Jordan Peele’s Candyman...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:36 PM
7 Replies, 404 Views

Old 01-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #1
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

RIP Kobe Bryant and Daughter - Dead in Helicopter Crash

I am not a sports ball guy but even I know the impact Kobe Bryant had on the Basketball as one of the greatest of all time.

Tonight he died, along with all other passengers, in a helicopter crash outside of LA. One of the passengers was his 13 year old daughter.

He was considered a polarizing figure but if you take a 20,000 foot view it ends up being pretty even between left and right, outside of his support of the view of systematic racism in America he was pretty even handed.

The world has lost one of the greats today and I will shed a tear and say a prayer for the souls of those lost in this tragic accident.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As an aside I was actually driving into LA in the morning myself, relocating to warmer climate from Seattle. The fog was pretty thick at 1AM and I guess it only got worse resulting in his helicopter crash.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #3
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

He was the last great basketball player to watch, for me. I haven't been able to get back into basketball for years, since he went away. I would always watch a game if he was playing. When I was a kid, the first sport I ever saw was a Lakers game, I grew up for a time in SoCal. It was Magic Johnson and stuff then, but I always liked them, even though I am from Seattle. When Kobe hit I was about 16, and my basketball intrest was at an all time high. Over the years I moved away from that sport, and more into Football and Baseball (didn't help when we lost the Sonics), but again I would always watch if a game was on that he was in.

Don't know much about his personal life, but as far as I could tell he was a pretty solid dude. Yeah he cheated on his wife that time, and perhaps had opposing political views, but neither of those outweigh the entertainment I got from watching him. And it's extremely sad that his daughter was in there with him, I can't imagine. RIP.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Agree .. he was the last player that I actively searched for to see him play.

Sad for his family and friends. All of them gone too soon.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
Azzy
Cthulian

Yesterday, every time I made the joke that Kobe could dribble but not bounce I went down in flames.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:21 AM   #6
Azrael
Evil Dead

This hit me fucking hard. Kobe was my Hero, he had been for a long time now. Kobe was always about excellence in whatever he did and he by all reports he was becoming massively successful in his second career as a media mogul. The stories of his dedication to basketball and the preparation he put in is next level. Normal humans just dont have that passion and dedication. I've watched so many of his speeches/interviews of youtube and found him to be such a inspiring individual.

I travelled from Australia to America to watch him play on 6 different occasions, i'm just sad I didnt do it more. Last year he came to Melbourne (otherside of the country) for a book signing, fucking kicking myself i didnt go to it now.

RIP Kobe - One of the greatest to ever do it
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

I feel for his family, but the other folks are damn sure forgotten in this, including the family that lost their mom AND dad AND sibling, leaving a son and daughter behind alone.

At least Kobe's other kids have their mom and siblings. Condolences, but damn, this idol worship nonsense that ignores other folks is annoying as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I feel for his family, but the other folks are damn sure forgotten in this, including the family that lost their mom AND dad AND sibling, leaving a son and daughter behind alone.

At least Kobe's other kids have their mom and siblings. Condolences, but damn, this idol worship nonsense that ignores other folks is annoying as hell.
Bingo. Nevermind that the guy likely cheated on his wife on a regular basis but we're supposed to idolize him because he played basketball. No thanks.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote