Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 03:55 AM
1 Replies, 215 Views

Old 10-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Switch Diablo III: Eternal Collection Bundle Announced

Quote:
Nintendo News: Summon Up a Nintendo Switch Bundle with Diablo III: Eternal Collection Starting November 2

The devil is literally in the details of a new Nintendo Switch bundle featuring Blizzard’s legendary game Diablo III: Eternal Collection, launching exclusively at GameStop on Nov. 2. Fans who pick up the devilish bundle will receive a Nintendo Switch system and dock featuring Diablo III artwork, a download code for the Diablo III: Eternal Collection game and a themed carrying case, all at a suggested retail price of $359.99.

Diablo III: Eternal Collection contains the full classic game, as well as all of its expansion content: Rise of the Necromancer and Reaper of Souls. In addition, fans who play the Nintendo Switch version will receive in-game items that are only available on Nintendo’s hit console. These in-game bonuses include a variety of items from The Legend of Zelda series, including Ganondorf Transmog Armor, a companion Cucco pet and a Golden Triforce Portrait Frame.

In Diablo III: Eternal Collection, players choose between one of seven classes, including Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, Witch Doctor and Wizard, to set off on a dark and memorable adventure to destroy demons and discover loot. The critically acclaimed game is hailed for its style and gameplay, which is perfect for playing on the TV or on the go using Nintendo Switch.

For more information about Diablo III: Eternal Collection, visit nintendo.com/diablo-3-switch.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

I'm a sucker for Diablo 3 and even though I've played to death now, this is making me think about buying a Switch. Would be the 3d copy of the game for me too on top of PC and PS4. Blizzard knows how to milk it.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

This seems like a bundle I would jump on but IDK rumors of an upgraded switch out by summer time have me in more of a wait and see mode.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Sure, I'll get it if it comes with a controller too. I'm not buying a system at that price that doesn't come with at least one controller.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
Sure, I'll get it if it comes with a controller too. I'm not buying a system at that price that doesn't come with at least one controller.
I comes with two joy cons.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
DrizziTx
Evil Dead

1. When they showed the pokemon switch console you complained how the pokemon characters looked like stickers on the console, on this version of the console it also looks like stickers but you like this, I call bias on you
2. @karaliusbronius it does come with a controller, you just sort of build it by need, either you hold the joycons in each hand, or you attache them to form a complete controller. Look at the picture of the switch, look on the switch package and to the right of the image of the switch, you can see the controller being assembled as the right joycon is inserted and the left is already in place.
From experience I can say it works great, Nintendo did some fine craftsmanship here, too bad buying a 2nd set is so expensive.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
I comes with two joy cons.
I think he means the pro controller. I. E. a real controller .
I have played the switch at friends and familys house and the the joy cons are not great. If you are a child or have small hands it's probably not a big deal. For some of us with large hands it is uncomfortable to use joy cons.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #9
ascl
Developer

The switch comes with a little frame you can put the joycons in, which is roughly like a 'real' controller. The joycons themselves are dreadful tho, at least in my hands, so I had to buy an extra controller anyway, so the wife and I could play without cramping my hands!

Diablo on the switch... doesn't seem like a great fit to me, I mean, Diablo requires internet from a device which only has wifi? I guess it is fine if you don't use your switch out and about.
ascl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
I think he means the pro controller. I. E. a real controller .
I have played the switch at friends and familys house and the the joy cons are not great. If you are a child or have small hands it's probably not a big deal. For some of us with large hands it is uncomfortable to use joy cons.
While the individual Joy-cons are pretty friggin' tiny, when you put them in the grip (which pairs them as one controller, essentially), it's not so bad. I prefer the pro controller, but the grip is sufficient enough, speaking as someone with larger hands.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
LostToys
Evil Dead

Even on the grip, because of how close the joycons are to each other, it is still uncomfortable to use. I bought a Pro controller pretty much immediately after buying a Switch because long sessions were just painful, and I have medium sized hands.

As for the Switch, I would really wait for the next generation to come out. It will be two year's old this Spring, and Nintendo likes doing refreshes of their handhelds (the Switch definitely is). So I wouldn't be surprised if a better version with at least a better battery life comes out next year.

And by then, the Diablo game will be cheaper. So win win.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
NESter the Unlikely
Death Knight

How many Switch bundles do we actually need at any given moment?

And yeah, "upgraded" Switch on the horizon. Upgraded so you can't hack it.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely View Post
How many Switch bundles do we actually need at any given moment?

And yeah, "upgraded" Switch on the horizon. Upgraded so you can't hack it.
That would require going with an entirely different processor, essentially. It's a problem inherent to the chip they opted for.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
While the individual Joy-cons are pretty friggin' tiny, when you put them in the grip (which pairs them as one controller, essentially), it's not so bad. I prefer the pro controller, but the grip is sufficient enough, speaking as someone with larger hands.
The excuses some of you come up with for bad design is hilarious.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #15
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Switch 2.0 will be OLED.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
LostToys
Evil Dead

They will not waste their money on OLED. Even Sony dropped OLED from the Vita, and that was one of the saving graces of that system.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
Terran
Evil Dead

Can't imagine going back to D3. So burned out on it. Left ages ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #18
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I used the grip. It is not a good design. The fact that the pro controller exists is somewhat an admission that the joy cons are not for everyone.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:05 AM   #19
DrizziTx
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
I used the grip. It is not a good design. The fact that the pro controller exists is somewhat an admission that the joy cons are not for everyone.
Of course joycons are not for everyone, but still, amazing design in my eyes, I was truly amazed when I learned how to use them. At first thought "too small" but I actually play with them quite easily and have lots of fun.
Same goes for portable mode where controllers are on side of screen and when using the grip (Before you even begin let me cut you off, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy , just telling it like it is. I generally play on my ps4 but the switch has some cool exclusives and was bought for that and family fun, after all, it is more aimed at kids)

As for the issue of needing a pro controller, there's a much cheaper solution than buying pro controller for freaking 60$, there are usb wireless adapters which allow you to pair an xbox or ps4 controller (and other controllers) to your switch, it also works on pc and ps3. each costs about 20$ and they work great (according to reviews, didn't get mine yet), look for "mayflash ns".

Quote:
Diablo on the switch... doesn't seem like a great fit to me, I mean, Diablo requires internet from a device which only has wifi? I guess it is fine if you don't use your switch out and about.
You have usb to network adapters for that, 15$ or so, so you get stable wired internet if you need that. you can also use it for other devices so its worth having in general.

Quote:
As for the Switch, I would really wait for the next generation to come out
There are rumors for revised switch to come out 2019, one claims 4k switch with streaming, the other about a console with 8gig ram instead of current 4 and a small upgrade to the processor. Time will tell.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:34 AM   #20
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
The excuses some of you come up with for bad design is hilarious.
Where's the excuse? I didn't mind the joy-cons in the grip. I will, however, use the pro controller unless otherwise required.

Tags
diablo 3, switch