Last post by LostToys
07-15-2019 07:15 PM
45 Replies, 1,996 Views

Old 07-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Cuphead is Coming to Netflix as an Animated Series

Quote:
King Features and Netflix Announce All-New Animated Series The Cuphead Show! Based on Global Video Game Phenomenon

Today Netflix and King Features Syndicate, a part of Hearst Entertainment and Syndication jointly announced an all-new animated series The Cuphead Show!, based on Studio MDHR’s award-winning video game Cuphead, the wildly popular global phenomenon.

The game that has won the hearts and minds of fans with its gorgeous retro hand-animated style, crazy boss-brawls, and challenging gameplay will come to life on television for the first time ever in The Cuphead Show!. The new series will expand on the characters and world of Cuphead, with an animation style inspired by the classic Fleischer cartoons from the 1930s. For King Features, CJ Kettler will serve as the Executive Producer and creators Chad and Jared Moldenhauer will serve as Executive Producers for Studio MDHR. The series will be produced by Netflix Animation and is executive produced by Emmy and Annie Award-winning producer, Dave Wasson (Mickey Mouse Shorts) and Cosmo Segurson (Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling) serves as co-executive producer.

The character-driven comedy follows the unique misadventures of the impulsive Cuphead and his cautious but easily swayed brother Mugman. Through their many misadventures across their surreal home of the Inkwell Isles, they’ve always got one another’s backs.

To date, Cuphead has sold over 4 million units worldwide, and has won over 20 major awards, including Special Achievement in Animation at the 45th Annual Annie Awards, Xbox One’s Game of the Year, a BAFTA Games award for Music, and a trio of statues at the 2017 Game Awards for Best Debut, Best Independent Game, and Best Art Direction. The game continues to be celebrated by fans for its arcade-action gameplay, highly original art design, and an award-winning soundtrack featuring almost three hours of original jazz, early big band, and ragtime music.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Wonderful! Since I can't play their fucking sadistic game, I might as well just WATCH it.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Wonderful! Since I can't play their fucking sadistic game, I might as well just WATCH it.
I with you. Also...

We know the real reason for the delayed DLC.

Tags
cuphead