A small request
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 08:52 PM
16 Replies, 551 Views

Old 04-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

BATTLETECH Launches Today on PC and Mac, New Trailer

Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal. BATTLETECH Launches Today on PC and Mac.

Quote:
STOCKHOLM - April 24, 2018 - Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today announced the release of BATTLETECH, the first turn-based tactical BATTLETECH / MechWarrior PC game in over 20 years, made possible by the support of 55,000+ Kickstarter backers. BATTLETECH is available on PC and Mac for the suggested retail price of $39.99, with Linux-support to be added post-launch. The game can be purchased from Paradox Plaza, Steam, GOG, and other digital retailers.

“There’s a lot of love for the BattleTech / MechWarrior universe, and the entire Harebrained team feels incredibly fortunate to have had the chance to work on a tactical combat game worthy of its legacy,” said Jordan Weisman, CEO of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the MechWarrior universe and original BattleTech board game. “We hope that fans of the universe and strategy gamers in general find as much fun and excitement playing BATTLETECH as we found creating it.”

Developed by Harebrained Schemes, the studio responsible for the critically acclaimed Shadowrun Returns series, BATTLETECH is the next generation of turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat. The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of 'Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair, maintain, and customize your stable of aging BattleMechs, all in the service of executing devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Pretty sure this launched yesterday.... Because I was playing it yesterday and it's great!
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

The login servers for online are dead... so just ignore them and play the single for now

Btw its sad that people give negative review because it have in the character design the options for He, She, or They?!?! (male and female )
Its 1000+ years in the future ... xD
Old 04-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

But does "they" include hot chicks with dicks? Asking for a friend.

All kidding aside, there are always going to be the assholes who hate anything that is inclusive, regardless of the inclusion not detracting from anything else (ie. there is no pandering, talking down to, or otherwise making the binary choices worse than if this option was not included).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Only dipped my toe into this game but it's great so far.

They sounds more like a skitso than a Trans.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #7
NickAragua
Evil Dead

... aand this makes the second night in a row that I stayed up way past when I should be going to sleep just to stomp some more tanks and shoot up some more mechs.

Here's an actual scenario from the game:

My 4-mech lance drops in to eliminate a group of bad guys. Everything is going well, we're exchanging fire with a single enemy mech to the north of our position up a hill while his buddies are about a turn behind him.

Then, from across a river to the west comes a single light scout mech. We take a turn to blow it away, at which point his three buddies show up and flank us.

So, I had to push my mechs uphill and destroy our original targets while trying to keep out of line of sight of the enemy reinforcements. At the end, we got the bastards, but our mechs were all shot to hell while the reinforcements were in pristine condition. So, in a very rare move, I hit the "withdraw" button and accepted partial payment for a partially completed contract.

If running a team of giant robots and getting paid to shoot the shit out of other giant robots while stomping on stupid little tanks is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
NickAragua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAragua View Post
... aand this makes the second night in a row that I stayed up way past when I should be going to sleep just to stomp some more tanks and shoot up some more mechs.

My 4-mech lance drops in to eliminate a group of bad guys. Everything is going well, we're exchanging fire with a single enemy mech to the north of our position up a hill while his buddies are about a turn behind him.

Then, from across a river to the west comes a single light scout mech. We take a turn to blow it away, at which point his three buddies show up and flank us.

So, I had to push my mechs uphill and destroy our original targets while trying to keep out of line of sight of the enemy reinforcements. At the end, we got the bastards, but our mechs were all shot to hell while the reinforcements were in pristine condition. So, in a very rare move, I hit the "withdraw" button and accepted partial payment for a partially completed contract.

If running a team of giant robots and getting paid to shoot the shit out of other giant robots while stomping on stupid little tanks is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
According to Steam I've put 20 hours in... IN ONE DAY. Game is really really good, for the few of us left that remember tabletop battletech and are fans of the Mechwarrior titles, it's like a little slice of gaming heaven. The game is that fucking good.

Also Glitch (one of the pilots you start with) seems to have this knack for random headshots, she's done it like 3 times just on a regular attack, sure helps with salvage! The missions are fun, they're varied, this is a game procedural generation actually works out well on the side missions always being something different. That they nailed so many of the table top mechanics with terrain and various elements affecting your mechs is great too.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:12 AM   #9
BitCrash
Death Knight

sounds good

glad I 'backed' them ...
no i just need some time off from work to actually play ...

need ... a ... break ....
BitCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAragua View Post

I was on the fence, mainly because I've been trying to force myself to buy fewer games (and junk in general) this year. This little story pushed me over the edge, though.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Holy shit am I pissed I backed this game.

I played last night, just doing my thing UNTIL... my fucking alarm went off telling me it was time to wake up and go to work.

I am dog tired having had a hell of a day and I have to go back to my house where that monster is waiting to steal another night's sleep. Yet all I can do is think about playing it again.

