Xbox Game Pass Expands...
Last post by shadow763
Today 10:15 AM
2 Replies, 254 Views

Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Turtle Beach Announces Modern Warfare 3 Branded Headsets

Turtle Beach announced today that it has partnered with Activision on a new line of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 co-branded gaming headsets for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Quote:
Turtle Beach, pioneers and market-leaders of the gaming headset category, today announced a partnership with Activision to develop a new line of exclusively licensed, limited edition Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Ear Force headsets, custom-optimized to deliver enhanced experiences for the year’s most anticipated entertainment launch. Among many planned features, these new premium headsets will be distinguished by unique sets of audio presets designed specifically by the audio teams at developers Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games in order to provide the ultimate immersion into the cinematic world of Modern Warfare® 3.

Ear Force DELTA (EFD) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3-Optimized Programmable Wireless Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth Chat. The top-of-the-line EFD headset comes packaged in a specially-themed carrying case and is pre-loaded with unique custom Modern Warfare 3 presets and voice prompts. Ear Force Delta is the ultimate Xbox 360 and PS3 weapon for the most avid Modern Warfare 3 players. MSRP: $299.95.

Ear Force BRAVO (EFB) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Programmable Wireless Universal Gaming Headset. Featuring the same custom Modern Warfare 3 presets as the EFD, the EFB provides players with the same optimized experience in a universal headset that’s the perfect Call of Duty® companion on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. MSRP $179.95.

Ear Force CHARLIE (EFC) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Multi-Speaker Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset. With eight amplified, acoustically-angled speakers delivering discrete surround sound, this tournament-grade, Modern Warfare 3 optimized wired headset is the perfect choice for competitive PC gamers. MSRP $129.95.

Ear Force FOXTROT (EFF) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Universal Gaming Headset. For Modern Warfare 3 players seeking effortless cross-platform performance, the EFF provides gamers with high-fidelity amplified audio along with several key features to set it apart. MSRP $99.95.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
man, even if its a worse game than BF3, they'll make plenty of money with all the MW3 name stickers they're peddling on everything. only thing missing is the MW3 coco puffs taliban shaped marshmallow cereal.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

I'm a technician. Thus I know some surface things about sound - mostly how it hooks up & a few other things.

Could someone who works more with audio explain to me if there is a quality loss from going wireless on these? I would think that you would lose a lot of quality as soon as the medium is transferred.

I've had my eye on a surround sound headset for some time - and I know from experience (of setting up MIDI for them musical types) that Turtle makes excellent products. Anyone have experience with this kinda stuff?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
phantomhitman
Evil Dead

Old turtle beach headsets were garbage but the new ones seem very nice. I have 3 rl freinds that use these daily and they swear by them. I havent heard them cut out at all while gaming so they seem to be legit.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Ear Force...

That is pitifully hilarious. Go spend $300 on a headset in the hopes of sucking less.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Ear Force...

That is pitifully hilarious. Go spend $300 on a headset in the hopes of throwing more racial slurs clearer.
Fixed that for you
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
HB_IKE
Evil Dead

A head set that comes $200 more expensive just because it has a MW3 sticker?
HB_IKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Sadly, Razer still makes the best headset for the money so I'm still shackled to at least 1 razer product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Anenome
Autarchist

I just picked up some Sennheiser 161's, and they're the best I've ever worn. Recommended.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

I have the non branded model of the headphones that are shown in the picture, and they are fine, when they are not blasting your ears with full volume static.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo_Boy View Post
I have the non branded model of the headphones that are shown in the picture, and they are fine, when they are not blasting your ears with full volume static.
Yeah... I remember looking into this model. Apparently they have some problem where they just blast you randomly?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Anenome
Autarchist

The Sennheiser 161

Most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I thought your ears aching after wearing a headset was the norm. These do not do that at all.

I've read tons of reviews on all the major brands and products, and my main concern was physical hardiness, value, and sound.

Hardiness-wise, I read a review from a military vet who said this pair survived two years of being stuffed in travel-cases and shipped all around the world, along with regular deployments. Finally, the microphone went out because, iirc, his dog chewed it up :P He purchased another pair.

I've found a lot of headsets to be wimpy and break easy, so I was impressed to read this.

As for value, I paid some $89 off Newegg. Could've paid a few less elsewhere, but I trust Newegg to do right by me over a random etailer on Amazon (amazon doesn't directly fulfill this sale).

As for sound, they're the best headphones sound-wise I've ever had or used.

Sennheiser is the top dog in studio sound-headsets and has moved down into cheaper gamer models with mics.

I think that's a ton more impressive and promising than seeing game peripheral companies try to hack their way into the headset department.

If you want a $3,000 studio headset that you'll find being used in a Guns 'n' Roses professional recording session, chances are it's a Sennheiser.

But you'll never find a Turtlebeach headset nor many of the other brands.

They know what they doing :P

Can't say enough about this pair.

Why not cordless? Unlike with mice, I just don't think cordless headsets are perfected yet. The field is still young, and quality rather low all around.

YMMV
Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Sadly, Razer still makes the best headset for the money so I'm still shackled to at least 1 razer product.
I enjoy their products.

I use a Razer Naga mouse, Vespula mousepad and Megalodon headset.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call of duty, modern warfare 3, turtle beach