Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 04:22 PM
18,520 Replies, 3,475,796 Views

Old 06-26-2019, 02:31 AM   #21
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
That's how I felt about Aladdin. That's a great feeling.

I need a Regal alternative to AMC's program.
Seeing your posts about Aladdin has moved me from never planning to see it, to watching it eventually when it comes out on video (I mean digital). It looked so bad but there must be something there.

This weekend I have to work OT so I don't know that I'll go to a movie, plus there's not much out. Annabelle 3 looks generic. The only "Conjuring Universe" films that I've got much out of were the two James Wan directed ones. All the offshoots haven't been very memorable to me. Unfortunately it looks like he's become too big to direct these horror films anymore, which is a shame.

If my wife wants to I'll watch it, whatever, and there's an even less chance (but still a chance) that I'll watch Luc Besson's "Anna." Looks like John Wick but..with Anna.

The following week is Spider-man which I'm sure we'll go watch but I've got to be honest I am feeling bored of the MCU films now. Endgame was a fine ending, I'm not too interested in that universe anymore. Maybe they'll get me back, who knows, but for now I'm feeling done.

On the weekend of July 12th I'll watch the horror alligator film Crawl. I don't need to watch a trailer for it, it is directed by Alexander Aja. I am a lifelong fan of his films because of "High Tension" and his "The Hills Have Eyes" remake. "Mirrors" and "Piranha" were cool, but those first two were mind blowing for me at the time.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #22
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The trailer for Crawl looks pretty good. I would go see it, but horror movies are a hard sell with my family.

I might go see Midsommar instead of Spider-Man,it looks super creepy.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 AM   #23
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Yes! Good call, I keep forgetting about Midsommar, but I will definitely see that.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #24
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post

I need a Regal alternative to AMC's program.
I don't know how they stay in business without one. I actually had to buy a ticket for Brightburn since it was not at my AMC. But I was happy to support that movie, it was refreshing.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #25
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Par for the course. Express an opinion that doesn't coincide with yours & you go all being "that" yet again...

You're right, I should change tact to protect your feelz. Not like it is effective to hold up a mirror when someone "expresses an opinion" with all the precision of a shotgun.

By the way, John Wick 3 is bleeding in the corner from the collateral damage. Ahem. John Wick 3 isn't absolute garbage. Connecting the dots here?

Let's rewrite history to fit a narrative I mean replay that encounter.

Quote:
The overall quality of films that Hollywood is currently crapping out wouldn't even be worth wiping your ass with. Absolute garbage through & through.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

The 90's called, they want shitty rehashes back.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
You're right
Indeed he was. You went off the rails after this however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:19 AM   #28
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Oh hey, the next two replies to my post are two people who are ignored. Almost like they are rushing to the defense of someone they consider a part of their team.

How unusual!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #29
Terran
Evil Dead

A liberal who can't stand encountering opinions which differ from their own! How unusual! lolololol.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

How brave ignoring people that simply don't agree with him. BRAVE!
Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 AM   #31
Chief Smash
Subscriber

The funny thing is that people around here who are "on the same team" probably argue with each other more ferociously than they do anyone else.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Perhaps. It's just comical to see the act of posting from a timing / who's doing it / under what circumstances sense without the content. Almost like the content itself is irrelevant because everything else says so, so much.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #33
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
That would have been a better Toy Story 4.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Perhaps. It's just comical to see the act of posting from a timing / who's doing it / under what circumstances sense without the content. Almost like the content itself is irrelevant because everything else says so, so much.
Because it's a game, with teams! It's a sport. The ideas or content are secondary to the "outcome" of the dialogue. The plays are secondary to winning.

#WINNING!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Because it's a game, with teams! It's a sport. The ideas or content are secondary to the "outcome" of the dialogue. The plays are secondary to winning.

#WINNING!
It's interesting that you think ideology is simply a game. Do you want to live in a world with a Constitution and a Bill of Rights or do you want to live in a world like Cuba or Mexico? If you watched the DNC debate, you'd think they were actually running for the Mexican presidency.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
It's interesting that you think ideology is simply a game. Do you want to live in a world with a Constitution and a Bill of Rights or do you want to live in a world like Cuba or Mexico? If you watched the DNC debate, you'd think they were actually running for the Mexican presidency.
It is for most.

A pre formed set of notions NOT created by the individual would never meet all the checks of the individuals life experience, personal bias, logic, etc.

Yet somehow people are able to support a "team" whole-heartedly and without question, regardless of the issue.

You could argue one ideology does NOT meet all of your conditions of reason, but suits you more closely than another, but that doesn't negate the fact that at a 100% rate, in discussion on this website, some people's ideas always align with a particular pre-formed ideology. That can't be coincidence with how many different things have been argued for a decade plus on this website.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 06-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #37
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yet somehow people are able to support a "team" whole-heartedly and without question, regardless of the issue.
LOL. The 'team' here argues among its members constantly. The 'teams' politically are filled with more camps than an annual boy scout jamboree. Frankly, if this is your view of the world around you, you're not very interesting because you're not very intelligent.

You should go see a movie. You'll enjoy it!
Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 06:14 PM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It is for most.

A pre formed set of notions NOT created by the individual would never meet all the checks of the individuals life experience, personal bias, logic, etc.

You could argue one ideology does NOT meet all of your conditions of reason, but suits you more closely than another, but that doesn't negate the fact that at a 100% rate, in discussion on this website, some people's ideas always align with a particular pre-formed ideology. That can't be coincidence with how many different things have been argued for a decade plus on this website.
Seriously if you think just as one example Terran and I agree 100% on everything, you haven't been paying very much attention. Even Chief I would say is generally conservative for the most part and he certainly doesn't always agree with myself or Terran. That's a very narrow simple minded view to be honest. But I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever marxist tripe hollywood encourages you to watch next!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #39
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Seriously if you think just as one example Terran and I agree 100% on everything, you haven't been paying very much attention. Even Chief I would say is generally conservative for the most part and he certainly doesn't always agree with myself or Terran. That's a very narrow simple minded view to be honest. But I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever marxist tripe hollywood encourages you to watch next!
I view myself as very conservative and there's nobody I argue with here as much as Spec and Terran.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:19 AM   #40
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Hey, maybe I'm wrong. By the way, I've been on record a million times saying I hate the hollywood industry for the last decade. It's sugar and plastic garbage. Who's not paying attention?:P

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart