The Grudge 2 Red Band...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 12:31 PM
8 Replies, 590 Views

Old 11-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ford vs Ferrari Races to #1 at the Box Office

Fox's Ford v Ferrari more than lived up to the most aggressive of pre-weekend expectations, delivering a #1 performance at the domestic weekend box office. However, Sony's Charlie's Angels struggled mightily in its debut, failing to reach the lowest of expectations.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of November 15th to November 17th, 2019.
  1. Ford v Ferrari $31.0/$31.0
  2. Midway $8.7/$35.1
  3. Charlie's Angels $8.6/$8.6
  4. Playing with Fire $8.5/$25.4
  5. Last Christmas $6.7/$22.5
  6. Doctor Sleep $6.1/$25.0
  7. The Good Liar $5.6/$5.6
  8. Joker $5.6/$322.5
  9. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil $5.2/$106.0
  10. Harriet $4.7/$31.8
  11. Terminator: Dark Fate $4.3/$56.8
  12. Jojo Rabbit $2.8/$13.5
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
DingBat
Evil Dead

Carroll Shelby is like the mad scientist of the automotive world. He reminds me of the guys at Lockheed that came up with the Widowmaker and SR-71.

Just coincidentally, my wife and I walked past a AC Cobra in a parking lot just last week. The car looked legit (not a kit) to my inexpert eyes.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

WANT to see it TOO DAMN LONG for theater.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

I am delighted of the flopping od Charlie's Angels. Who the fuck tought that this movie was in anyone's interest?
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

If you guys are interested in cars you gotta check out https://bringatrailer.com/.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #6
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
I am delighted of the flopping od Charlie's Angels. Who the fuck tought that this movie was in anyone's interest?
A movie based on an action series, but with no action and purposeful feminist overtones? When the director comes out basically bashing men for not wanting to see her movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Banks
My real plea is for men to have enough empathy to go see movies starring women because I’ve been asked to go see movies starring men my entire life, and I’ve happily done so. I don’t know why men don’t return that f***ing favor.
I have no idea why people would not want to see that!
Old 11-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
A movie based on an action series, but with no action and purposeful feminist overtones? When the director comes out basically bashing men for not wanting to see her movie?
I have no idea why people would not want to see that!
She's just mad because she wrote, directed and starred in this mess and it flopped. The only interesting thing about the movie seems to be that Patrick Stewart is in it, but even that is not enough to make me want to watch this dumpster fire. I watched the first two Charlie's Angels movies, heck I would even say I liked them but this movie has a cast that seems to have no chemistry and just seems dull. As one person noted, "this movie seems like a parody of itself", and that seems to be fairly accurate.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
She's just mad because she wrote, directed and starred in this mess and it flopped. The only interesting thing about the movie seems to be that Patrick Stewart is in it, but even that is not enough to make me want to watch this dumpster fire. I watched the first two Charlie's Angels movies, heck I would even say I liked them but this movie has a cast that seems to have no chemistry and just seems dull. As one person noted, "this movie seems like a parody of itself", and that seems to be fairly accurate.
At least the first two Angel's movies had a recognizable cast.. actually pretty big hollywood stars..

this time around?.. the plank from Twilight and two nobodies. What could go wrong?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #9
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Weird.. it seems that a lot of people wen't to see Wonder Woman two years ago... also Aliens from decades ago...

it seems your movie is crap Elizabeth , and no one want to see that
Old 11-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
Robberbaron
Death Knight

Direct quote from Elizabeth Banks

"My real plea is for men to have enough empathy to go see movies starring women because I’ve been asked to go see movies starring men my entire life, and I’ve happily done so. I don’t know why men don’t return that fucking favor.”

Well we all knew it would suck and where were all your Female sisters in arms at? oh they skipped it cause they knew it would suck.
Men went to watch Wonder Women because ?? Oh cause it was great that's why
Robberbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Charlie's Angels does not look like a movie trying to appeal to heterosexual men. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sex appeal, nothing wrong with recognizing the distinction between men and women. You'll never succeed in making a butch bisexual/lesbian attractive to heterosexual men.

