Today 08:14 AM
12 Replies, 913 Views

Old 11-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Final Fantasy XV Episodes Noctis, Aranea, Lunafreya Canceled

Quote:
Square Enix Official Announcement

The Final Fantasy XV development team had been planning to release four new DLCs, together titled “The Dawn of the Future,” in spring 2019. This refers to Episode Ardyn, Episode Aranea, Episode Lunafreya, and Episode Noctis. That said, the company has made an important directional change, and the decision has been made to re-examine these projects, concluding that production will be cancelled for Episode Aranea, Episode Lunafreya, and Episode Noctis, three out of the four DLCs planned. We are still developing Episode Ardyn, which continues to aim for a March 2019 release. I believe many fans have been eager to play these episodes, and the entire development team is regretful that we are unable to meet everyone’s expectations.

Allow me to provide additional insight into what we mean by a directional change for the company. A new company called Luminous Productions was formed, centered around the staff who had previously been developing the main game as part of Business Division 2, and the have continued to work on the project since. The main purpose of establishing Luminous Productions was to create a studio that can deliver a completely new AAA title to the global market. And due to this directional change, the company has decided to focus our resources on the development of this AAA title. This resulted in the decision to cancel the production of three out of the four DLCs originally planned and introduced.

Although this is extremely regretful, we hope everyone will continue to look forward to Episode Ardyn, which is still being developed in earnest. As for the new title currently in the works at Luminous Productions, we wish everyone will hold high hopes for our upcoming title as well.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
Mozgus
Evil Dead

I'm considering buying this at some point but I've heard the game apparently lacks a proper ending because of these promised DLCs. Does this mean the story will now not have an ending?
Mozgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgus View Post
I'm considering buying this at some point but I've heard the game apparently lacks a proper ending because of these promised DLCs. Does this mean the story will now not have an ending?
Also curious about this? I've had this game since launch but I was never able to get very far past the initial gas station! The combat seemed so dull and complicated! Dragon Quest XI meanwhile is much more up my alley. 140 hours and still not tired of it.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:26 AM   #4
Blackwing
Slacker

There is an ending, this DLC pack was aiming to be an alternate ending.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
Exodus
Evil Dead

I just don't get some developers. Do they not realize after I beat their game I delete it so I can make room for other games and don't want to reinstall their goddamn game just to play their little less than a few hours DLC crap?

Tags
final fantasy xv