Last post by EL CABONG
Yesterday 04:22 PM
1 Replies, 468 Views

Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Arma 3 - Nexus Update Trailer #Arma3

Quote:
OUT NOW - Take a look at some of the highlights in the Arma 3 Nexus Update, which features End Game MP 2.0, a new stamina system, a refined character hitpoint model, Arma 3 Units, and more.
Click on the headline to watch the trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #3
firecut
Evil Dead

Looks amazing! I own Arma 3 and played it briefly but sadly could not get into the control scheme and went back to Battlefield Bad Company 2 (via Steam, screw Origin) which is IMO one of the best games ever made. Yes, I am a filthy casual and I hope one day to be able to get into Arma 3 but I just have not yet been able to.
firecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
actusoul
Evil Dead

Does anyone play ARMA 3 and what are your thoughts? I will read reviews but would like someone's personal opinion. I lean towards realistic military simulators... It looks good.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul
It looks good.
You've just summed up half of a review on Arma 3. The other half start with "But,..."
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
Does anyone play ARMA 3 and what are your thoughts? I will read reviews but would like someone's personal opinion. I lean towards realistic military simulators... It looks good.
I never liked these games. The graphics are great, but the controls suck and it doesn't matter if you are playing single player or multiplayer it mostly consists of getting shot by people you can't even see and dying several times till you finally figure out where the fire is coming from.

I also didn't like the way this game was released in pieces, is it even finished now or are you still paying for a beta?

They make some great trailers. That's about the best I can say about it.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Wait for Squad or Rising Storm 2. ARMA 3 is a beautiful game. But it takes a LOT of research to get any kind of decent controller scheme. And MP is broken because they need to optimize their goddamn game. You'll have a server with 40 to 100 people and pull 20 FPS regardless of your hardware. That's server-side.

As far as your actual PC goes, the game is CPU-dependent and runs off a single core. This is easily the best in the series in terms of polish. But like every title from Bohemia it's complete shit in terms of optimization. If they could nail that part, I'd be on this game like a crack addict.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #8
Meusli
Subscriber

Quote:
I will reply when I get back from work as pushed for time atm, I play this a fair bit and even have my own server so I might have a fuller opinion.
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
Franjo
Evil Dead

This is my favorite game of all time. Especially fun with friends. Could it be better optimized? Yes it could, but they are constantly dropping in new performance client local exe's to make the experience better. I'll outline some of the things I do in this game.

- Never played the single player campaign, don't care

- Download Samatra's Launcher, and play King Of the Hill Servers, and wasteland servers on Chenarus (Large Arma 2 map). They offer wicked mods like RHS Escalation (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152) and other addons. Play on servers with 120 people. Fire up Battle Royale.

- Download tons of different addons for the game, which is really easy with Steam Workshop now. Great map packs out there that include all maps from Arma2 that offer endless types of battlefields

- Fire up the editor, put a bunch of enemy AI anywhere on the map, setup a camp of AI to assault. You can create their patrol patterns, alertness, experiences. Basicaly make you're own scenario on any part of the map, using whatever weapon you want, what ever enemies you wish to fight. Feel like flying a chopper, drop one in in an instant and go at it.

- Plug in my saitek x52 pro and hop in a chopper and fly around all the maps. Download scenarios to practice it. For example, I use one scenario where you pick the size of the LZ in Metres, if the LZ is hot, etc etc. You move from random location to random location picking up groups of soilders and dropping them off. Pick your size of chopper and go at it.

- Supporting a developer who actually cares. I have no hesitation giving Bohemia my money. They are non stop developing and fixing issues and adding issues. All on the communities request. They're non stop updating people on progress and always put out sitrep reports.

They recently released a 3d editor now, with tons of youtube tutorials on this game and things you can do. It is a total blast.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Franjo
Evil Dead

This is my favorite game of all time. Especially fun with friends. Could it be better optimized? Yes it could, but they are constantly dropping in new performance client local exe's to make the experience better. I'll outline some of the things I do in this game.

- Never played the single player campaign, don't care

- Download Samatra's Launcher, and play King Of the Hill Servers, and wasteland servers on Chenarus (Large Arma 2 map). They offer wicked mods like RHS Escalation (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152) and other addons. Play on servers with 120 people. Fire up Battle Royale.

- Download tons of different addons for the game, which is really easy with Steam Workshop now. Great map packs out there that include all maps from Arma2 that offer endless types of battlefields

- Fire up the editor, put a bunch of enemy AI anywhere on the map, setup a camp of AI to assault. You can create their patrol patterns, alertness, experiences. Basicaly make you're own scenario on any part of the map, using whatever weapon you want, what ever enemies you wish to fight. Feel like flying a chopper, drop one in in an instant and go at it.

- Plug in my saitek x52 pro and hop in a chopper and fly around all the maps. Download scenarios to practice it. For example, I use one scenario where you pick the size of the LZ in Metres, if the LZ is hot, etc etc. You move from random location to random location picking up groups of soilders and dropping them off. Pick your size of chopper and go at it.

- Supporting a developer who actually cares. I have no hesitation giving Bohemia my money. They are non stop developing and fixing issues and adding issues. All on the communities request. They're non stop updating people on progress and always put out sitrep reports.

They recently released a 3d editor now, with tons of youtube tutorials on this game and things you can do. It is a total blast.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
Franjo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Also I have two or three friends I play with non stop online. I have a 10 person teamspeak server and if you want to join us over teamspeak and play arma3 or need help. We're west coast time, if you want the info let me know.

It'd be awesome for us to play with more people as well. Just throwing out the option
Old 12-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #12
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Does anyone play ARMA 3 and what are your thoughts?
It's a game I really want to like. I do enjoy some of the mods but I find the combat to be annoyingly random. You still run into cases where the AI can pot shot you from 1/2 mile away when your bullets just dance around them.

I check back in every couple months. Play enough to get annoyed, they go away. Normally I check back after ever major patch. They just had a major drop. I'm going to give it a try in between "Just Cause 3"

Like Franjo, it's a company I want to support.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arma 3, bohemia interactive