The Ford film just looks lifeless. Damon makes me ill, and Christian Bale looks like someone broke his jaw and wired it shut. It has no spark to it for me. None.

Midway was okay, but similarly lacked that special something. Lifeless.

Man, Hollywood is shit right now. Terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Charlie's Angels does not look like a movie trying to appeal to heterosexual men. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sex appeal, nothing wrong with recognizing the distinction between men and women. You'll never succeed in making a butch bisexual/lesbian attractive to heterosexual men.

The Ford film just looks lifeless. Damon makes me ill, and Christian Bale looks like someone broke his jaw and wired it shut. It has no spark to it for me. None.

Midway was okay, but similarly lacked that special something. Lifeless.

Man, Hollywood is shit right now. Terrible.
The story of the Ford GT40 is a really great one though, especially for car enthusiasts. The Ford GT 2004 happens to be my favorite car of all time. Recently a modified Ford GT beat the land-speed record, and what Ford did with the GT40 in the Le Mans was really impressive.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #13
DingBat
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
The story of the Ford GT40 is a really great one though, especially for car enthusiasts. The Ford GT 2004 happens to be my favorite car of all time. Recently a modified Ford GT beat the land-speed record, and what Ford did with the GT40 in the Le Mans was really impressive.
There used to be a guy that lived down the street from us that owned a GT 2004. He showed us the car one day, what a beauty.

I don't know if it's true or not but he said he'd taken it back to Ford in Detroit a couple of time and they'd modified it to near 1000hp.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #14
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
Carroll Shelby is like the mad scientist of the automotive world. He reminds me of the guys at Lockheed that came up with the Widowmaker and SR-71.

Just coincidentally, my wife and I walked past a AC Cobra in a parking lot just last week. The car looked legit (not a kit) to my inexpert eyes.
I have a friend back in Michigan that owns one. Inherited it when his dad passed away a few years ago. His brother got the 2007 GT 500 which was used as a prototype for the Super Snake. His dad had a '66 GT 350 as well, that he used for road racing. Not sure what happened to that.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #15
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
If the basis of the movie is of any interest, then it's a must see. I'm usually pretty luke warm on both Damon as of late and Bale, however, both did a really good job at portraying two unique characters in history in (as much as I understand the background) an accurate portrayal of the events. As for the length, really didn't drag anywhere for me - but then again, I'm right in the target demographic. The wife only fell asleep once briefly, so that speaks volumes as well on the good side. LOL

We went to a 12:30 showing on Sunday and there were a good half dozen (including my own, despite her first putting up her garage door. Seriously woman...we're going to go in a Rav4 vs. a '18 Mustang GT?!?) Mustangs in the lot, along with a few Chargers and Challengers. Seems the marketing hit the mark at least with that small sample size view.

Also hit the mark in as much as I couldn't resist planting the accelerator onto the floor in second gear getting onto Route 1 outside the theater on the way home, much to my wife's disagreement.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Racing movies are almost always fun to watch. I've seen Rush like 10 times. I want to see this one, but because of scheduling I'll end up waiting for it to come out on video.

The Charlie's Angels movie always looked like a complete flop. Just a bunch of actresses that no one cares that much about. I like Kristen Stewart just fine, if they had paired her up with a couple of other AAA actresses it might have been a success. As the lead actress? Not so much.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
There used to be a guy that lived down the street from us that owned a GT 2004. He showed us the car one day, what a beauty.

I don't know if it's true or not but he said he'd taken it back to Ford in Detroit a couple of time and they'd modified it to near 1000hp.
Isn't it a beaut? What a perfect mesh of old school ford muscle and modern sports car.

I believe it! I've seen videos of modded Ford GTs hitting ridiculous speeds!

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart