18 Replies, 954 Views
Gamer's Shopping Guide -...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:06 PM
0 Replies, 296 Views

Old 02-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Which Nintendo SWITCH GAMES do we want? Let's DREAM BIG!

The Nintendo Switch game announcement list left many gamers wanting more. In this video I dare to DREAM BIG to come up with my own list of games I’d like to see come to the Nintendo Switch!

Anybody else pre-order the Switch? What dream games would you like to see announced?
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

My quick list:
  • Metroid (2d) Love Super Metroid, didn't like Metroid: Fusion
  • Metroid (3d) Metroid Prime style
  • F-Zero (Not full price - digital only?)
  • Wave Race (Not full price - digital only?)
  • Blaster Master Zero
  • River City Ransom Underground
  • 2D Mario that feels more like a modern Mario World/Yoshi's Island as opposed to NSMB
  • A.N.N.E.
  • Punch Out
  • Inside
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kl3r View Post
This is the first I've heard of A.N.N.E.... but it looks cool! I love the idea of a Metroid / R-Type mashup
Old 02-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

There's a new Blaster Master game?

Well, shit.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
gillman
Evil Dead

how about... Virtual Console that I don't have to pay to import?
gillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillman View Post
how about... Virtual Console that I don't have to pay to import?
Yeah, Nintendo needs to catch a clue with this. The games should be tied to your ACCOUNT like your Apple or Google IDs... and not the specific hardware.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #7
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

heh Subliminal Barbie Horse Adventures.

Games I'd like to see... aside from a new Smash or Smash 4 port, presumably.

-- Sequel to Star Fox Zero--hope they don't get discouraged by the tepid response to Zero and move the series forward.
-- New fully featured entries to Wave Race and/or 1080 Snowboarding.
-- All of the Mario Sports games, maybe bundled into one super game. Mario Golf at the very least.
-- A Mario Party that isn't completely terrible and doesn't feel like they only made a third of the game.
-- A solid Harvest Moon title. Yeah, Stardew Valley is confirmed, but I'd like a solid 3D title.
-- A major Pokemon release of some sort. They skipped Wii and Wii U.

Figure a new DKC title is prolly a given, but have to throw that in too. Tropical Freeze was outstanding.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There's a new Blaster Master game?

Well, shit.
Whaaaa? I'd buy it for that alone, one of my favs of all time.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

2D Mario
Pikmin
2D castlevania
Metroid Prime
Traditional Pokemon
Bravely Default

So far im liking whats coming. Im easy these days. Bomberman, Puyo Puyo/Tetris, SF2, 2D Sonic.

Im liking the whole vibe of the switch. Makes me feel like a kid again. Its a breath of fresh air.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

viewtiful joe needs a true sequel!! Gamecube and Nintendo DS had 2 releases each, and they are long overdue on 3ds and switch. The JEdi knight game were pc, but could be fantastic and fun kinda like No more heroes.
Timesplitters series was always a blast.
f-zero
star fox assault on gamecube needs a proper successor
scribblenaughts unmasked was great.
diddy kong racing

the gamecube has a huge list of top quality IPs i would love to see more from. Style and quality releases! not
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:51 AM   #11
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Well, I think the games are starting to round out nicely, considering it hasn't launched yet and some devs are waiting to see how the console sells, but half my wishlist is already coming in the way of Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2, etc. And games like Square Enix's Project Octopath Traveler look very intriguing. I'd also like to see in no order:

Metroid Prime
Animal Crossing (not some ridiculous spin off)
Golden Sun
Sin and Punishment
Bayonetta
Punchout
Torment tides of numenera
Bloodstained (Blackzc - check this game out if you havent yet. basically 2d castlevania)
Half-Life 3 (hey, you said dream big)
Tales of Berseria
Old 02-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Serious question here from someone who doesn't know the answer but guesses he may...how much of the stuff mentioned in this thread is brand new (original) IP that folks are excited for on the Switch? Can we get a list of which titles mentioned so far are actually new?
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Serious question here from someone who doesn't know the answer but guesses he may...how much of the stuff mentioned in this thread is brand new (original) IP that folks are excited for on the Switch? Can we get a list of which titles mentioned so far are actually new?
This is a thread about what existing IP's people want to see return or debut on the new Nintendo system. That's the question being asked/answered.

