5 Replies, 613 Views
PUBG Performs Badly on...
Last post by wunshot
Today 12:13 PM
23 Replies, 1,862 Views

Old 02-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Julio
Soul Reaper

Was expecting the pic to be of the switch to be honest.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
They don't even have any for sale, so it is kinda hard to feel like it's worth promoting.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

Getting Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) through GameFly and have a pre-order through Amazon.com for the Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind.

Good time to be a gamer.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
They don't even have any for sale, so it is kinda hard to feel like it's worth promoting.
I've been wondering why Nintendo has even been bothering spending advertising dollars at this point. Shouldn't they wait until they actually have some to sell?

I would have pre-ordered if it hadn't sold out instantly on Amazon. (It's an easier purchase for me to justify if I can pay it off with 0% interest over 6 months).

But... glad I can play Horizon Zero Dawn tomorrow. Wishing I had a 4K TV though. Someday... (holding out for a 4K HDR OLED, which requires a little extra saving)
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kl3r View Post
I've been wondering why Nintendo has even been bothering spending advertising dollars at this point. Shouldn't they wait until they actually have some to sell?
It's probably because they're targeting 2 million shipped units by the end of March; they're not all available for Friday, but they'll have stock on shelves over the coming days. It does not, however, help them this week in most cases. While I'm sure there will be plenty of people nation-wide able to walk into a store on Friday and pick one up, most of the initial stock is claimed through pre-orders. They're keeping the name out there for the rest of the units being shipped throughout March.

Also, I'm buying the shit out of When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. I can't wait for The Valley of Gwangi in a couple of weeks, too; gotta love Cowboys vs Dinosaurs.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 02-27-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
t3kl3r
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
While I'm sure there will be plenty of people nation-wide able to walk into a store on Friday and pick one up
I wonder... I would really like one, but I'm too old and busy to go waiting in line in case I might be able to get one.

I wish I could pre-order with the understanding that they don't know when they'll actually have one for me. I don't mind waiting, but having to keep checking for availability is annoying.
t3kl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #8
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kl3r View Post
But... glad I can play Horizon Zero Dawn tomorrow. Wishing I had a 4K TV though. Someday... (holding out for a 4K HDR OLED, which requires a little extra saving)
You will need the PS4 Pro as well. You can do HDR with the standard PS4, but to get the most out of Horizon, you will need a PS4 Pro. Regrettably, I refuse to purchase PS4 number 3 (bought launch, gave it to brother so I could get the 20th Anniversary Edition) as that would basically equate to me spending the same amount of the same generation of console as a high-end PC.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #9
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Horizon is downloading as I type this. Excited and can't wait. Glad this game turned out alright.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #10
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
I'm on email lists at several retailers waiting for Switch to be in stock. As soon as I see them in stock I'll post a news article on it.

I have been posting the (Currently Unavailable) links to Switch in the weekly deals article, so people would see the email alert link. Plus, I'm disappointed in Nintendo's stock issues. Grr...

A few EvAvers ordered it the first time I posted it (thanks!), and it was out of stock before I could get paid a few days later.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #11
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Torment is definitely my new jam. I love the weird SciFi setting; and it is hitting all the right notes that Planescape: Torment did back when I got that for Christmas in 1999. If you do not like to read in your RPGs, avoid this like the plague. But if you do; prepare for a wild story and a ridiculous amount of choice.

I will pickup Horizon this weekend when I see Logan. I like Zelda, but not enough for a Switch. I'll wait and see if Nintendo can do more.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Added a couple of old movies to the list related to the new stuff coming out.

Tags
weekly release list