Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 08:08 AM
2 Replies, 488 Views

Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
magicka
Lord

Luke Cage TKO'd

Quote:
When Marvel and Netflix announced Iron Fist wouldn't return for a third season, there were reports Luke Cage was close to being renewed. That is not the case, however, as they announced tonight that the show will end after two seasons.
Source: Engadget

Jessica's next? Will any be left standing?
magicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

They just launched Daredevil Season 3, which I haven't watched. And you know that another season of Punisher would be a success.

They should really trade on the success of stuff like Sons of Anarchy and Mayans MC and do a Ghost Rider series. The real Ghost Rider, not the "Ghost Driver" from Agents of SHIELD.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Good. Luke cage is also a bad show. Luke Cage in season 1 of Jessica Jones was done better than his own series.

After the disaster JJ season 2 was they should cancel all of these shows. That might be Disney s plan. If they end their partnership with Netflix then can make their own shows for their upcoming rival streaming service. Or use some of these characters in the MCU.

I really enjoyed season 1&2 of Daredevil. Too bad none of the other shows were as good. Started DD season 3. Only 3 episodes in. So far it's kinda boring. The little bit of Kingpin is really the only parts I have found interesting so far.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Both Disney and Netflix appear to be unwinding their relationship quite steadily now. They already know a divorce is occurring, so rather than fight over how to share custody they appear to be killing the offspring.

This is really going to hurt Netflix, IMO. They're losing a lot and getting a pretty hefty competitor in Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Luke Cage nailed the atmosphere of Harlem and all around really good acting. But the stories and were slow as shit and didn't seem worthy of a full season. The villains were pretty boring especially since the "worst" is an old lady. They barely touched on some of the interesting things like his origin.

Jessica Jones has a barely perceptible environment and stories which are meh along with mediocre acting. Her villains are at least mostly interesting but don't seem to be appropriate.

Ironfist was a trainwreck of acting and enviornments. Hardly anything stood out for the better except for a few notable performances.

Daredevil has been pretty consistently good but it has some really, really, slow parts. I'm waiting to see how they fuck it up.

The Punisher is the only one that has been good from start to finish, IMO. Good action and acting, good and appropriate villains, and great pacing.

I agree Disney is trying to cut ties with as many services as they can to start bundling things into their streaming service, the fact that Daredevil still moves the needle for Netflix subscriptions, and the others probably don't, probably means Jessica Jones won't be far behind in being cancelled though we'll probably see one more season of Punisher.

Then I suspect either Netflix will have to pay out the ass to keep Daredevil or all the properties will revert back to Disney in a few seasons.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I really liked Luke Cage for about the first four shows... then it became like a sitcom-quality series.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I'm certain they will come back as Heroes for Hire under Disney's streaming service. Everything is going to Disney after next year.

I found the quality of Netflix shows has stagnated. Almost every second season or original movie was underwhelming with the exception of Daredevil. Amazon Prime's The Man in the High Castle is blowing them all away. Also what's the deal with Netflix and their fetish for main characters wearing hoodies?
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
Good. Luke cage is also a bad show. Luke Cage in season 1 of Jessica Jones was done better than his own series.
I agree. They should have left well enough alone and stuck with the formula.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Amazon Prime's The Man in the High Castle is blowing them all away. Also what's the deal with Netflix and their fetish for main characters wearing hoodies?
I watched Goliath on Prime and it was pretty damn good. I also watched Jean Claude van Johnson, which was a "so bad it is good" show.

I heard so many good things about The Man in High Castle I watched one episode and it put me so far to sleep I think medical professionals might have called it a coma.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #10
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

I really dug Bosch on Amazon Prime. Underrated show. Mrs Mazile or whatever was ok. Have to try goliath one of these days.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

I heard so many good things about The Man in High Castle I watched one episode and it put me so far to sleep I think medical professionals might have called it a coma.
It suffers from the same problem as too many shows. You're required to watch at least a few episodes in a row to get a more complete picture. Except for things like Black Mirror nobody really does self contained episodes where one sitting gives you an idea of the whole season. I highly recommend giving it a chance because the actors are so great for such an interesting and bleak setting. Season 3 embraces a previously hinted at concept we've seen in a lot of recent shows but takes it in a slightly different direction. Naming them would spoil it completely.

