Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Books, Comics, Movies, Music, TV

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
New Death Stranding...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 12:17 AM
15 Replies, 1,107 Views
Soulcalibur VI announced...
Last post by Rommel
Today 12:01 AM
17 Replies, 1,104 Views
Enter The Oasis in the...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 11:49 PM
9 Replies, 477 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 11:02 PM
676 Replies, 65,934 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 10:09 PM
12 Replies, 782 Views
First Alita: Battle...
Last post by Major Dan
Yesterday 09:31 PM
35 Replies, 1,755 Views
Writer For The Witcher...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 09:00 PM
9 Replies, 507 Views
It's Sunday: What NFL...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 08:58 PM
6 Replies, 305 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,738
Justice League

I'm at the movies and will be watching it in a few minutes.

Got to watch it a couple days earlier.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 31,610
Blog Entries: 20
Nice. I plan to go see it on Saturday. I'm hearing it's pretty average, but that is about normal for the DC movies.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Nice. I plan to go see it on Saturday. I'm hearing it's pretty average, but that is about normal for the DC movies.
Just watched it. I thought it was great.

There is tension, emotion, there is a payoff. I like it.

I'm disliking marvel movies nowadays. There isn't a single moment of tension in then, no matter how strong their opponent seem to be, all there is are the jokes.

This is not a bad thing, it is just that is a delight to see a change of pace.

There are 2 bad parts of the movie.

The first 5 minutes. Where there are two instances of SJW bullshit. And the last 5 minutes because voice over narration is for people who can't tell a story through cinema, people that need to throw it at your face.

But except a few parts, it is pretty great. Action is great, there is a sense of dread, tension that builds, emotions that you feel. It is good to see a super hero movie making those things again.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
Just watched it. I thought it was great.

There is tension, emotion, there is a payoff. I like it.

I'm disliking marvel movies nowadays. There isn't a single moment of tension in then, no matter how strong their opponent seem to be, all there is are the jokes.

This is not a bad thing, it is just that is a delight to see a change of pace.

There are 2 bad parts of the movie.

The first 5 minutes. Where there are two instances of SJW bullshit. And the last 5 minutes because voice over narration is for people who can't tell a story through cinema, people that need to throw it at your face.

But except a few parts, it is pretty great. Action is great, there is a sense of dread, tension that builds, emotions that you feel. It is good to see a super hero movie making those things again.
You lost me when you said there is no tension in Marvel films.

The elevator scene in Winter Soldier and the car ride in Spider-Man are practically Hitchcock worthy.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Nice. I plan to go see it on Saturday. I'm hearing it's pretty average, but that is about normal for the DC movies.
I had almost zero interest, but I heard they use the Donner Superman score and echo the animated series Batman score and that made me slightly interested. Then I heard Superman has some great, real Superman scenes. That made me interested.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 AM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,456
Heading out to a 7 pm showing tonight with my wife (thanks, MoviePass, for the $160 of movies this month for a total of $20 out of pocket!). Hope it's good, but not expecting it to be, honestly. Too much dead weight in DC films. BvS was terrible. Like wading through mud.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 31,610
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
Just watched it. I thought it was great.

There is tension, emotion, there is a payoff. I like it.

I'm disliking marvel movies nowadays. There isn't a single moment of tension in then, no matter how strong their opponent seem to be, all there is are the jokes.

This is not a bad thing, it is just that is a delight to see a change of pace.

There are 2 bad parts of the movie.

The first 5 minutes. Where there are two instances of SJW bullshit. And the last 5 minutes because voice over narration is for people who can't tell a story through cinema, people that need to throw it at your face.

But except a few parts, it is pretty great. Action is great, there is a sense of dread, tension that builds, emotions that you feel. It is good to see a super hero movie making those things again.
Good to hear. I was pretty concerned when I read that Rotten Tomatoes is holding off on publishing review scores until Friday.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
Mitorofu
Someone's Dad
 
Mitorofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Good to hear. I was pretty concerned when I read that Rotten Tomatoes is holding off on publishing review scores until Friday.
Didn't that have more to do with them pushing their new facebook show thing than the movie itself?
Mitorofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 491
41% RT score and dropping. KEEP HITTING THOSE HOME RUNS!
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #10
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Good to hear. I was pretty concerned when I read that Rotten Tomatoes is holding off on publishing review scores until Friday.
I will caution you that if you loved Thor or the last Avengers, and didn't find any redeeming qualities in BvS, you may not like it.

I thought BvS was mediocre, but had many redeeming qualities on a poorly executed movie.

League has much of the same qualities, but is much better executed, so it is by any definition a much better movie.

Still it is VERY different from Marvel's movies. And I wouldn't want it any other way. We need diversity.

Edit: a lot of people scream that Hollywood is dead because it only rehashes movies, but criticize DC for taking another avenue than Marvel. So I say hypocrite. You may not like it, but to want it to copy Marvel is hypocritical.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 31,610
Blog Entries: 20
I liked Batman vs Superman. Sure it has some flaws and it's a bit long, but it's still a good film with a great battle between Batman and Superman. And while I just loath the ending battle of Wonder Woman, it also introduced Gal Gadot to us.

I thought Thor was great too. It's a comedy for sure, but in a good way. The last Avengers movie is watchable, but not much more.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #12
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
41% RT score and dropping. KEEP HITTING THOSE HOME RUNS!
"Here is a nice piece of shit."
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,456
Quote:
I liked Batman vs Superman. Sure it has some flaws and it's a bit long...
A BIT long? I had family members begin careers, retire, and die during the span of the damn thing. It was absolute agony. I can't remember another film that felt as oppressive and painful as that one. Ever. And I've seen Caddyshack 2 and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in the theater.

OMG, it was awful.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #14
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,738
And don't forget that in Marvel fashion there are TWO post credit scenes.

One after a short credit and one after the long one.

And I think the last one is a spoiler for the next Batman movie.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
41% RT score and dropping. KEEP HITTING THOSE HOME RUNS!
And the score in IMDB sits at 8/10. Which is a score I would agree with.

Meta sits at 49, but we all know a lot of reviews are paid for so I don't care about reviews, I care more about one of the evavers opinion 1000000x more.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 31,610
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
And the score in IMDB sits at 8/10. Which is a score I would agree with.

Meta sits at 49, but we all know a lot of reviews are paid for so I don't care about reviews, I care more about one of the evavers opinion 1000000x more.


I'm doing my part!
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
I will caution you that if you loved Thor or the last Avengers, and didn't find any redeeming qualities in BvS, you may not like it.

I thought BvS was mediocre, but had many redeeming qualities on a poorly executed movie.

League has much of the same qualities, but is much better executed, so it is by any definition a much better movie.

Still it is VERY different from Marvel's movies. And I wouldn't want it any other way. We need diversity.

Edit: a lot of people scream that Hollywood is dead because it only rehashes movies, but criticize DC for taking another avenue than Marvel. So I say hypocrite. You may not like it, but to want it to copy Marvel is hypocritical.
They are all identical by-the-numbers garbage for stupid people. The same team dynamics with the same phony clash of boring egos, followed by a cringe worthy emotional hook, and a big bad monster with a laser in the sky. It's fast food movie making. The Call of Duties of movie franchises. Logan is the one example (aside possibly from Deadpool) that should be the slap in the face waking everyone up.

40% now.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
They are all identical by-the-numbers garbage for stupid people. The same team dynamics with the same phony clash of boring egos, followed by a cringe worthy emotional hook, and a big bad monster with a laser in the sky. It's fast food movie making. The Call of Duties of movie franchises. Logan is the one example (aside possibly from Deadpool) that should be the slap in the face waking everyone up.

40% now.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #19
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 31,610
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
They are all identical by-the-numbers garbage for stupid people. The same team dynamics with the same phony clash of boring egos, followed by a cringe worthy emotional hook, and a big bad monster with a laser in the sky. It's fast food movie making. The Call of Duties of movie franchises. Logan is the one example (aside possibly from Deadpool) that should be the slap in the face waking everyone up.

40% now.


Burn the witch!
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 491
37% RT
47% Metacritic

A NEW CLASSIC
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM.