Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,855 Views

Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Terran
Evil Dead

South Park Has its Balls Back

South Park takes on China. They are now officially 'banned' in China.

Worth a watch. They've spent a lot of time over the past bunch of years pulling punches, but this episode shows when they want to make a point, they're willing to hammer it home without regard to the consequences.

They also apologized for any offense taken. LOL!

In other profiles in courage, the brave NBA apologized to China for the sheer temerity of one of its owners standing with Hong Kong for freedom. And they did it even more abjectly and spinelessly in Chinese than in English, so they could hide it from Americans.

They bent the knee as fast as could possibly be done, including the Rockets exec who 'stood with Hong Kong for freedom' only long enough to collapse to his knees in humiliating servitude.

Boycott these cowardly little shits. Same for Hollywood. So courageous! So brave! Kneeling for the American flag in disrespect 'cuz reasons!' and then begging to be able to earn the almighty renminbi in China whatever the cost. Ten times the NBA got political before bowing to communist China. Communist China abusing Muslims.

Hit them where it hurt$. It's the only lesson they will listen to or learn from.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

To be honest, I found the episode a little on the nose, but good for them regardless.

I've always kept up with South Park and Matt Stone/Trey Parker will always get my eyes on anything.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I found the episode a little on the nose
A fair critique. They were not subtle at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #4
Eats
Developer

I thought this episode was pretty good. I'm not sure what you are talking about with pulling punches though.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Crawl out from under that rock you live under, perhaps.

For one, they (and Comedy Central) censored criticism (or even portrayal) of Muhammad after fundies complained.

They also have a long history of avoiding poking any fun at feminists, as evidenced by their repeated sympathetic portrayals of them...and they loudly tout that they aren't on anyone's side, but this is a side they appear to have taken.

Why don't you go bugger off and solve climate change or something, eh?
Quote:
Old 10-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #6
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
For one, they (and Comedy Central) censored criticism (or even portrayal) of Muhammad after fundies complained.
Hold on, didn't Trey and Matt make an episode and comedy central then censored it? That doesn't seem like it would count.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/south...censo_n_547484

“I think Comedy Central totally fucking pussed out. Now, they weren’t any different than anyone else, so it’s not like you can single them out. But I think it would’ve been an important statement for one media outlet in America to stand up. That was one of my most disappointing moments as an American—the American press’s reaction to the Muhammad cartoons. It was completely wimpy. Cartoonists, people who do satire—we’re not in the army, we’re never going to be fucking drafted and this is our time to stand up and do the right thing. And to watch the New York Times, Comedy Central, everybody just go ‘No, we’re not going to do it because basically we’re afraid of getting bombed’ sucked. I was so disappointed.”
Old 10-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #7
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They also have a long history of avoiding poking any fun at feminists, as evidenced by their repeated sympathetic portrayals of them...and they loudly tout that they aren't on anyone's side, but this is a side they appear to have taken.
What about strong woman and the PC babies? I mean it is hard to gauge if they don't attack them "enough" when there are so many targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2TBIEBdiRA

I mean most topical comedy these days is all Trump all the time. South Park rarely uses Garrison/Trump, and only when they have something worth saying usually. It is meaningful when they use him, unlike every other topical comedy show.

Heidi was a sympathetic portrayal of someone getting radicalized. I don't think that means they are on the side of anti-semites/extremists.

Last edited by Eats; 10-07-2019 at 09:50 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 04:44 AM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hold on, didn't Trey and Matt make an episode and comedy central then censored it? That doesn't seem like it would count.
Sure as hell counts. It's their show and they allowed that to happen. Don't try excusing it as someone else's fault. THEY have creative control and they allowed it to go on air censored. The buck stops with them.

Quote:
I mean most topical comedy these days is all Trump all the time.
I was referring to a longer period of time than your TDS onset and affliction, lol.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 05:14 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
What about strong woman and the PC babies? I mean it is hard to gauge if they don't attack them "enough" when there are so many targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2TBIEBdiRA

I mean most topical comedy these days is all Trump all the time. South Park rarely uses Garrison/Trump, and only when they have something worth saying usually. It is meaningful when they use him, unlike every other topical comedy show.

Heidi was a sympathetic portrayal of someone getting radicalized. I don't think that means they are on the side of anti-semites/extremists.
And you would sure know about being radicalized, wouldn't you Comrade?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:46 AM   #10
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yea Eats goes on about da jooz ruining everything all the time. Oh wait..
Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 AM   #11
Eats
Developer

Quote:
It is incredible that you are so out of touch with reality that you think I am the radical person here. I guess I'm the only moderate that you interact with?

I'm sure you will follow up with an insane response to this, but you really need to step outside of your bubble more often.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #12
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Meanwhile Blizzard has punished a Hearthstone Grandmaster for supporting the Hong Kong protestors in an interview, as well as firing the two news casters involved.

Blizzard's blog post.

And a link to the interview (in Chinese, so probably not very useful)
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #13
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It is incredible that you are so out of touch with reality that you think I am the radical person here. I guess I'm the only moderate that you interact with?

I'm sure you will follow up with an insane response to this, but you really need to step outside of your bubble more often.
You practically worship at the DNC altar. Let's be real here.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Meanwhile Blizzard has punished a Hearthstone Grandmaster for supporting the Hong Kong protestors in an interview, as well as firing the two news casters involved.

Blizzard's blog post.

And a link to the interview (in Chinese, so probably not very useful)
This is the totalitarian shit you proggies so love though. Group think, punishing those who don't believe how you do, loss of employment etc. Rejoice!
Old 10-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #15
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Yes, that's why I posted it here, to demonstrate just how much I love it. You dumbass.

And of course I'm so progressive that I for instance:

-Support gun rights
-Don't believe climate change bullshit
-Hate Hillary
-Want tighter immigration laws

I'm European you moron, trying to fit me into a neat little label based on the American two party system doesn't actually work because I despise both sides to some extent.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yes, that's why I posted it here, to demonstrate just how much I love it. You dumbass.

And of course I'm so progressive that I for instance:

-Support gun rights
-Don't believe climate change bullshit
-Hate Hillary
-Want tighter immigration laws

I'm European you moron, trying to fit me into a neat little label based on the American two party system doesn't actually work because I despise both sides to some extent.
I know you're European, doesn't make you any less of a cucked proggy. Though you're one ahead at least you don't buy into the AGW Cult of Climate.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #17
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Oh no, a racist piece of shit dumbass thinks I'm a cucked proggy, whatever will I do.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #18
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
I guess I'm the only moderate that you interact with?
It's amazing how many lib check boxes you mark off.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #19
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

A company and organization has every right to protect their business. When so much of their business comes from China, like the NBA where one article mentioned there are more NBA fans in China than people in the US and Blizzard where half their revenue, if not more, comes from China.

Blizzard & the NBA, and many other companies not in the news for this shit, have a lot to lose of China stomps on them and they've demonstrated with South Park just how capable they are of erasing your existence (or the existence of your product) if you piss off the commies. I mean, 23 years of South Park GONE! The double-standard where they feel fine getting political in the US vs. China is perhaps one of the best examples of how America and the Judeo-Christian values make the US so much better a country!

The Government can't squash a company or person who chooses to exercise or endorse a political stance. You won't have people threatening to kill and bomb you if you make fun of Jesus instead of Mohammad. 1st world values and enlightenment ftw.

Good for South Park, though I would hazard a guess their China episode isn't any worst or offensive than some of their other stuff, their other stuff just happened to touch on things happening in free countries.

And Blizzard and the NBA should thank the Founders of the Nation that they exist in a space where they can have such incredible double standards where they can complain about imagined misogyny in video games or boycott a state for requiring biological sexes to use their own bathrooms (in government buildings, no private company what harmed by this policy) yet be OK with people being shot, blinded, put in REAL concentration camps, and horrifically abused in dozens or hundreds of other ways by the People's Republic of China.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #20
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
You practically worship at the DNC altar. Let's be real here.
When he said that he isn't a radical he meant he is completely sure and without any self reflection his ideology is, thee one.

Emotion, self conflict = radical apparently.

Quote:
Oh no, a racist

Sigh...Its just over dude, stop.