Last post by Terran
Yesterday 08:58 PM
6 Replies, 305 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Justice League

I'm at the movies and will be watching it in a few minutes.

Got to watch it a couple days earlier.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Nice. I plan to go see it on Saturday. I'm hearing it's pretty average, but that is about normal for the DC movies.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Nice. I plan to go see it on Saturday. I'm hearing it's pretty average, but that is about normal for the DC movies.
Just watched it. I thought it was great.

There is tension, emotion, there is a payoff. I like it.

I'm disliking marvel movies nowadays. There isn't a single moment of tension in then, no matter how strong their opponent seem to be, all there is are the jokes.

This is not a bad thing, it is just that is a delight to see a change of pace.

There are 2 bad parts of the movie.

The first 5 minutes. Where there are two instances of SJW bullshit. And the last 5 minutes because voice over narration is for people who can't tell a story through cinema, people that need to throw it at your face.

But except a few parts, it is pretty great. Action is great, there is a sense of dread, tension that builds, emotions that you feel. It is good to see a super hero movie making those things again.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post

I'm disliking marvel movies nowadays. There isn't a single moment of tension in then, no matter how strong their opponent seem to be, all there is are the jokes.

The first 5 minutes. Where there are two instances of SJW bullshit. And the last 5 minutes because voice over narration is for people who can't tell a story through cinema, people that need to throw it at your face.

But except a few parts, it is pretty great. Action is great, there is a sense of dread, tension that builds, emotions that you feel. It is good to see a super hero movie making those things again.
You lost me when you said there is no tension in Marvel films.

The elevator scene in Winter Soldier and the car ride in Spider-Man are practically Hitchcock worthy.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
I had almost zero interest, but I heard they use the Donner Superman score and echo the animated series Batman score and that made me slightly interested. Then I heard Superman has some great, real Superman scenes. That made me interested.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 AM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Heading out to a 7 pm showing tonight with my wife (thanks, MoviePass, for the $160 of movies this month for a total of $20 out of pocket!). Hope it's good, but not expecting it to be, honestly. Too much dead weight in DC films. BvS was terrible. Like wading through mud.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

Good to hear. I was pretty concerned when I read that Rotten Tomatoes is holding off on publishing review scores until Friday.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
Mitorofu
Someone's Dad

Quote:
Good to hear. I was pretty concerned when I read that Rotten Tomatoes is holding off on publishing review scores until Friday.
Didn't that have more to do with them pushing their new facebook show thing than the movie itself?
Mitorofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

41% RT score and dropping. KEEP HITTING THOSE HOME RUNS!
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #10
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
I will caution you that if you loved Thor or the last Avengers, and didn't find any redeeming qualities in BvS, you may not like it.

I thought BvS was mediocre, but had many redeeming qualities on a poorly executed movie.

League has much of the same qualities, but is much better executed, so it is by any definition a much better movie.

Still it is VERY different from Marvel's movies. And I wouldn't want it any other way. We need diversity.

Edit: a lot of people scream that Hollywood is dead because it only rehashes movies, but criticize DC for taking another avenue than Marvel. So I say hypocrite. You may not like it, but to want it to copy Marvel is hypocritical.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I liked Batman vs Superman. Sure it has some flaws and it's a bit long, but it's still a good film with a great battle between Batman and Superman. And while I just loath the ending battle of Wonder Woman, it also introduced Gal Gadot to us.

I thought Thor was great too. It's a comedy for sure, but in a good way. The last Avengers movie is watchable, but not much more.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #12
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
"Here is a nice piece of shit."
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I liked Batman vs Superman. Sure it has some flaws and it's a bit long...
A BIT long? I had family members begin careers, retire, and die during the span of the damn thing. It was absolute agony. I can't remember another film that felt as oppressive and painful as that one. Ever. And I've seen Caddyshack 2 and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in the theater.

OMG, it was awful.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #14
Jotoco
Evil Dead

And don't forget that in Marvel fashion there are TWO post credit scenes.

One after a short credit and one after the long one.

And I think the last one is a spoiler for the next Batman movie.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
And the score in IMDB sits at 8/10. Which is a score I would agree with.

Meta sits at 49, but we all know a lot of reviews are paid for so I don't care about reviews, I care more about one of the evavers opinion 1000000x more.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
And the score in IMDB sits at 8/10. Which is a score I would agree with.

Meta sits at 49, but we all know a lot of reviews are paid for so I don't care about reviews, I care more about one of the evavers opinion 1000000x more.

I'm doing my part!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
I will caution you that if you loved Thor or the last Avengers, and didn't find any redeeming qualities in BvS, you may not like it.

I thought BvS was mediocre, but had many redeeming qualities on a poorly executed movie.

League has much of the same qualities, but is much better executed, so it is by any definition a much better movie.

Still it is VERY different from Marvel's movies. And I wouldn't want it any other way. We need diversity.

Edit: a lot of people scream that Hollywood is dead because it only rehashes movies, but criticize DC for taking another avenue than Marvel. So I say hypocrite. You may not like it, but to want it to copy Marvel is hypocritical.
They are all identical by-the-numbers garbage for stupid people. The same team dynamics with the same phony clash of boring egos, followed by a cringe worthy emotional hook, and a big bad monster with a laser in the sky. It's fast food movie making. The Call of Duties of movie franchises. Logan is the one example (aside possibly from Deadpool) that should be the slap in the face waking everyone up.

40% now.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
They are all identical by-the-numbers garbage for stupid people. The same team dynamics with the same phony clash of boring egos, followed by a cringe worthy emotional hook, and a big bad monster with a laser in the sky. It's fast food movie making. The Call of Duties of movie franchises. Logan is the one example (aside possibly from Deadpool) that should be the slap in the face waking everyone up.

40% now.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #19
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

40% now.

Burn the witch!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

37% RT
47% Metacritic

A NEW CLASSIC