Last post by inscribed
Today 12:47 PM
912 Replies, 152,110 Views

Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Introducing the PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle

Quote:
The November 17 release date for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR is just around the corner, and we couldn’t be happier to announce that we’re making it easier than ever to enjoy the epic open world of The Elder Scrolls with the PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle.

The PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle includes the PS VR system, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, and Skyrim VR — including the Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons. Also included is an updated PS VR Demo Disc that features demos from 13 PS VR titles.

The PlayStation VR Skyrim Bundle will launch alongside the game on November 17 in the U.S. for $449.99 USD and in Canada for $579.99 CAD. If you want to make sure you get your hands on one, pre-order your bundle starting today.

This is the full length open-world game you have been waiting to experience in virtual reality. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s stellar reputation hardly needs an introduction, as the title has won more than 200 game of the year awards in its time. We simply can’t wait for PS4 gamers to experience it like never before. For those who are longtime fans of the game, Skyrim VR will transport you right into the game’s epic world. For those who have yet to play Skyrim, you are in for massive treat.

Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel and the future of the Empire hangs in the balance. As the Dragonborn, the prophesied hero born with the power of The Voice, you are the only one who can stand amongst them. And you will — all in a stunning virtual reality package. Skyrim VR can be played with either a DualShock 4 or the PlayStation Move controllers. To heighten your experience, each controller also enables you to customize your movement with both free movement and teleportation options.

This bundle will come with the updated PS VR system featuring revised design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset, and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4.

We are also excited to launch a brand new TV spot that drops you into the frigid and relentless plains of Skyrim as you get ready for an all-new journey against rival factions, creatures, and Alduin — the worldeater.

Long time player? Tell us your favorite Skyrim memory! New player eager to jump in? What are you most excited for?

FUS RO DAH!
blog.us.playstation.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I'll take a Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Pro instead. Thanks boss!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Skyrim in VR sounds fricking awesome. I can't think of a better game to showcase VR, except maybe Senua's Sacrifice.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

I need to do another (and this time full) play-through of this game. Been a while since I spent substantial time in it, and with all the mods I was using it's no longer stable/compatible with the latest edition.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #6
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I'll take a Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Pro instead. Thanks boss!
I've said it here before, but the lack of Star Wars X-Wing/TIE Fighter VR game is confusing to me. Battlefront's X-wing VR mission was awesome, and would have been a system seller to a handful of my friends... if, it had actually been a complete game and not just a great tech demo.

Also, adding VR to Skyrim and Doom is great... but not if you've already paid $60 for the regular versions. The lack of an upgrade option for existing customers, makes these games a no-go for me. So many games right now... how could I possibly justify having spent $120 +tax on a single game?
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Glad they added the noted it was not real gameplay. Otherwise people might be worried about a dragon picking them up out of their house, turning them into Norsemen looking people and breathing fire.

Imagine the lawsuits!

I haven't played Skyrim for years. It's the game that seems to keep on giving for Bethesda. I can't imagine playing it on Console though; clamped down with so few mods? Seems like going out for a great steak but only being able to choose from Sizzler or Outback.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Skyrim in VR sounds fricking awesome. I can't think of a better game to showcase VR, except maybe Senua's Sacrifice.
Every impression I've seen has been very underwhelming. AI and combat is super simplified (as if it couldn't already be any easier) and the game is empty in comparison to regular Skyrim. Also there is no stealth.

Meanwhile almost all the same people who tried Doom VR (VFR, bleh) loved it.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
solinari6
Evil Dead

This is confusing to me. Don't most people say that Skyrim is a 50-200 hour game?

And don't most people also say that it's hard to play with the VR headset for more than an hour at a time due to it's uncomfortable-ness?
solinari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #10
LostToys
Evil Dead

I could play VR for hours on end, but I end up steaming up my headset after a hour of use. So it is not due to a lack of trying or wanting to play longer.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #11
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Right. Who the hell is going to spend 100+ hours with a PSVR on their head to get through Skyrim? I can't even spend a full hour at a time with mine.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Also how is this game still so popular? You play it once for like 100 hours, and you're done. You don't play the thing over and over and over.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #13
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

i remember 4 years ago this game was super exciting, however the characters/story were pretty long winded and i did not finish . yeah it is fun,but they should practically have the next one done :P .
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Every impression I've seen has been very underwhelming. AI and combat is super simplified (as if it couldn't already be any easier) and the game is empty in comparison to regular Skyrim. Also there is no stealth.

Meanwhile almost all the same people who tried Doom VR (VFR, bleh) loved it.
er... what?

All the impressions I read of Skyrim VR said it was functionally identical to the re-release that just came out on the PS4 in terms of graphics and play.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #15
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Right. Who the hell is going to spend 100+ hours with a PSVR on their head to get through Skyrim? I can't even spend a full hour at a time with mine.
Weird. I can spend an infinite amount of time in VR. Or, at least, I have yet to hit an upper limit. But I've clocked hudnreds of hours in VR at this point so I might just be quite used to it.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #16
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Also how is this game still so popular? You play it once for like 100 hours, and you're done. You don't play the thing over and over and over.
I played Skyrim during christmas one year, now every Christmas season I get the urge to play Skyrim again. It's my Holiday season game haha.

I'm reinstalling it tonight. (I screwed up my previous install)
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #17
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

One of the reasons I've kept my PSVR is this upcoming title, crossing my fingers.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Weird. I can spend an infinite amount of time in VR. Or, at least, I have yet to hit an upper limit. But I've clocked hudnreds of hours in VR at this point so I might just be quite used to it.
Ditto. I sometimes take the headset off for a stretch but I've done 4 or 5 hour runs in Elite without feeling the need to take a break.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation vr, skyrim