Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 02:15 PM
2 Replies, 400 Views

Old 05-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #41
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
That is what people said last year, and the year before and the year before that... in fact that is what people have been saying every E3 since the Xbone launched and it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, most of the "new" stuff MS has shown off during their E3 presentations has been canceled or delayed until infinity and then canceled.

You might be right that Sony has built their portfolio by buying up great studios, but that is what Microsoft was doing during the 360 era and it was working. They stopped doing it and now they have virtually nothing to show off on their new hardware and what exclusives they have launched like Sea of Thieves, Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 have been duds.

I predict they will come out again and say that they are dedicating themselves to the games, show off a few things we already know about, a few totally new things that are just 100% CGI trailers (or in-engine stuff that is really just a CGI trailer in disguise) and then we will be right back here again next year waiting for them to finally announce something people actually want to play.

Meanwhile, everything Sony is going to show off this year is stuff you can play either this year or early next year. That's a big difference. The difference between producing good quality games and just making more empty promises.

I'm sure there are people at Microsoft who would love to take the crown back from Sony, I just don't think there is anyone left working there with an actual outline of how to make that happen. They don't seem to want to go the old route of buying up tons of studios only to have to close them down later like they were doing in the old days and if you aren't going to do that, what exactly is your plan to round up exclusives for their system? They seem to think that a console system is like the Field of Dreams and that "if you build he he will come", but that doesn't work because unless they lock people in as exclusive vendors they will just keep making games for both platforms and since there isn't a massive gap between the two systems in terms of performance, the games will look about the same. Or close enough that you certainly can't tell the difference from a YouTube clip. And that again leaves Sony with all the exclusives and Microsoft with a bunch of games you could be playing on the Playstation - and getting all the exclusives.

What they are doing just doesn't work.
I just flat out cant understand where youíre coming from with this. like, i cant tell if youre being serious.

I can totally understand if you just dont support MS. I dont own any of their stuff right now either. I can also understand you supporting Sony if you like their product. They are diing theonly thing im interested in now, with PSVR. But it SOUNDS like you are saying thar you dint believe MS has been doing anything for the past 3 years and that they arent giing to show anythung but a new Halo game rhus tear because you think they are staffed by grown men who are mentally retarded.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #42
NightRain
Evil Dead

It isn't like MS has had zero exclusives. Yes over the past 18 months or so Sony has had a lot of better exclusives but some of my favorite console games this generation are on Xbox One. Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, etc which are all great. Sony has Horizon, God of War, Bloodborne, etc.

Some of my favorite games over the past few years on Xbox One are

Ori and the Blind Forest
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 3
Cuphead

It's also not like Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, Super Lucky's Tale, ReCore, etc were terrible games. They all had some good and were better than a lot of the exclusives found elsewhere. I also get that most of these games can be played on a good PC, making Xbox One a little unneeded if you have a gaming PC.

I am totally loving the Xbox One X though. For a while I used to buy a lot of multi platform games on PC or PS4. However because I like getting (but not obsessed with) achievements and the excellent quality of the Xbox One X I've found myself using that more than anything overall since it was released. I have a gaming PC, I have a PS4 Pro, I have a switch. They are all worthwhile in their own way. Sitting back and gaming on a big 4k TV with Xbox One X has been nice and it is easily the best hardware value right now. Sure Xbox One hasn't had the exclusive smash hits seen on PS4 or Switch but it still has worthwhile titles to play, especially if you don't want to or can't game on PC.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e3 2018