Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Rockstar Begins Selling...
Last post by MavenACTG
Today 09:53 AM
36 Replies, 1,182 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 09:36 AM
8 Replies, 135 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by TheHulk
Today 09:03 AM
14 Replies, 499 Views
It's Sunday: What NFL...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 08:27 AM
1 Replies, 86 Views
NieR:Automata Game of...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 07:55 AM
13 Replies, 821 Views
Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 05:08 AM
2 Replies, 231 Views
Blizzard Begins...
Last post by Azrael
Today 04:45 AM
15 Replies, 1,115 Views
Metro Exodus goes gold,...
Last post by Azrael
Today 04:44 AM
8 Replies, 689 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 31,192
Blog Entries: 58
Arma 3 - 33 Things About Arma 3 Trailer


Quote:
With a very exciting year ahead for its tactical military shooter, Bohemia Interactive today deployed a brand new trailer, highlighting some of the most impressive content and features in Arma 3.

Exploring the gameís core components, such as the 270 km≤ terrain, its selection of weapons and vehicles, and the in-game scenario editor, the video also takes a closer look at the more hidden details, such as the simulation of projectile ballistics, Arma 3ís many character stances, the accurate star map over Altis, and many more.
Click on the headline to watch the trailer.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 31,192
Blog Entries: 58
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: all over
Posts: 8,859
Blog Entries: 81
How is this? I've hear it's horribly optimized. Definitely seems right up my alley. Never got around to playing the demo Emab sent me.
__________________
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,690
I find it fun for the most part. It does have numerous bugs and isn't the "smoothest" game, as in awkwardly moving over obstacles or falling through them at times.

Oddly enough, I don't think you can use bipods in the game yet (despite them being on the weapons in many cases), and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: all over
Posts: 8,859
Blog Entries: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I find it fun for the most part. It does have numerous bugs and isn't the "smoothest" game, as in awkwardly moving over obstacles or falling through them at times.

Oddly enough, I don't think you can use bipods in the game yet (despite them being on the weapons in many cases), and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
That's about what I figured. What are you running for a video card(s)? I've got a GTX 660 atm, gonna upgrade to a 960 (or duals) this summer.
__________________
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
This I find more annoying than anything else, it's way overdone.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
Franjo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,017
I've spent quite a bit of time with this game. Here are my quick thoughts:

The developer did tweet #bipods a couple days ago. Those are most likely coming in on the marksmen DLC package

- This is a happy game if you have an overclocked CPU
- Doesn't utilize a lot of GPU power, you will find your video card working at about 30%
- A lot of great addons that you can't really use unless you join a squad and they use it on servers. Smoke mods, weapon mods etc etc
- The editor is an absolute blast, watch a few tutorials online and you'll be amazed at the stuff you can do.
- Helicopter DLC is amazing. I have a stick, pedals and TrackIR5 and it is a blast. Sling loading vehicles or anything is a lot of fun. Getting good at it without autohover on is a fun challenge
- The graphics are just amazing. Nighttime firefights with tracers. I was in a battle with a couple of friends on a King of a Hill game. We were getting fired on. My friend was a sniper and asked for his position. I load up tracer rounds and fire in the direction he should be watching. He sniped him a few moments later. It was an amazing moment. Ya I could of used my compass, but the tracers were cooler.
- Epoch mod. This alone makes it worth your time to buy Arma3
- Zero regret buying it.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #8
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
That's about what I figured. What are you running for a video card(s)? I've got a GTX 660 atm, gonna upgrade to a 960 (or duals) this summer.
Radeon 295x coupled with a i7-4790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli
This I find more annoying than anything else, it's way overdone.
Yeah, I feel like I get winded after running 3 feet to make the sway even more extreme.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: all over
Posts: 8,859
Blog Entries: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franjo View Post
I've spent quite a bit of time with this game. Here are my quick thoughts:

The developer did tweet #bipods a couple days ago. Those are most likely coming in on the marksmen DLC package

- This is a happy game if you have an overclocked CPU
- Doesn't utilize a lot of GPU power, you will find your video card working at about 30%
- A lot of great addons that you can't really use unless you join a squad and they use it on servers. Smoke mods, weapon mods etc etc
- The editor is an absolute blast, watch a few tutorials online and you'll be amazed at the stuff you can do.
- Helicopter DLC is amazing. I have a stick, pedals and TrackIR5 and it is a blast. Sling loading vehicles or anything is a lot of fun. Getting good at it without autohover on is a fun challenge
- The graphics are just amazing. Nighttime firefights with tracers. I was in a battle with a couple of friends on a King of a Hill game. We were getting fired on. My friend was a sniper and asked for his position. I load up tracer rounds and fire in the direction he should be watching. He sniped him a few moments later. It was an amazing moment. Ya I could of used my compass, but the tracers were cooler.
- Epoch mod. This alone makes it worth your time to buy Arma3
- Zero regret buying it.
Cool. I'm building a new rig this summer. Probably nab this then.
__________________
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon
 
sai tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: all over
Posts: 8,859
Blog Entries: 81
And thanks Venom!
__________________
Steam: sai tyrus

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Franjo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,017
Also if youre not into the futuristic weapons, epoch mod does have m4s, m14, ak's, rpk etc etc.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #12
Franjo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
Cool. I'm building a new rig this summer. Probably nab this then.
Make sure to get a K processor for overclocking. It helps frames a lot. Im running a 2500k at 4.6ghz and it runs great. Currently using crossfired amd 6950s.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arma 3, arma iii, bohemia interactive

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.