Pokemon Detective...
Last post by HB_IKE
Today 06:54 PM
4 Replies, 494 Views

Old 05-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Walmart Canada Spoils E3

Early listings from Walmart in Canada has revealed several upcoming titles that should be announced during E3 including The Division 2, Rage 2, Borderlands 3, Just Cause 4, LEGO DC Villains, Splinter Cell, Gears of War 5, Forza 5 and a new Assassin's Creed.

I think that this is interesting, but it really sounds like bad news for the Xbox One X since you know Gears of War 5 and Forza 5 are still another full year away, while Sony has several high profile exclusives coming out this year and even more slated for next year.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 05-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Allegedly Rage 2 is being developed by Rebellion. So flush that stinker down the toilet.

I enjoyed Rage, but can't say it left me wanting more. If it had a better ending, coop through the whole game like Borderlands, and tech that worked properly it would have been pretty great. A completely botched launch and delaying the much hyped editing tools for over a year killed it as a franchise. A sequel now is completely unnecessary.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
Exodus
Evil Dead

FF7 Remake out this year. lolol
Old 05-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Allegedly Rage 2 is being developed by Rebellion. So flush that stinker down the toilet.

I enjoyed Rage, but can't say it left me wanting more. If it had a better ending, coop through the whole game like Borderlands, and tech that worked properly it would have been pretty great. A completely botched launch and delaying the much hyped editing tools for over a year killed it as a franchise. A sequel now is completely unnecessary.
After DOOM, it seems silly to go back to a franchise like Rage that really had no "identity" of it's own. It was just a poor version of DOOM using a crappy game engine.

They should be busy trying to develop a new Quake title. That is a brand people know and love.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
After DOOM, it seems silly to go back to a franchise like Rage that really had no "identity" of it's own. It was just a poor version of DOOM using a crappy game engine.

They should be busy trying to develop a new Quake title. That is a brand people know and love.
I am still playing DOOM. What a game!! We need more DOOM and Quake. Please make more single player games with the quality of DOOM. Multiplayer is good but it does not need to be in EVERY game.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I am still playing DOOM. What a game!! We need more DOOM and Quake. Please make more single player games with the quality of DOOM. Multiplayer is good but it does not need to be in EVERY game.
I enjoyed DOOM, the visuals were amazing, but I found the gameplay a little frustrating. It was mostly just locking you in a small area and spawning a hundred enemies. It didn't have that whole thing with exploring that you got from the original DOOM.

Still, amazing visuals and I played the whole thing even with a few frustrating areas, so that says something about how high quality it was. It kept me coming back every day till I finished it.

I only played a little of the multiplayer. The maps seemed too small.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #8
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call id Tech 5 a crappy engine. Wolfenstein New Order (and Old Blood), Dishonored 2, and Evil Within 1&2 all used id Tech 5. Sure it wasn't stellar when Rage launched but it turned out to be a pretty great engine.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
You're nuts. It ran on the idtech DOOM engine (granted the previous version) at locked 60FPS and look amazing on the 360.

I would have been happy at the announcement if iD had been developing it vs Rebellion.

Also are you ever going to outgrow being a Sony fanboy? It's entirely possible to enjoy being a console gamer and appreciate each company for their strengths. Sony wins by far on exclusives, Microsoft wins by far on hardware now with the X.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #10
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Forza Horizon 5, not Forza 5 which is years old. Doubt its the official title, and the whole thing smells fake because it says "Horizons 5".
Old 05-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #11
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Given the lukewarm / ambivalent response to Gears of War 4, why is the release status of Gears of War 5 anyone's concern? Did something happen to make XBox owners thirsty for another installment?
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #12
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

Rage is interesting but has been fully usurped in quality by Mad Max by Avalanche Games.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

I love me some borderlands. Hope they don't screw it up.

Rage was alright. The car stuff felt like choir. The shooty bits were fine. I might be interested.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Forza Horizon 5, not Forza 5 which is years old. Doubt its the official title, and the whole thing smells fake because it says "Horizons 5".
It's not a fake, but it is speculative. The screenshot did come from Walmart's website and they're the ones who created the placeholders based on what they're claiming is their own speculation.

Their official statement is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart
"Walmart experienced a technical glitch that allowed certain items to be posted to our website for a short period of time. The items posted were speculative in nature and only game publishers can confirm the announcement of a release. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Like the gaming community, Walmart looks forward with anticipation to those announcements."
They may just be covering their ass, but what we're seeing did come from them.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's not a fake, but it is speculative. The screenshot did come from Walmart's website and they're the ones who created the placeholders based on what they're claiming is their own speculation.

Their official statement is:

They may just be covering their ass, but what we're seeing did come from them.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #16
_-Psycho-_
Reaper

Forza horizon 4 hasn't even been made yet.. wonder if that's what they mean when saying Forza Horizon 5 :P
_-Psycho-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #17
BillyWilliamton
Lord

How did Dragon Quest 11 get entered as Dragon Quest 2 LMAO
BillyWilliamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #18
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Well, let's be fair. Regarding the headline, Wal Mart didn't spoil E3. Anyone reposting this graphic "spoiled" E3. As much as someone can "spoil" a trade conference anyhow.

In other news, seeing all the sequels lined up like this is just depressing.

Regarding RAGE, I actually thought the engine powering Rage was INCREDIBLE at the time. The character art that was a mix of mobcap and key framing is literally some fo the best I've overseen to this day. (Straight motion capture graphics look awful to me. I greatly prefer a mix like was done in Rage and The Force Unleashed.)
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Helluva lineup for MS! Too bad they're running out of in-house developers to destroy.

Ensemble...NEVER FORGET!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #20
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

$79??? Why are people paying this much for games?
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e3 2018