Gamer's Shopping Guide -...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:06 PM
0 Replies, 296 Views

Old 10-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Titanfall 2 is Now Available Worldwide #Titanfall2

EA sends along a press release announcing the worldwide release of Titanfall 2 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Quote:
Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts today announced that the highly anticipated Titanfall® 2 is now available in stores worldwide on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Origin™ for PC, and for the first time in the franchise, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Winner of the Official Game Critics’ Award for Best Online Multiplayer at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June, Titanfall 2 builds on the signature Pilot and Titan combat the series is known for and provides a deeper, more robust experience that once again delivers innovative, unique, and exciting gameplay. Titanfall 2 is receiving universal praise from critics around the world, with Giant Bomb giving it a perfect 5 out of 5, calling it “fantastic”, while Game Informer stated Titanfall 2 is a “must play”, on their way to scoring it a 9.5 out of 10.
Click on the Headline for the Press Release.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - October 28, 2016 - Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts today announced that the highly anticipated Titanfall® 2 is now available in stores worldwide on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Origin™ for PC, and for the first time in the franchise, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Winner of the Official Game Critics’ Award for Best Online Multiplayer at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June, Titanfall 2 builds on the signature Pilot and Titan combat the series is known for and provides a deeper, more robust experience that once again delivers innovative, unique, and exciting gameplay. Titanfall 2 is receiving universal praise from critics around the world, with Giant Bomb giving it a perfect 5 out of 5, calling it “fantastic”, while Game Informer stated Titanfall 2 is a “must play”, on their way to scoring it a 9.5 out of 10.

“With Titanfall 2, we built on the dynamic Pilot and Titan gameplay established with the first Titanfall to deliver an experience that is deeper, more refined, yet still as fun as ever,” said Vince Zampella, CEO of Respawn Entertainment. “In single player, we’ve crafted something that is unlike any other campaign out there, and in multiplayer, we once again deliver gameplay that feels, plays, and looks great.”

Featuring the first single player campaign in the series’ history, Titanfall 2 delivers a carefully crafted action-adventure experience that provides a vibrant mix of exciting, innovative gameplay that brings fresh ideas and mechanics to the shooter genre. Following a failed Militia assault on the IMC planet of Typhon, Militia rifleman Jack Cooper must team up with BT-7274, a Vanguard-class Titan, to uphold a mission they were never meant to carry out. Over the course of the campaign, Jack and BT-7274 must work together to overcome insurmountable odds, and along the way realize that they are unstoppable together.

In multiplayer, Respawn builds on the dynamic Pilot and Titan gameplay to once again deliver an experience that is fast, fluid, and fun. Whether it’s fighting as a Pilot – the agile, mobile, and incredibly deadly apex-predators of the Frontier – or one of six all-new Titans – 20-foot-tall war machines wrapped in armor – Titanfall 2 delivers a deep, robust experience that is unmatched. Titanfall 2 also introduces Networks, an in-game social hub that serves as player’s home base during multiplayer. Making it fast and easy to play with friends both old and new, Networks range from casual to competitive. Each Network will also be able to take advantage of a daily Happy Hour, where each player within that Network gets bonus Merits they can use to unlock in-game items quicker.

Following the release of Titanfall 2, all post-launch maps, modes, and weapons will be available for free to all Titanfall 2 players. This all starts on December 2*, when Respawn releases Angel City – the remastered fan favorite map from the original Titanfall.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

I'm not interested in multiplayer, but if this has a good single player campaign I would like to check it out eventually. I look forward to hearing what people think of the single player.
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
Anemone
Evil Dead

K.

Worst part is, because they showed us they had no interest or enthusiasm in providing a great single-player experience, I don't really trust them on this one. Is it just a bone thrown to the dog experience, or are they actually creating something interesting. Is it a 2 hour experience ala Call of Duty whatever, or an epic story.

So, as you say, T3k, I'll probably cautiously Let's Play watch the singleplayer and see how it goes.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
Lactose
Developer

We put a ton of work into SP on Titanfall 1, we just had to cut it for scope.

There was never a lack of interest or enthusiasm.

A few of the shipping Titanfall 2 missions were initially designed in 2010.
Lactose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
Anemone
Evil Dead

Well for those of us who value SP far over MP, it was a real thumb to the eye.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

MP is where the legs are though. If that's bad it could hamstring future development.

They only had a small team and focusing on MP is the call I'd make too. I also was disappointed in the "SP" in Titanfall but that game was only ever a proof-of-concept. It worked, now we get the proper game.

People seem to be speaking highly of the SP too.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Well for those of us who value SP far over MP, it was a real thumb to the eye.
I don't think that's fair. They were quite clear that they decided to go multiplayer only with the first Titanfall because they had a small development team. Yeah, I wanted single player too, but there was no thumb in the eye.

With Titanfall 2 they were clear about what they were doing. Now they have the full package.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #9
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

So, Titanfall 2 single player campaign was a great. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I do have some complaints about it though. First it was too short. I did a play through on regular difficulty and completed it in about 6 hours. Admittedly I didn't do a lot of exploration or look for all of the collectable helmets. And I had a good feel for the wall running mechanics going into the game. Even if I did i doubt it would have lasted much longer.

There are some plot holes as well. I won't give any spoilers in this thread. I'll just say, as an example, how did they know to build the wrist device and that it would be useful on this mission?

I wasn't a fan of how they introduced enemy bosses. Essentially with a cut scene where the enemy opens up his titan to talk some shit. But I get it's necessary to put a face on them other than the Titan.

That being said, it was still really fun. The pacing was good. The platformer style puzzles were really fun. Particularly when they mixed in the wristband tech and arcgun. They did a good job of ramping up the story. So I didn't really feel let down when the campaign ended earlier than I expected. And I was able to look past what I felt were holes in the plot.

Also Matt Mercer was a great choice for Jack Cooper imo. Would have been nice to have a few more dialog options.

@Lactose I'm sure you can't actually comment on this in detail. But I felt like Titanfall one single player was dropped due to an arbitrary deadline set by someone outside of Respawn.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #10
Lactose
Developer

Not from outside Respawn. EA was very supportive and hands off.
Lactose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
Azrael
Evil Dead

If it was on Steam i would have bought it already. Actually thinking of crossing the line and finally making a origin account to play it... almost. It does look good
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
Azzy
Cthulian

I've been trying to login and give my money to EA for two days and FUCKING ZERO. I hate Origin SO FUCKING MUCH.
I was a big fan of the first one but every portion of this experience so far is a fucking failure.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:34 AM   #13
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Don't blame EA, blame the shitlords at PoodleCorp for DDoSing them.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #14
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
Don't blame EA, blame the shitlords at PoodleCorp for DDoSing them.
This. Lock them up. (They can make cookies for Hillary.)
Old 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #15
Snipee
Evil Dead

Lactose, I just wanted to say Titanfall 2 is fantastic. I'm digging all the unlocks and multiplayer is heavily addictive. The single player is fantastic. Well worth the $!
Thanks!
Snipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #16
Rommel
International Playboy

Worldwide offer not available in Iran, Cuba, North Korea, Syria and Ukraine.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Worldwide offer not available in Iran, Cuba, North Korea, Syria and Ukraine.
Growth potential for your smuggling operation! You can have each of the underage sex undocumented workers put them in their anal cavity luggage.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #18
ÜberJumper
Former Relic Stalker

Azzy, I had trouble logging into my origin client... wouldn't let me log in. Had to remove all the cached data and then log in... then it spotted a major Origin client update and installed properly.

You could try and get the latest origin client and make sure it installs.
ÜberJumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea games, respawn entertainment, titanfall 2