Brand new IP's that have already been announced for Switch are outside the scope of discussion, as they're already confirmed as heading to the system. If you want a thread about IP's that don't exist yet, you'll have to start a list of stuff people make up off the top of their head or something. heh To be fair though, it does say "dream" games in the original post.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
This is a thread about what existing IP's people want to see return or debut on the new Nintendo system. That's the question being asked/answered.
LIE! And I quote:

Quote:
Thread title: Which Nintendo SWITCH GAMES do we want? Let's DREAM BIG!

The Nintendo Switch game announcement list left many gamers wanting more. In this video I dare to DREAM BIG to come up with my own list of games I’d like to see come to the Nintendo Switch!
Don't go beaniebaby on us, trying to censor discussion.

So, what new IP do we have headed for the Switch that people are excited about? Hmmmmmm?
Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
LIE! And I quote:

Don't go beaniebaby on us, trying to censor discussion.

So, what new IP do we have headed for the Switch that people are excited about? Hmmmmmm?
Just brand new IP's only?

Like...IPs that don't exist yet? Well that would be difficult. I could make anything up. Or IPs that have just recently come into existence and are new?

If you mean what new IPs would we like to see that would be brand new (meaning they don't exist), I would like to see a brand new arcade racing IP that is similar to the Rush games but better. A stunt course sandbox, a career mode with hidden stuff, a bunch of unlockables, and deep car customization. I'd also like to see a Lovecraftian survival horror IP, a sci-fi game where you are on one planet, another intelligent species is on a neighboring planet, and you have to equip and prepare for war, then engage in vehicle, ship, invasion - interplanetary war. All in the first person perspective. I'd also like to see a complex board game. Something Talisman level. I'd like to see an American Football IP that isn't Madden. Doesn't even have to be licensed if it's good. And may other things.

If you mean, what new IPs that are coming to the Switch already that I'm interested in playing:

1. Project Octopath Traveler - Square Enix: The trailer has my interest pretty damned piqued. It looks great. Link is to the trailer.

2. ARMS - Nintendo: This is a new IP from Nintendo. I was skeptical due to the optional motion controls, but they are optional and everyone who's played the demo have all been impressed, so it's now on my radar. Especially knowing you can customize the fighters. Link is to Projared's review of the demo. (He's not afraid to rake NIntendo through the coals when he feels they deserve it)

3. 1, 2 Switch - Nintendo: Not overly sold on this EXCEPT I guess there are a lot more games than I initially thought and I've heard from those who played the demo that it would make a perfect drinking game on a rare adult night. I'm only mildly warm on this. I guess the HD rumble is interesting.

4. Snipperclips - Nintendo and SFB Games: One of the highlights of the demo event. Really great puzzle elements. I'd probably play this with my wife. Link goes to video of Gameinformer staff talking about what a positive/fun experience it is.

There are others but those are the few brand new IPs on my radar thus far. For a full list of confirmed, planned, uncertain, and rumored Switch games, head here.

If you mean new IPs that exist that haven't been anounced for the Switch yet, I named one in my list already. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Spiritual successor to Castlevania: SotN. Also wouldn't mind seeing Overwatch and BloodBorne on the Switch, either.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-11-2017 at 06:11 PM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #16
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
If you mean, what new IPs that are coming to the Switch already that I'm interested in playing
Yes indeed, that's what I'm curious about! Of the four you linked, the most interesting to me would be the Octopath title...has a vaguely early Final Fantasy feel to it which I like. Honestly, the other three strike me as potentially quite mediocre, but we'll see when they land.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #17
Anenome
Autarchist

I was told by a Gamestop employee some interesting information.

The Switch's launch pushed back the launch of the next Classic Console.

His distributor told him that the NES Classic is just the first in a line of products, next will be the SNES Classic and the N64 Classic, and he said, announcements and releases this year expected.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #18
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Well, I think the games are starting to round out nicely, considering it hasn't launched yet and some devs are waiting to see how the console sells, but half my wishlist is already coming in the way of Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2, etc. And games like Square Enix's Project Octopath Traveler look very intriguing. I'd also like to see in no order:

Metroid Prime
Animal Crossing (not some ridiculous spin off)
Golden Sun
Sin and Punishment
Bayonetta
Punchout
Torment tides of numenera
Bloodstained (Blackzc - check this game out if you havent yet. basically 2d castlevania)
Half-Life 3 (hey, you said dream big)
Tales of Berseria
That's the thing. There are so many great IPs on handheld and you forget that its now possible to bring them to console. I completely forgot about Golden Sun and Fire emblem, those would be great. Wario ware would be perfect for the Switch, there are so many alternate control methods.

Bloodstained looks great to, hadn't heard of that one. Looks to play like a GBA castlevania.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #19
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
That's the thing. There are so many great IPs on handheld and you forget that its now possible to bring them to console. I completely forgot about Golden Sun and Fire emblem, those would be great. Wario ware would be perfect for the Switch, there are so many alternate control methods.

Bloodstained looks great to, hadn't heard of that one. Looks to play like a GBA castlevania.
Yah, exactly, and that's what Nintendo has to find a way to do. They need traditionally hand-held only IP on this thing, like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc, but also need games that feel like a handheld title. Project Octopath Traveler looks like it could be great. It's has a Bravely Default/FF6 type look to it, and there's still a place for those kinds of RPGs. They don't have to focus on cutting edge graphics, so they can put all the focus on the art and deep content. and Bloodstained would be a perfect "on-the-go" game. It's not massively involved like a AAA, but it should be a deep metroidvania that has 12+ hours of gameplay to it. That's the perfect thing to take on the go. You can turn it off any time, then just pick up where you left off at the next opportunity.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Nintendo handles traditionally hand-held only IP, and how they work it into the Switch. If at all. If they don't, it'll be a mistake. A ton of people don't play traditional handhelds, myself included, and would love to finally have a chance to play some of those franchises.

I have actually never once played a mainline Pokemon game. I played things like Snap back in the day, but I've never once played a single mainline Pokemon game. I just was never into handhelds. I never owned one. Except a Gamegear forever ago.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Yes indeed, that's what I'm curious about! Of the four you linked, the most interesting to me would be the Octopath title...has a vaguely early Final Fantasy feel to it which I like. Honestly, the other three strike me as potentially quite mediocre, but we'll see when they land.
Octopath Traveler is also at the top of the list for me. I'm still on the fence about ARMS. It could be trash. Or mediocrity. Or it could end out being a good multiplayer title. Yah, we'll see when they land.

I'd really like to see Nintendo do something much more serious in tone or a "real" tone. We have plenty of family friendly stuff. I want to see Nintendo's take on a survival horror game. Something like Eternal Darkness even. A mystery/thriller/survival. It doesn't have to be as dark as RE. Or a simulator, like a legitimate racing sim to be Nintendo's answer to the GT/Forza games. Or a Rogue Squadron type game (without the license obviously). We know that when they actually put in the effort, they're capable of making very fun, polished games, but I feel like they continuously get stuck in a comfort zone. Why not do something new, shock everyone, and release something that specifically panders to the "hardcore" crowd. Which is part of the crowd they need to find a way to win over again. Right now "hardcore" console gamers are all but completely sour on Nintendo. 3rd party support would help, but they could really be helping out by making a new IP or 2 to attract core gamers.

I think when talking about new IPs on Nintendo, that's really my wishlist. That their next few new IPs are a bit more daring than ARMS. Splatoon was good. ARMS, sure, it'll probably be pretty fun. But just looking at the trailer....it's not the kind of game that hypes core gamers. They aren't looking at the trailer and thinking "#%#% I need to get that". They're thinking "Maybe it'll be okay. Maybe. At best. But I have a mountain of other games to think about". It's a brand new Nintendo IP and it has exactly 0 people excited. They need to get out of their comfort zone. I'm sure Miyamoto has a dark place in his brain. It's not all gardening, Pikmin, and Mario in his head. He should leverage that in some creative way to make something not traditionally Nintendo that has hardcore appeal.

Tags
metal jesus, nintendo, switch