Last post by timmyd
Today 07:54 AM
13 Replies, 946 Views

Old 10-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #81
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
Missed the point in some places in the world they are persecuted in a extrema manner so my point about human rights still stand and is reasonable.
Nope. because their activism is not aimed at the rest of the world. It's only aimed at ourselves.
While conveniently ignoring the rest of the world. Just like Blizzard did with China.
Which is why people are angry at them. Which is the point.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #82
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Tell that to people in Russia were it persecuted or Iran because Iran has no gays there all dead or hiding deep deep in the closet. Hell China is also not so nice to gay people as well so yea
And yet pro LBGT Blizzard Activision actually stands WITH China. Go figure. Gotta love people who virtue signal for the sake of it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #83
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
I clearly said the West..... Because that is what the people in Hong Kong are fighting for.
To maintain Western standards of enlightenment values that we already have here.

I don't know if you noticed, but our own activism here is not about the problems in Russia or Iran either.
It's about smearing our own society as the worst tyranny on earth while condoning all the real tyrannies around the world.
Every time someone types "tyrannies" or "tyranny" for some reason my brain changes that to "Tranny" which might be appropriate for this conversation.

In other news I don't know what the solution is for Hong Kong but if China goes in shooting or treating people like they do in Tibet the world will revolt. Plus, Hong Kong is the furthest thing from Tibet. Peasants vs. a digital, involved, and more world wise population.

In the meantime the NBA has now sent out two groups of fans for "free hong kong" signs and I think the broadcast networks are being forced not to even show the signs if they show up now.

And there is a guy who is printing up $3,000 worth of "Free Hong Kong" t-shirts for the upcoming Golden Warriors game. People are supposed to put them on then their will be a big reveal at some point during the game that the networks won't be able to ignore. Not even ESPN.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #84
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
...if China goes in shooting or treating people like they do in Tibet the world will revolt..
The world will do nothing of note or of practical usefulness at all. Nothing. China is a cow with a bunch of big cash teats, and the world wants in on the action. American companies and uniparty globalist politicians have been squealing like mad through this entire, and pretty damn short/mild, trade war initiated by Trump. They want to go back to business as usual.

Not enough people with skin in the game actually care. Status quo, here it comes. Sweep that HK shit under the carpet, move along, nothing to see here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied

Last edited by Terran; 10-12-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #85
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
And yet pro LBGT Blizzard Activision actually stands WITH China. Go figure. Gotta love people who virtue signal for the sake of it.
Duh why it proves Blizzard are massive hypocrites when they say they try stay out of divisive politic issues and saying this had nothing to do with China is massive load of horse shit.
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #86
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Duh why it proves Blizzard are massive hypocrites when they say they try stay out of divisive politic issues and saying this had nothing to do with China is massive load of horse shit.
Obviously. Blizzard has ZERO problem pushing political agendas, just ones that they like.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #87
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Obviously. Blizzard has ZERO problem pushing political agendas, just ones that they like.
Wrong one that don't cost them financially. They didn't punish the two American collage hearthstone players for doing the same thing ask Blitzchung.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:44 AM   #88
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

What's the big deal, don't you guys have phones?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #89
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Wrong one that don't cost them financially. They didn't punish the two American collage hearthstone players for doing the same thing ask Blitzchung.
Exactly. They virtue signal when it's popular and doesn't cost them any meaningful cash. They are cowards.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #90
Booda
Beam another Blast

I still have yet to play through the Zerg & Protoss campaigns in Starcraft 2. Other than that I haven't had any use for Blizzard since Diablo 3.

And yes, Blizzard is acting horrible about this human rights situation which probably surprised almost no one.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #91
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
I still have yet to play through the Zerg & Protoss campaigns in Starcraft 2. Other than that I haven't had any use for Blizzard since Diablo 3.

And yes, Blizzard is acting horrible about this human rights situation which probably surprised almost no one.
They want that sweet sweet Chinese mobile game market money.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #92
RAV
Evil Dead

These compilations of unit quotes from C&C: Generals are some funny shit:

Is just the type of funny you still saw from the 90s era of devs, but those days are gone. It is unlikely games like these are ever produced again, certainly not by a big company, since no one can afford getting banned in China over this anymore. Or wants to be accused of racism here. There is no way around it now, Chinese policy will affect us here through economy.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote