Last post by Chimpbot
Yesterday 05:19 AM
9 Replies, 754 Views

Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Arma 3 - 33 Things About Arma 3 Trailer

Quote:
With a very exciting year ahead for its tactical military shooter, Bohemia Interactive today deployed a brand new trailer, highlighting some of the most impressive content and features in Arma 3.

Exploring the game’s core components, such as the 270 km˛ terrain, its selection of weapons and vehicles, and the in-game scenario editor, the video also takes a closer look at the more hidden details, such as the simulation of projectile ballistics, Arma 3’s many character stances, the accurate star map over Altis, and many more.
Click on the headline to watch the trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

How is this? I've hear it's horribly optimized. Definitely seems right up my alley. Never got around to playing the demo Emab sent me.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I find it fun for the most part. It does have numerous bugs and isn't the "smoothest" game, as in awkwardly moving over obstacles or falling through them at times.

Oddly enough, I don't think you can use bipods in the game yet (despite them being on the weapons in many cases), and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I find it fun for the most part. It does have numerous bugs and isn't the "smoothest" game, as in awkwardly moving over obstacles or falling through them at times.

Oddly enough, I don't think you can use bipods in the game yet (despite them being on the weapons in many cases), and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
That's about what I figured. What are you running for a video card(s)? I've got a GTX 660 atm, gonna upgrade to a 960 (or duals) this summer.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
Old 01-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
Meusli
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
and the swaying during aiming is a bit ridiculous a lot of the time.
This I find more annoying than anything else, it's way overdone.
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Franjo
Evil Dead

I've spent quite a bit of time with this game. Here are my quick thoughts:

The developer did tweet #bipods a couple days ago. Those are most likely coming in on the marksmen DLC package

- This is a happy game if you have an overclocked CPU
- Doesn't utilize a lot of GPU power, you will find your video card working at about 30%
- A lot of great addons that you can't really use unless you join a squad and they use it on servers. Smoke mods, weapon mods etc etc
- The editor is an absolute blast, watch a few tutorials online and you'll be amazed at the stuff you can do.
- Helicopter DLC is amazing. I have a stick, pedals and TrackIR5 and it is a blast. Sling loading vehicles or anything is a lot of fun. Getting good at it without autohover on is a fun challenge
- The graphics are just amazing. Nighttime firefights with tracers. I was in a battle with a couple of friends on a King of a Hill game. We were getting fired on. My friend was a sniper and asked for his position. I load up tracer rounds and fire in the direction he should be watching. He sniped him a few moments later. It was an amazing moment. Ya I could of used my compass, but the tracers were cooler.
- Epoch mod. This alone makes it worth your time to buy Arma3
- Zero regret buying it.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
That's about what I figured. What are you running for a video card(s)? I've got a GTX 660 atm, gonna upgrade to a 960 (or duals) this summer.
Radeon 295x coupled with a i7-4790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli
This I find more annoying than anything else, it's way overdone.
Yeah, I feel like I get winded after running 3 feet to make the sway even more extreme.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franjo View Post
I've spent quite a bit of time with this game. Here are my quick thoughts:

The developer did tweet #bipods a couple days ago. Those are most likely coming in on the marksmen DLC package

- This is a happy game if you have an overclocked CPU
- Doesn't utilize a lot of GPU power, you will find your video card working at about 30%
- A lot of great addons that you can't really use unless you join a squad and they use it on servers. Smoke mods, weapon mods etc etc
- The editor is an absolute blast, watch a few tutorials online and you'll be amazed at the stuff you can do.
- Helicopter DLC is amazing. I have a stick, pedals and TrackIR5 and it is a blast. Sling loading vehicles or anything is a lot of fun. Getting good at it without autohover on is a fun challenge
- The graphics are just amazing. Nighttime firefights with tracers. I was in a battle with a couple of friends on a King of a Hill game. We were getting fired on. My friend was a sniper and asked for his position. I load up tracer rounds and fire in the direction he should be watching. He sniped him a few moments later. It was an amazing moment. Ya I could of used my compass, but the tracers were cooler.
- Epoch mod. This alone makes it worth your time to buy Arma3
- Zero regret buying it.
Cool. I'm building a new rig this summer. Probably nab this then.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

And thanks Venom!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #11
Franjo
Evil Dead

Also if youre not into the futuristic weapons, epoch mod does have m4s, m14, ak's, rpk etc etc.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #12
Franjo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
Cool. I'm building a new rig this summer. Probably nab this then.
Make sure to get a K processor for overclocking. It helps frames a lot. Im running a 2500k at 4.6ghz and it runs great. Currently using crossfired amd 6950s.

Tags
arma 3, arma iii, bohemia interactive