HALP!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:03 AM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Holy shit am I pissed I backed this game.

I played last night, just doing my thing UNTIL... my fucking alarm went off telling me it was time to wake up and go to work.

I am dog tired having had a hell of a day and I have to go back to my house where that monster is waiting to steal another night's sleep. Yet all I can do is think about playing it again.

HALP!
I can relate the last two nights were quite sleepless. Tomorrow my schedule is clear tho so not sleeping much tonight either lol. Just actually ran an amazingly well executed story mission that I won't give the details away, not only did I manage to precision strike one shot kill a completely untouched Wolverine via a critical AC20 hit from my trusty Centy, I walked away with 2 pieces of salvage for a dual PPC Catapult K2 mech, All while not only being outnumbered and outtonned only losing 1 mech, said Centurion had zero luck after the initial skirmish and sadly a brave Mechwarrior lost their life, but them's the breaks when you're a mercenary!

I think this may be my 2018 game of the year already, unless MechWarrior 5 delivers and actually ships this year.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #13
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

For the past few re years I've been. Using games to support the developers and not even getting to play them as much as I'd like. Kickstarter really was a God send for gaming. I have never been disappointed by a Kickstarted game I backed.

(Although I've been heavily disappointed in a few I didn't. Like Beolen Age for example)
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #14
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I walked away with 2 pieces of salvage for a dual PPC Catapult K2 mech
What a waste of a perfectly good catapult. LRMs 4 Lyfe!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
What a waste of a perfectly good catapult. LRMs 4 Lyfe!
Bah that's no fun, get in there in brawl ya pussy! lol I kid.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Good God this game is so much fun. Just managed a mission to take out a pirate lance that not only ended up with 3 enemy assaults in it (a stalker 3F, Awesome 3ppc variant and an Awesome LRM variant) but also had 2 demolisher ac20 tanks, a Jager missle boat and a Cataphract, With zero mech losses and I only have 1 assault, a Highlander 732b, backed up by 3 heavies, Thunderbolt5ss, Jager JM6-S with two AC10s, and a Quickdraw laser/srm6 variant I tossed together.

Starting the drop there was a hill on the left of the map that looked like prime high ground over a cavern in the middle of the map, pushing 3 of my mechs on a ridge along one side of the hill, I sent Glitch in her Jager further up the main hill to get high ground and run smack dab into 2 Demolisher tanks, while Behemoth in the QD, Dekker in the thunderbolt sporting a PPC, 2 med lasers and an srm6 come across the Cataphract also on this same ridge, which goes down fairly quick due to focused fire. Glitch takes a ac20 hit but manages to crit one tank and stomp the other. So far so good!

All of a sudden 3 contacts blip from the far right side of the map and missles start raining on dekker (thank Kerensky for vigilance) another blip in front turns out to be a stalker LRM/laser build, that takes a crit from my Highlander's gauss riffle as Glitch manuvers from the top of the hill behind it and cores it out from behind with an alpha strike of 2 ac 10's and 2 med lasers.

Now to find out what the hell is firing volley after volley of missles and unstablizing 2 of my pilots to near knock down, I push my highlander towards the 3 new contacts on the right and get scared as fuck when it's 2 awesomes one sporting 3 ppc's, as I'm tanking and Bitching Betty is informing me of all the armor my Highlander is losing. I score a left torso destruction on the Jager who is also firing LRM's. My CT is cored, one arm and torso also heavily damage I'm just hoping my lance mates get into position to assist.

Glitch saves my ass hitting the Jager from half way across the map with 2 AC's10's that knock it down and blow off it's other torso as I'm pulling my Highlander back to take a breath and not lose it. At this point its 4 on 2 as the awesomes fall to focused fire and one lass gauss round finishes off the Jager. I literally fist pumped as it died, mission complete, no mech losses only minor injuries, huge ass pay day and manage to salvage one piece of each awesome and a piece of the stalker. Can't wait to get another assault mech up.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #17
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I LOST DEKKER GODDAM IT!

I refuse to reload from a save and he's gone. RIP.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I LOST DEKKER GODDAM IT!

Aww man that sucks. I'd likely do the same though just move on. Training new pilots will be a bitch tho bro.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:47 AM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I LOST DEKKER GODDAM IT!

Ya know what? Dekker just died on me too. Rough mission, 2 demolishers, a Shrek ppc tank, a highlander, a Catapult K2 and a Quickdraw. I salvaged an entire Highlander 733 P and the last piece I needed on the K2 out of it.. but man.. losing Dekker and his rank 10 in tactics is going to be a huge blow.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:25 PM   #20
zeonxavier
Evil Dead

If this thing's as good as you guys say, I'll be buying it. I haven't sunk into a good turn-based game since X-Com.
zeonxavier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battletech, paradox interactive