerous times over the course of this country's history.

Not every story needs to be about Islamic terrorists.
Ubisoft played it safe is what people are trying to get through to you, because it's safe to portray whites and Christians as the bad guys. Oh those evil white American patriots, the problem is no story is about Islamic terrorists, the MSM is to busy calling anyone that speaks out about it racist. And assholes like you are more than happy to help with that.

You've done nothing but down play said attrocities with cries of but but other groups!! Focus on the other groups!! You're a perfect example of a useful idiot.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Someone you know Chimpy?
Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #34
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Hey guys, can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to be outraged about?

Ever heard of Heaven's Gate?

David Koresh?

Jonestown?

Or how about films like Red State and (the awesome) The Sacrament?

Looks like another story in the vein of those things. I find those stories to be super interesting. I loved that weird ass movie Faults.

But seriously, what is the big deal. I want to know. It looks like another Far Cry game, which I tend to like.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:49 AM   #35
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Hey guys, can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to be outraged about?

Ever heard of Heaven's Gate?

David Koresh?

Jonestown?

Or how about films like Red State and (the awesome) The Sacrament?

Looks like another story in the vein of those things. I find those stories to be super interesting. I loved that weird ass movie Faults.

But seriously, what is the big deal. I want to know. It looks like another Far Cry game, which I tend to like.
That's more or less how I feel. My big issue is everything else. We've shot all the same guns and driven all the same cars before. We've blown up the same objects and have run around the same or similar locations. The only new things are coop and character customization but it doesn't suddenly make the bland world appealing to me.

Also I've gotta make a drinking game for how many times morons use the phrase "political climate". Far Cry 5 is more relevant to the 90s than anything.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #36
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I've never played a Farcry game. I don't normally get into FPS but this one seems like it has a better than average story.

I thought the character vignettes were really well done.

Quote:
I think I agree with you that the saddest part is how acceptable it is to create the fantasy of a mainly white, male, Christian fundamentalist cult group terrorizing a state yet a hint of reflecting of the reality of a real fundamentalist group governed by Islam would have caused torches and pitchforks... and probably a whole lot worse.

That said I lived in Montana for many years and they do have their batshit crazy people and small cults and their population does tend to the independant.

I guess if you were going to pick a State for this fantasy Montana or any of those mid/north west states would work best.

It would be nice if one of the people killed or hurt in the course of the game were one of the hollywood liberals who go up to the state, buy a couple thousand acres for their 20.000 sqft "cabins" driving up the cost of living for everyone else. Then of course they only fly in and stay at the cabin for a week out of the year or so.

That would be the perfect touch of realism.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #37
RevXwise
Evil Dead

Quote:

I hate getting into politics, but this post shows such an astounding lack of understanding of the American legal system, current politics, motivations of terrorist cells, and just general lack of empathy that I was legitimately dumbfounded that someone could believe these words.
RevXwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXwise View Post
I hate getting into politics, but this post shows such an astounding lack of understanding of the American legal system, current politics, motivations of terrorist cells, and just general lack of empathy that I was legitimately dumbfounded that someone could believe these words.
You have entire states ignoring federal immigration laws and creating sanctuary cities full of illegals. Many of them criminal. I know the laws of the land. We're currently watching the left defy those laws as much as possible to actively sabotage a legitimately elected president.

What legitimately dumbfounds me is they're not even hiding it either yet you still have people pretending it isn't occurring.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #39
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
You've done nothing but down play said attrocities with cries of but but other groups!! Focus on the other groups!! You're a perfect example of a useful idiot.
Show me where I downplayed anything Islamic terrorists have done.

Show me where I haven't been calling Islamic terrorists precisely what they are: Islamic terrorists.

Show me where I haven't been acknowledging the atrocities they've committed, up to and including the Manchester attack.

Show me where I've called them anything but the biggest global threat we currently face.

Show me where I haven't repeatedly acknowledged that everything I've been saying is framed domestically, not globally.

I think you're mistaking my discussion of other terrorist groups at greater length for downplaying the biggest global terrorist threat everyone currently faces. I'm talking about the other ones because they're the topic at hand.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #40
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Show me where I downplayed anything Islamic terrorists have done.

Show me where I haven't been calling Islamic terrorists precisely what they are: Islamic terrorists.

Show me where I haven't been acknowledging the atrocities they've committed, up to and including the Manchester attack.

Show me where I've called them anything but the biggest global threat we currently face.

Show me where I haven't repeatedly acknowledged that everything I've been saying is framed domestically, not globally.

I think you're mistaking my discussion of other terrorist groups at greater length for downplaying the biggest global terrorist threat everyone currently faces. I'm talking about the other ones because they're the topic at hand.
Dude you went back 20 years just to gather examples. Today's political climate doesn't see too many Christian cults murdering left and right. If Ubisoft really wanted to do a plot based on "Today's political climate" like they're claiming, white cultist wouldn't be the big badie. All they're doing here is virtue signaling and pushing some more liberal propaganda. Remember kids. Check that white privilege.

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft