Last post by Demo_Boy
Today 10:25 AM
2 Replies, 341 Views

Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New Anthem Trailer

Quote:
Check out the new Official Anthem Trailer from the 2018 Game Awards.

Through the power of the javelins, skilled pilots called lancers were able to fight back against this perilous world. But a new enemy has emerged, seeking to harness the limitless power of the Anthem. And if they succeed, nothing will stand in their way.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I'll be playing this one this weekend!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
LostToys
Evil Dead

I will as well, but need to determine if I will bother waking up early so I can play at both play-times, or just play it in the afternoon only.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:14 AM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I liked this game better the first time I played it and it was called "Destiny".

Neither this trailer nor the previously heavily (and poorly) scripted gameplay trailer are nearly enough to make me want to drop cash on a pre-order, or EA subscription, for their spin on something as thin as Destiny.

I suspect the main difference will be how EA's innovations in the Loot Box space will replace the shitty way Activision and Bungie release and price DLC. Either way the customer gets the pointy end up the pooper.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

This looks fun but I really don't trust EA anymore. Taking a wait and see approach.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #6
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Any word on Cross Play? I hope this and Division 2 support cross play at least when participating in Co-op.

For me I am biased and want PC with Xbox Cross Play.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I liked this game better the first time I played it and it was called "Destiny".

Neither this trailer nor the previously heavily (and poorly) scripted gameplay trailer are nearly enough to make me want to drop cash on a pre-order, or EA subscription, for their spin on something as thin as Destiny.

I suspect the main difference will be how EA's innovations in the Loot Box space will replace the shitty way Activision and Bungie release and price DLC. Either way the customer gets the pointy end up the pooper.
While I haven't played it, that's pretty much my feel on this too, it's Bioware's version of Destiny, both very shallow titles.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
While I haven't played it, that's pretty much my feel on this too, it's Bioware's version of Destiny, both very shallow titles.
I played it and I was kinda bored. I liked the flying, but the beginning is a real snooze.

I guess I'll see, there isn't much coming out when this launches in February, so I'll probably end up getting it just to play something new.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

I only know somebody that has played it, and he says the controls are complete shit. He didn't really explain anything so I don't know what he considers "complete shit", but it's all I know at this point.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaDangerous View Post
I only know somebody that has played it, and he says the controls are complete shit. He didn't really explain anything so I don't know what he considers "complete shit", but it's all I know at this point.
Yah apparently the build of the game people got was an older one and the PC controls were not something that was ready in it. It plays absolutely terrible on a mouse and keyboard, but works quite well with a controller.

If they don't have the M&KB controls in order by release this will be a hard pass, just can't play a game like this on a controller.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I played it and I was kinda bored. I liked the flying, but the beginning is a real snooze.

I guess I'll see, there isn't much coming out when this launches in February, so I'll probably end up getting it just to play something new.
I get the feeling if Anthem doesn't do well, and the next Dragon Age, Bioware will be the next shuttered studio in a long line of them with EA. I don't blame the doctors for wanting to get out, they were obviously burnt out and managed a payday, and to be honest most Bioware games are really just the same damn plot with a couple elements changed or characters changed, they've reused the same formula for every single game since Baldur's Gate, it's starting to get tired and this is coming from someone who's owned practically every Bioware game known to man.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem