ReadySet Heroes Launches...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:39 PM
2 Replies, 145 Views

Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

The dog days of summer seem to be be here. But that doesn't matter as long as there are games to be played! What are you playing?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
LostToys
Evil Dead

Finished Judgment and playing a little of the Senran Kagura Peach Ball pinball game on the Switc. May download something like Crackdown 3 on the PC since I have Xbox Game Pass and need to kill some time as I wait for the release of Ultimate Alliance 3 next week.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Playing some more Rocket League, sending down unworthy players in sacrifice of my rank. Fuck em.

On a side note, one of my close childhood friends attended the President's Social Media Summit as an honored guest. He's actually extremely influential (although I can't name him) and we've been chatting back and forth about it. He kept it secret until it happened, sending me a pic of him speaking with DT along with Kelly Ann.

It's so surreal to type that.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Started a new play through of Skyrim on the Switch. The game looks and plays great on the system.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Finished Judgment and playing a little of the Senran Kagura Peach Ball pinball game on the Switc. May download something like Crackdown 3 on the PC since I have Xbox Game Pass and need to kill some time as I wait for the release of Ultimate Alliance 3 next week.
Crackdown 3 was a ton of fun. I played it until there was nothing left to do, which took a long time. Being able to play it on PC or Xbox was convenient as well. Hope you enjoy! I heard they added wings to the characters so you can glide around the city like Batman in the Arkham games. Need to check that out.

I'm just playing PUBG, BLOPS 4 (PUBG mode), and I got a raspberry pi with tens of thousands of games on it so I've been going through that, which is insanely fun.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #6
LostToys
Evil Dead

I am super glad I did not purchase Crackdown 3. I literally beat it in just two nights and there is absolutely no reason to do finish off collecting all the orbs and racing events because there is no content that requires you to have a max build. By the first night I was level 3 (out of 6, but 6 is like overkill on your capabilities) and could do all the content without any kind of hardship.

The game was otherwise fun to play, but it burned out too quickly and with nothing to really bring me back into the fold. If they had world destruction, for example, or post game challenges, like bases being rebuilt and I had to play them over again but with much higher difficulty enemies, then I could see myself playing more. As it is, I will likely just uninstall it and move onto something new.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #7
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Finished 100%ing Bloodstained today

100% Map
Level 99
Familiar level 99
Every item
Every recipe
Every technique
Every journal entry
Beat the game on all 3 difficulties
Beat boss rush on all 3 difficulties
Every shard
Every achievement
Every quest completed
Every monster in the bestiary

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:51 PM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Finished 100%ing Bloodstained today

100% Map
Level 99
Familiar level 99
Every item
Every recipe
Every technique
Every journal entry
Beat the game on all 3 difficulties
Beat boss rush on all 3 difficulties
Every shard
Every achievement
Every quest completed
Every monster in the bestiary

YOU MADMAN!

I'm at 99,2% map completion.

All quests from Abigail are done, nearly done withe the recipe quests.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I was a bit off schedule this weekend, so I spent most of my free time reading. I dug through Go Tanabe's At the Mountains of Madness. It's one of my favorite stories of all time and it's fantastic to see it get such a killer adaptation.

The second volume comes out in October.

When I finished that one, I started reading I am a Hero. It's off to a good start. I like how they really give you a good sense of what it's like to be a 30's unmarried Japanese guy. Good stuff. And there is a ton of volumes.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:03 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
YOU MADMAN!

I'm at 99,2% map completion.

All quests from Abigail are done, nearly done withe the recipe quests.
Nice man!

I hope you find the optional boss fight with a certain NPC....

It's pretty brutal, but the reward is outstanding

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:19 PM   #11
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
I am super glad I did not purchase Crackdown 3. I literally beat it in just two nights and there is absolutely no reason to do finish off collecting all the orbs and racing events because there is no content that requires you to have a max build.
2 nights? I played that game for at least 3 weeks! I am confused, but maybe you just went hardcore for the story mode? I cleared out each part of the map as much as possible before fighting the bosses. That's how I play open world games usually, I don't want to see any "unfinished business" icons on the damn map!

Go Against the Flow.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
2 nights? I played that game for at least 3 weeks! I am confused, but maybe you just went hardcore for the story mode? I cleared out each part of the map as much as possible before fighting the bosses. That's how I play open world games usually, I don't want to see any "unfinished business" icons on the damn map!
Since there is no pinging system to find orbs, I primarily played the game by doing everything that showed up in my mini/overworld map while grabbing whatever orbs and stunt locations I ran across. Before each boss I would take out the subboss and any secondary objectives as well. Like you, I do not like seeing anything uncleared (white) so I made sure everything was blue in each section before I moved on. So by the time the credits rolled, I was Level 5ed out, except for driving (because fuck driving in this game).

The main issue with the game is that unlocks are not gated by anything like time, ability level, or story progression. So within the first hour I had my primary weapon (Pulse Beam) and used explosive weapons as my secondary. Since I was also leveling up so quickly, I quickly received ability perks based on firearm, explosive and strength levels, so there was no real content in the game that proved to be a major hindrance.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Huh, I still have it installed, I'll have to jump back in just to jog my memory as to how I spent so much time with it. I do remember at the end being disappointed that there was nothing left to do because I would've continued playing.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #14
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Huh, I still have it installed, I'll have to jump back in just to jog my memory as to how I spent so much time with it. I do remember at the end being disappointed that there was nothing left to do because I would've continued playing.
The total lack of side content is really what makes the game fun to play, but no longevity. Just resetting the security points and respawning the bosses and enforcers would easily give players incentives to try to max character stats because there is still content available that would take advantage of their additional bonuses.