Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 11:34 PM
3,362 Replies, 565,068 Views

Old 02-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Anthem Launch Trailer

Unleash your power as you suit up in one of four javelins and take on a world full of danger. Team up with friends to overcome the toughest challenges you can find.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I will probably get this, I'm a sucker for anything new.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Looking forward to this more than Division 2, but we'll see if they managed to fix a lot of the issues that have been reported.

Either way, I've already bought it, and it will be a prompt refund if not.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Looking forward to this more than Division 2, but we'll see if they managed to fix a lot of the issues that have been reported.

Either way, I've already bought it, and it will be a prompt refund if not.
It's kinda scary when the developer says the title has gone gold and the beta test has tons of issues.

I'll add that The Division 2 beta was great, but it's really just shooting the same bullet sponge enemies over and over. I decided to go for Anthem at launch and The Division 2 later at a discount. I'll skip The Division 2 at launch and get Days Gone or Rage 2 instead. They all come out about the same time.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

I do agree with Evil Avatar. I love the game play in division, but since they choose a realistic setting they are limited. With Anthem they can basically make any monster and weapons they want because it is SciFi.

Having said that. I am getting both games at launch.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #6
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Yah a lot of it is setting for me as well. They're pretty limited in what they can do in terms of gameplay and customization.

Choosing which backpack and what set of kneepads I want just doesn't really have a striking feel to it you know? ^_^
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Bioware. EA. Microtransactions. Three strikes and you're out.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #8
Exodus
Evil Dead

played division beta. it's just more division.
at least anthem has storm which I'm sure 80% of the player base will be, 8% will be the halo dudez who go ranger and the rest will be 10% will be rogues/interceptors and the last 2% colossus cuz nobody wants to be a fucking tank.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Bioware. EA. Microtransactions. Three strikes and you're out.
Kinda. I noticed that the $80 Legend of Dawn edition only seems to get you the four extra skins. So, you are paying $20 extra for four skins and nothing else. That's really tacky.

I guess we just need to start getting used to the idea of paying $80 for games if you want it on the launch week.

I guess that is why I'm just now enjoying my $15 editions of Shadow of War, Diablo 3 and Persona 5.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:47 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looking at my post above and I decided to cancel my pre-order. $80 is just too much for a game I know I will be able to purchase for $30 or less six months from now. While it is a bit of a wait, worst case scenario is that I pick it up for $25 on Black Friday like I did those other titles I just listed.

I am going to stick my head in the sand and play what I have for a few months until these new titles hit the bargain bin. Heck, even the usual 60-day price drop to $40 would be better than the $80 that EA is trying to gouge people for right now.

I have my eye on a $300 new LEGO set that I hope to pay for by selling comics and I think that (and a new tablet for my daughter) comes before a game that I know will drop in price prettty fast because EA always discounts this stuff unless it sells 8 million copies.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #11
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Well by then it will be cheaper and have content!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
Well by then it will be cheaper and have content!
Yes, if you wait at least 60 or 90 days the first content will drop and the price will drop and I could get the game and the DLC combined for less than that $80.

That is a total ripoff for just the game alone and 4 skins. It doesn’t even include the season pass.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 AM   #13
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

i agree $80 is way too much for a game. there are SO many great games out over the last few years, it comes down to personal preference and free time. Im of the opinion a game needs to be pretty special to buy it - considering i feel no shame pirating stuff. At this point i would rather have an external HD full of games than a whole shelf.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #14
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looking at my post above and I decided to cancel my pre-order. $80 is just too much for a game I know I will be able to purchase for $30 or less six months from now. While it is a bit of a wait, worst case scenario is that I pick it up for $25 on Black Friday like I did those other titles I just listed.

I am going to stick my head in the sand and play what I have for a few months until these new titles hit the bargain bin. Heck, even the usual 60-day price drop to $40 would be better than the $80 that EA is trying to gouge people for right now.
I am just going to subscribe to EA Premium for a month for $14.99 till Anthem goes into the bargain bin, or I get really addicted to it and decide to buy it after all. One month should be enough to tell me. Then I will wait for the Division 2 for a long, long time and buy it from a non-UPlay Digital Store front when it is super cheap.

$99 for The Division 2 gold edition with the Year 1 pass is way too much money based on the anemic amount of content they released for the first game with the season pass. They want to charge nearly the price of a full new game but they released about jack and shit for The Division 1. A couple PvP content releases and the Underground do not a whole new game make...

Nearly 48 hours after my bank account has been debited and Far Cry 5 has yet to show up in my Games folder. UPlay can go fuck itself.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #15
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I am just going to subscribe to EA Premium for a month for $14.99...
Thank you for reminding me of this service. I have my doubts about this game, so EA Premier is the best/cheapest route for me right now.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #16
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Or wait 6 months after launch for the servers to work right.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #17
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I decided to go for Anthem at launch and The Division 2 later at a discount.
This was my decision after playing both the demo and beta. The Division 2 was really just too close to the first game - not a wholly bad thing, except it carried forward a few things that was simply not good e.g. the aforementioned sponginess of the enemies, as well as the increadible amount of grenade/skill spam by the enemies. At least with Anthem we get a new setting and hey...I can fly around like Ironman!
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 AM   #18
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

This covers how I feel about Anthem pretty well after playing both weekends and spending some time to consider. I will probably get it. But not immediately. The Division 2 is my choice.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #19
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

I'm pretty sure SJWs and leftists are responsible for the bad part here. They're ruining everything. Trump will drain the swamp.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I do agree with Evil Avatar. I love the game play in division, but since they choose a realistic setting they are limited. With Anthem they can basically make any monster and weapons they want because it is SciFi.

Having said that. I am getting both games at launch.
I feel the opposite, I prefer the realistic setting. Was really on the fence with anthem. My experience with the demo pushed me right the hell off the fence fairly quickly at that. Likely picking up Division 2 at launch. Anthem likely never. First Bioware title I ever outright skip, hated the demo that much.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem