Black Ops 4 Beta Game...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Yesterday 01:21 AM
7 Replies, 1,165 Views

Old 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #21
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Metroid Prime 4? Sounds good.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #22
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
$79??? Why are people paying this much for games?
Pretty sure thatís what Chrono Trigger cost back in the day. But then I didnít buy that one either.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #23
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
You're nuts. It ran on the idtech DOOM engine (granted the previous version) at locked 60FPS and look amazing on the 360.

I would have been happy at the announcement if iD had been developing it vs Rebellion.

Also are you ever going to outgrow being a Sony fanboy? It's entirely possible to enjoy being a console gamer and appreciate each company for their strengths. Sony wins by far on exclusives, Microsoft wins by far on hardware now with the X.
I think he was a Xbox Fanboy during the 360 days....

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #24
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWilliamton View Post
How did Dragon Quest 11 get entered as Dragon Quest 2 LMAO
Dragon Quest Builders 2

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #25
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I love me some Rage!!!!!!!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

New Doom was garbage, Rage is exciting but I am hoping for COOP.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
I think he was a Xbox Fanboy during the 360 days....
Loved the 360 until my 9th one got the RRoD. Never going back and now that they basically stopped making exclusives, there is no reason to consider going back.

The Scorpio might be a powerful system, but all that power means nothing if they have no games worth playing.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Loved the 360 until my 9th one got the RRoD. Never going back and now that they basically stopped making exclusives, there is no reason to consider going back.
Multiple dead systems here as well. I was a very profitable customer for MS. I owned hundreds of games. Now I'm a PC gamer.

Never going back.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #29
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Multiple dead systems here as well. I was a very profitable customer for MS. I owned hundreds of games. Now I'm a PC gamer.

Never going back.
I think I could have overlooked the bad hardware if the exclusives hadn't dried up. By the time the Xbone launched, there wasn't really any reason to buy one. It launched with very few games, mostly just the Master Chief Collection and the hardware isn't even as powerful as the PS4.

Then Sony just kept cranking out the exclusives one after another, while flooding their system with interesting looking indie games too. They just totally stole the top spot away from Microsoft.

I think that launching ultra powerful hardware is a step in the right direction, but who launches new hardware without any games? They didn't have a single launch title for the Scorpio. Not even ONE. What kind of company marketing is that? That's moronic.

All they keep pushing is the emulation for old 360 games, because right now that is all they have. Sea of Thieves was a dud and Crackdown 3 will probably be a dud. I think they are going to have another really weak E3.

It isn't going to be a fantastic E3 no matter what, too many sequels and too many games we already know about. But at least Sony will have some exclusives to talk about.

I'm interested in The Division 2, Emabulator and I spent a lot of time doing the single player campaign co-op. I think we did almost every mission together. If they had supported that more instead of the Dark Zone, they might still be a going concern.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #30
Meeks
Evil Dead

I'm assuming the prices are Canadian dollars?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
$79??? Why are people paying this much for games?
It was taken from the Canadian site.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #32
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:

The Scorpio might be a powerful system, but all that power means nothing if they have no games worth playing.
Just because they haven't shown anything does not mean that they stopped making games. They have stated several times that they had moved to a system where they were trying to support third parties making games for time to exclusives but that that had backfired on them and they are no longer pursuing that Avenue. They have said adamantly that they believe that first parties are the most important thing for a console and they redoubled their efforts to have the best first party roster in gaming. You simply haven't seen any of those games yet because they've been making those games. This E3 is probably going to be dominated by Microsoft as they show off all of their new Scorpio games and Sony is focusing on the last remnants of their PS4 lineup before they move to ps5
Old 05-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #33
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
I'm assuming the prices are Canadian dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It was taken from the Canadian site.
You know what I was just wondering? If the prices were in Canadian Dollars.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:35 AM   #34
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

somehow my 3rd elite 360 was a keeper. replaced the dvd drive once. i think it has a jasper board or somthing , the guy who replaced the dvd said it had a decent chance of maintaining its life. Dead space 3 is one of the few games i need to try to go back and play
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #35
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Loved the 360 until my 9th one got the RRoD.
9?! I would have been turned off forever after the first one died.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #36
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Iíve somehow lived my entire life without a console breaking. Including my 360. My ps2 didnít play dvds out of the box, though, until I accidentally dropped it while moving my dorm room.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #37
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
That's the thing, it was the best console at the time with the most games and the most exclusives. Sony took a long time for the PS3 to take off, it wasn't until near the end of the life of the system that they started cranking out these amazing exclusives.

So, when those 360's would RRoD, you just sent them in to get replaced and when they would RRoD again, you sent them in again. I think I only paid $50 to have my Dad's green Halo system replaced, the rest of the repairs were free.

Eventually, the Xbox 360 S came out and solved the RRoD problem, I still have my red Gears of War 3 360 and it works great, but by the time those S systems were big, I had already moved all of my collection over to the PS3.

I sold all my 360 games and the good ones I re-purchased on the PS3 because the systems didn't die nearly as much (I still have a 60 GB fattie in the closet that I should repair and my other two PS3's are in perfect working condition, I used them every day.)

Sony kept cranking out great games, while MS decided to move to the 100% digital debacle that killed the Xbox One. And they still haven't recovered from that mess because the system isn't as powerful as the PS4 (at least not till the new Scorpio came out) and they stopped focusing on system exclusives a long time ago.

Someone said above that they are "working on" more games, but we know that isn't true because they just don't have the in-house studio support like Sony does right now. All you are going to see from them is another 343 Halo, another Coalition Gears of War and another Forza. That's it. They just aren't smart enough to focus on new stuff the way Sony does.

I'm totally skipping the Scorpio, it's powerful yes, but the games you want to play will continue to be on the PlayStation for a while. I loved Microsoft in the day, I was a huge fanboy, but they lost me and I don't see them winning me back without a major shift in how they do business.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #38
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:

Someone said above that they are "working on" more games, but we know that isn't true because they just don't have the in-house studio support like Sony does right now. All you are going to see from them is another 343 Halo, another Coalition Gears of War and another Forza. That's it. They just aren't smart enough to focus on new stuff the way Sony does.
thatís not a thing.

Most of Sonyís first party studios come from them purchasing third parties like Psgnosis, Zipper, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Lightbox, Single Trac, Guerilla, Etc. Itís not like Sony has string, visionary first parties. They just buy studios that do good things and then, some would say, run them into the ground.

You donít know WHAT MS is working on because they havenít said.

We KNOW about We Happy Few. It might have gotten much better since we last saw it two years ago. Moreover, MS was actually guilty of being a MUCH MORE visionary company with things like Zoo Tycoon, Project Sparc, Fable Legends, etc. they just failed at all of them.

MS trying a bunch of new ideas and failing is arguably much more laudable than Sony having a portfolio of Open world action games that look like five different flavors of the exact same thing.

All those studios are going to be showing new stuff for MD this year, guaranteed. No, itís not going to just be Halo and 343.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #39
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

A 15 second teaser for Rage 2 leaked online this morning and I'm having a really difficult time remembering if a worse video game ad existed prior to whatever mess that is supposed to be.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #40
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
All those studios are going to be showing new stuff for MD this year, guaranteed. No, it’s not going to just be Halo and 343.
That is what people said last year, and the year before and the year before that... in fact that is what people have been saying every E3 since the Xbone launched and it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, most of the "new" stuff MS has shown off during their E3 presentations has been canceled or delayed until infinity and then canceled.

You might be right that Sony has built their portfolio by buying up great studios, but that is what Microsoft was doing during the 360 era and it was working. They stopped doing it and now they have virtually nothing to show off on their new hardware and what exclusives they have launched like Sea of Thieves, Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 have been duds.

I predict they will come out again and say that they are dedicating themselves to the games, show off a few things we already know about, a few totally new things that are just 100% CGI trailers (or in-engine stuff that is really just a CGI trailer in disguise) and then we will be right back here again next year waiting for them to finally announce something people actually want to play.

Meanwhile, everything Sony is going to show off this year is stuff you can play either this year or early next year. That's a big difference. The difference between producing good quality games and just making more empty promises.

I'm sure there are people at Microsoft who would love to take the crown back from Sony, I just don't think there is anyone left working there with an actual outline of how to make that happen. They don't seem to want to go the old route of buying up tons of studios only to have to close them down later like they were doing in the old days and if you aren't going to do that, what exactly is your plan to round up exclusives for their system? They seem to think that a console system is like the Field of Dreams and that "if you build he he will come", but that doesn't work because unless they lock people in as exclusive vendors they will just keep making games for both platforms and since there isn't a massive gap between the two systems in terms of performance, the games will look about the same. Or close enough that you certainly can't tell the difference from a YouTube clip. And that again leaves Sony with all the exclusives and Microsoft with a bunch of games you could be playing on the Playstation - and getting all the exclusives.

What they are doing just doesn't work.

Tags
e3 2018