13 Replies, 1,561 Views
LEGO The Incredibles...
Last post by excalibur1814
Yesterday 02:36 PM
2 Replies, 524 Views

Old 04-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

They seriously did a remake of Overboard?

There was absolutely no reason to remake that movie. It was a great romcom movie but nowhere near "remake" land.

I really like Anna Ferris but I hope this thing falls on its face.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
LostToys
Evil Dead

Truth or Die looks so bad. I can't even imagine the pitch for that film, let alone executives going, "This sounds like a hit!"
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Truth or Die looks so bad. I can't even imagine the pitch for that film, let alone executives going, "This sounds like a hit!"
It feels like it belongs in the early 00's; it's the perfect sort of shitty horror movie for the worst decade the genre saw in quite some time.

There's a whole lot of nothin' this week, which is surprising. There's usually at least one movie or something I want to pick up...but, this is an incredibly dull week.

I'd consider getting Attack on Titan with Orcs at some point down the road when it's on sale, though.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Powering through season 2 of Jessica Jones. The first episode is borderline unwatchable pandering SJW shit. Every liberal stereotype of NYC is represented and is forced in so awkwardly it slows the episode down and distracts from whatever the story is supposed to be. A few episodes later it catches its stride and by episode 5 I'm very entertained and want to see more. But man it can get shit sometimes. Carrie-Anne Moss (Hogarth) is awful and whenever it switches to her story there's a countdown until the next disgusting lesbian sex scene while crying about her disease. It not that I don't like lesbian sex scenes, but watching her and some homeless woman and a room full of out of shape prostitutes doesn't do it for me. I have no sympathy for her character and wish she would die already. Rachael Taylor (Jessica's adopted sister Trish) is decent then suddenly annoying and I hope she dies as well. Krysten Ritter (Jessica) is great and pulls the show together. Her mother is also great.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It feels like it belongs in the early 00's; it's the perfect sort of shitty horror movie for the worst decade the genre saw in quite some time.
That's the only reasonable explanation I can accept: they had a script that they bought back when teen horror movies were in vogue, and they only now got around to making it. Otherwise, there is no excuse for this garbage.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
That's the only reasonable explanation I can accept: they had a script that they bought back when teen horror movies were in vogue, and they only now got around to making it. Otherwise, there is no excuse for this garbage.
I am stuck taking a car load of teen girls to see this one, so that should tell you who the target audience is for stuff like this.

Tags
weekly release list