Last edited by Mad Max RW; 10-21-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
I really dug Bosch on Amazon Prime. Underrated show. Mrs Mazile or whatever was ok. Have to try goliath one of these days.
The Jack Ryan show was pretty good too, though I don't think Tom Clancy wouldn't have necessarily gone with as sympathetic a villain.

Not that he was completely sympathetic but Tom Clancy was very nationalistic and he was pretty black and white in his geopolitics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW
It suffers from the same problem as too many shows. You're required to watch at least a few episodes in a row to get a more complete picture.
I saw a few glimpses and may give it another shot soon but that first episode was a real snoozer.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #13
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
The Jack Ryan show was pretty good too, though I don't think Tom Clancy wouldn't have necessarily gone with as sympathetic a villain.

Not that he was completely sympathetic but Tom Clancy was very nationalistic and he was pretty black and white in his geopolitics.
Yup. I totally agree with you.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #14
Azrael
Evil Dead

Struggled to watch this, tried and failed on multiple occasions. Oh well not all Marvel shows can be hits!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Luke Cage nailed the atmosphere of Harlem and all around really good acting. But the stories and were slow as shit and didn't seem worthy of a full season. The villains were pretty boring especially since the "worst" is an old lady. They barely touched on some of the interesting things like his origin.

Jessica Jones has a barely perceptible environment and stories which are meh along with mediocre acting. Her villains are at least mostly interesting but don't seem to be appropriate.

Ironfist was a trainwreck of acting and enviornments. Hardly anything stood out for the better except for a few notable performances.

Daredevil has been pretty consistently good but it has some really, really, slow parts. I'm waiting to see how they fuck it up.

The Punisher is the only one that has been good from start to finish, IMO. Good action and acting, good and appropriate villains, and great pacing.

I agree Disney is trying to cut ties with as many services as they can to start bundling things into their streaming service, the fact that Daredevil still moves the needle for Netflix subscriptions, and the others probably don't, probably means Jessica Jones won't be far behind in being cancelled though we'll probably see one more season of Punisher.

Then I suspect either Netflix will have to pay out the ass to keep Daredevil or all the properties will revert back to Disney in a few seasons.
I agree with pretty much all of this. Iron Fist was a travesty. I was hoping for stellar fight scenes that surpassed Daredevil. Not even close!! It was cringe worthy. The Punisher was awesome though and Daredevil is always good. I like Jessica Jones personally. To me the actors in each of these series help elevate them. Fin Jones and Mike Colter are just to weak to sustain their shows.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #16
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:

Which is why a lot of his actual books aren't that good (not saying all of them are crap or anything like that, just that they didn't have the depth, no pun intended, as say Red October had).
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I'm beginning to think that they are shuttering these shows not because they aren't doing well, but because Marvel wants to start bringing more of these characters in-house.

You know they are going to want to do movies with these characters at some point. At least Iron Fist, Punisher and Daredevil. I doubt Marvel has any interest in a Jessica Jones movie, that character was a dead-end in the comics as well.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #18
Grumsh
Evil Dead

I am really disappointed in this!

I thought of the 4 (DD, Cage, Jones, and Fist) this was the 2nd best (just barely bypassing Jones which I felt was boosted by season 1's villain more than anything).

I felt they nailed the feeling without pandering to an ethnicity or insulting my intelligence. I liked the slower pace and felt it took the time to tell a story without relying on gimmicks. Plus I felt the actor who played Shades did a phenomenal job with the role.

Hate to see this one go but let's face it the only reason we are even getting Daredevil season 3 is contracts, it will not get a 4th season due to Disney/Marvel.

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote