2 Replies, 355 Views
New Ralph Breaks the...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:57 AM
1 Replies, 239 Views

Old 03-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #41
Terran
Evil Dead

Really? You think she'll have an 'adoptive daddy' moment where she can deliver the backstab?

Could be...could be...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #42
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

You guys are overacting a little with the killing off characters theories. I think the next two Avenger movies will be the end of the MCU as we know it yeah. After that reboots. New actors. Same characters. Another decade of movies. Which honestly sounds horrible.

I have been loving all of the movies since Iron Man. It’s become tradition now for me and my brother to take my three sons to see each MCU movie on release night(10 Years now!). But now after every movie I think “really how long can this go??”. Comics are one thing. Hero’s never age. Stories get revamped. But movies and iconic actors? Like I don’t know if I could ever see another Tony Stark or Wolverine played by someone else. Especially anytime soon. Maybe another 10 or 15 years from now but in the next 5 years?? Nah...

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #43
LostToys
Evil Dead

All of the major characters have alternative replacements, which allows them to reboot the characters without having to worry about another actress/actor replacing them and not being as good as the previous person, because they are a completely new person. Wolverine can be replaced by X23, Captain America by Sharon Rogers/Bucky/Falcon, Iron Man by Iron Heart, Hulk with She Hulk (though I bet they would drop "She" from the name as it is too political), Thor with "Lady" Thor/Beta Ray Bill, Hawkeye with Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)/Ronin, so forth.

But we will likely not see this change until the next Avengers film because this is the first of two movies.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #44
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
All of the major characters have alternative replacements, which allows them to reboot the characters without having to worry about another actress/actor replacing them and not being as good as the previous person, because they are a completely new person. Wolverine can be replaced by X23, Captain America by Sharon Rogers/Bucky/Falcon, Iron Man by Iron Heart, Hulk with She Hulk (though I bet they would drop "She" from the name as it is too political), Thor with "Lady" Thor/Beta Ray Bill, Hawkeye with Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)/Ronin, so forth.

But we will likely not see this change until the next Avengers film because this is the first of two movies.
None of those are getting their own films. The proposed X23 was already cancelled.

In a few short years they will reboot the entire MCU with new actors across the board, and reintroduce the same characters to another generation. If you followed and loved the Marvel movies until now Disney considers you a dinosaur.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:21 AM   #45
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Just think of all the ad revenue from the thousands upon thousands of posts going on about how amazing the NEW Wolverine actor is, compared to the previous actor, and vice-versa. Cha-ching.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #46
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Just think of all the ad revenue from the thousands upon thousands of posts going on about how amazing the NEW Wolverine actor is, compared to the previous actor, and vice-versa. Cha-ching.
I'm more disturbed by the fact Disney/Marvel is recasting based on perceived trends of an audience that is currently 12 years old. We know who Hugh Jackman is and can't really see anybody else playing Wolverine. But the average 5th grader doesn't give a fuck. That's the new target.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #47
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
I'm more disturbed by the fact Disney/Marvel is recasting based on perceived trends of an audience that is currently 12 years old. We know who Hugh Jackman is and can't really see anybody else playing Wolverine. But the average 5th grader doesn't give a fuck. That's the new target.
I've actually been anxiously anticipating a recast for Wolverine for a few years now. Jackman was always a little too pretty for the character, although he did a good job overall. Ultimately, I wouldn't mind seeing a different take on the character. His on-screen portrayal is "definitive" because it's the only one we've gotten.

Jackman had a good run and ended everything on the highest possible note, which overshadowed some of the truly terrible movies he played the character in. He's ready to hang it up and I'm ready to see someone else take on Wolverine.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #48
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I've actually been anxiously anticipating a recast for Wolverine for a few years now. Jackman was always a little too pretty for the character, although he did a good job overall. Ultimately, I wouldn't mind seeing a different take on the character. His on-screen portrayal is "definitive" because it's the only one we've gotten.

Jackman had a good run and ended everything on the highest possible note, which overshadowed some of the truly terrible movies he played the character in. He's ready to hang it up and I'm ready to see someone else take on Wolverine.
Totally agree. Jackman was never a great Wolverine. He was a great character who happened to be named Wolverine, but I never felt like him and the comic character were the same thing. He was always a little too smart and analytical. Jackman is a great actor, but he can't hide how smart and analytical he is. Wolverine is meant to be feral. He's usually right, but not because he's smart, it's because he goes with his instincts. I think they need up pick a much more aggressive and athletic person to be Wolverine. I don't know who that is, it maybe looking trough wrestlers might be a place to start.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #49
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Expect to be hugely disappointed by the recast announcement in a year or two. You realize one of the people in the running for Wolverine is fucking Scott Eastwood?

If they can fix his teeth and get rid of the baby face pout then Tom Hardy would be a great physical match for the character. I think after Venom bombs he's never going to do another comic book movie.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #50
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I don't think Jackman matches the comic Wolverine because I don't think the comic Wolverine would work in movies. Heck, I'm surprised he worked in the comics as much as he did back in the day. I'm old enough to have been collecting back when he first rose to prominence and I got pretty sick of his character back then. He felt edgelord back before edgelord was a thing. And who knows what we'll get to replace Jackman but there aren't really a lot of leading men like him anymore. He may not be perfect but I don't have much hope that there's someone waiting to do a better job.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #51
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
You realize one of the people in the running for Wolverine is fucking Scott Eastwood?
He's a terrible actor. He really is. His dad is amazing, but he has nothing but a name. No on screen presence.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers infinity war