Last post by bub64882
Yesterday 05:20 PM
16 Replies, 849 Views

Old 11-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #41
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrizziTx View Post
I think its because it took gamers time to get their heads around the p2w ideas and practices, at first gamers as a whole didn't know how to treat p2w in their payed for games back in 2015.

As time progressed, the gamers understanding of this trend grew to a point where now gamers know how p2w is abusive, they see it sink into too many payed games, they understand how it hurts them and they found a common high profile game to raise an uproar against, namely SW BF II, maybe even against a company that is very recognized with it, EA.

So in that accord I'd say that people jumped on the protest wagon not specifically against SW BF II, but rather against the entire idea of p2w abuse as a whole where SW BF II happened to be an easy target in this point in time.

And @Evil, I totally agree here that you are too lenient in this regard, I get why you defend SW BF II and it seems you are right according to what you described, I for one have no interest in this game, but you as a gamer, much like me, has a lot to gain from such practices being toned down or even vanishing from our games (I guess that's a euphoric dream), EA do not deserve any defense from you.
So then, I fail to see where I'm wrong in stating that this is a move in a positive direction compared to the Battlefront (2015)?

Now I'm not saying I want these systems at all. Hell I'd like all content up front and unlocked (I paid for it after all) and I want more free content in the future. But, that doesn't seem to be a realistic expectation these days, so we work with what we have.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #42
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

So first sales reports sound like they took a massive hit. At least in the UK they have sold half the comparable launch numbers of BF1 from two years ago. The expected 14 million units by 2018 is a hopeless pipe dream. DICE employees should be getting their resumes together.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #43
Terran
Evil Dead

You don't get a second chance at a first impression. Really too bad. EA is to blame, as usual. The same folks that fought MS with the original Xbrick so they could retain the ability to shut their games online functionality down (and won) continues to be a true bastard.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #44
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
So first sales reports sound like they took a massive hit. At least in the UK they have sold half the comparable launch numbers of BF1 from two years ago. The expected 14 million units by 2018 is a hopeless pipe dream. DICE employees should be getting their resumes together.
Wasn't that just for physical sales?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #45
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Yeah, it was. Tracking digital purchases tends a tad more difficult, due to reporting. Still, I'd wager the hit in sales is significant enough; I doubt that many people would have opted for the digital version over the physical.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #46
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Physical sales are still more than digital (especially consoles). There's virtually no way in 2 years the majority of consumers have switched to digital just for this game. More likely the digital sales of SWBF2 suffered a similar hit.

When EA comes out with their predictable self congratulatory marketing lies touting "10 million units sold!" don't fall for it. That's millions of units less than what they expected. Million of dollars they will not have for next year's planned expenses. Big cuts will be made in 2018.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dice, disney, ea games, electronic arts, star wars battlefront 2