Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Marvel's Stan Lee Series...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 07:03 AM
51 Replies, 2,229 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 06:49 AM
2,788 Replies, 354,256 Views
Sins of a Solar Empire:...
Last post by AlfredT
Today 06:12 AM
0 Replies, 27 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Azrael
Today 12:31 AM
12 Replies, 566 Views
PUBG Coming to PS4...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 10:13 PM
16 Replies, 1,119 Views
Sony is Skipping E3 2019
Last post by Chief Smash
Yesterday 08:37 PM
20 Replies, 850 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 08:05 PM
11 Replies, 984 Views
Disney's Dumbo Trailer...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 08:02 PM
13 Replies, 1,139 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead
 
Metal Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,381
What's in my GOG.com Game Library - 87 Old & New Classics!

Here is a peek at my GOG.com digital game library!


I'm surprised at how many comments on the video from people who didn't know about GOG.com!! If my video will help spread the awesomeness of that site, my job here is done.
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
zeonxavier
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Bragg
Posts: 683
Descent is still worth my time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis View Post
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
zeonxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
I'm surprised at how many comments on the video from people who didn't know about GOG.com!! If my video will help spread the awesomeness of that site, my job here is done.
YES! An excellent PSA.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead
 
Metal Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonxavier View Post
Descent is still worth my time.
Descent 2 and Forsaken are games I bust out every couple of years and have a blast replaying.
__________________
A Long Haired Metal Dude with an Unhealthy Passion for Video Games
www.YouTube.com/MetalJesusRocks
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
paragondk1
Dread Lord
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Descent 2 and Forsaken are games I bust out every couple of years and have a blast replaying.
Forsaken? I consider myself a pretty big PC game (and AMIGA ) expert, but are you talking about the Akklaim multiplayer game?
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
Forsaken? I consider myself a pretty big PC game (and AMIGA ) expert, but are you talking about the Akklaim multiplayer game?
Yah, I played it years ago on the N64. A buddy of mine and I played the multiplayer to death. Underrated game.



__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 370
What happened to Anachronox- Daikatana.

Ion Storm was in the process of imploding over what happened with the debacle that was Daikatana and unfortunately the very small frugal spending team working on Anarchronox was pretty much thrown out on the street without notice, they took the code base that they had, compiled it and shipped it as is. The game didn't come with a manual, was almost impossible to find in store and had no support whatsoever- nor was it complete when it shipped.

A couple of the devs, one in particular, spent their spare time finishing/fixing the game over the course of a couple of years. The game was fairly unplayable with how it was shipped, had no press support *at all*, had no publisher support and looked downright archaic when it launched- Quake 3 was dated by that point.

One of my all time favorite games, I didn't have to look any of this up, I was absolutely livid that somehow the Anachronox boys were lumped in with the Daikatana team when they were much, much closer to the Deus EX team.
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
paragondk1
Dread Lord
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
What happened to Anachronox- Daikatana.

Ion Storm was in the process of imploding over what happened with the debacle that was Daikatana and unfortunately the very small frugal spending team working on Anarchronox was pretty much thrown out on the street without notice, they took the code base that they had, compiled it and shipped it as is. The game didn't come with a manual, was almost impossible to find in store and had no support whatsoever- nor was it complete when it shipped.

A couple of the devs, one in particular, spent their spare time finishing/fixing the game over the course of a couple of years. The game was fairly unplayable with how it was shipped, had no press support *at all*, had no publisher support and looked downright archaic when it launched- Quake 3 was dated by that point.

One of my all time favorite games, I didn't have to look any of this up, I was absolutely livid that somehow the Anachronox boys were lumped in with the Daikatana team when they were much, much closer to the Deus EX team.
This is surprising to read. I remember the Anachronox box being huge and rather unique (European version) and the game being fairly polished all things considered. Every RPG at that point had bugs galore, after all. I reviewed it at the time and completed it too - fun game!
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
digital distribution, gog.com, metal jesus, pc games

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 AM.