Pure Evil - Heroes of...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 02:29 PM
28 Replies, 1,755 Views

Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

For many students, summer vacation starts in earnest this 3 day weekend. That is a lot of gaming time. What are you playing this weekend?

It is not just once a year, but it is everyday - we remember all of our buddies that didn't make it home. Semper Fi.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I'm going to play some Galactic Civilizations III, Wolfenstein II and Project Cars 2.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Today I celebrate my birthday with tons of friends, alcohol and our annual rock band till you can't sing anymore-palooza!

Of course EA was the first to wish me happy birthday because all of you rock!

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
HB_IKE
Evil Dead

God of War 3!
I'm still in this ... few hours a week makes the game really difficult to master
HB_IKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
cjrizzo
Reaper

For me, it's Curse of the Moon and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for Switch, with maybe a little bit of the OnRush demo and God Of War on the side...
Old 05-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast

Been jumping back into Titanfall 2's PvP this past week & really enjoying it. So it will be more TF2 along with some Dark Souls Remastered over the long weekend.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

I got God of War (PS4) today through Gamefly, but I plan on playing more Yakuza 6. Have no idea when I will finish that game because, I shit you not, I spent all of last evening (4 hours) running around trying to find goddamn cats to feed in order to "recruit" them into a Cat Cafe. Shit like this is what makes the Yakuza games so special to me, so I have no real desire to just rush through it so I can move on to something else.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Path of Exile...but now that it's been bought out (80% 'investment' as described by GGG, lol@lying euphemisms) by Tencent I'm not sure I want to continue playing it.

Ugh.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I think I'm going to fire up one of the Forza games.
Some SHMUPS too!
Old 05-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #10
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

I'm playing a lot of things right now.

On Switch, I'm playing:
Battle Chasers Nightwar - It a really fun game with great turn based combat.
Bloodstained: Curse of the moon - haven't booted it up yet but looking forward to it.

PS4:
God of War - I played the first couple of hours, but haven't gone back yet. Seems good though.
Detroit - Played the first couple hours last night, and will play more tonight.

PC:
State of Decay 2 - it not nearly as bad as some of the reviews I've seen. Its actually a lot of fun. And I couldn't get into the first one so I'm surprised.

Far Cry 5 - after spending 115 hours on it on Xbox, I've started playing again on PC. Love the game.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Doom

Xbox:
WWE 2K18
COD WWII

Go Against the Flow.

Xbox/Steam: Inkabodcrane
Current rig: i7 6700, GTX 1080 ti, 32 gb DDR4
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #11
TheHulk
Evil Dead

Never played any of the Dark Souls games so thinking about picking up the new DS1 Remastered. I'm sure I'll give up fast but kinda hyped on it. Maybe start on Zelda and Fallout 4. Going to try and knockout some of the backlog for the summer.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:22 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I went on an old games binge and picked up Prey for $15, Battlefield 1 for $7 and The Evil Within for $12. So, I have tones of stuff to play through. I’ll just do the campaign on Battlefield 1, I don’t care much about the multiplayer. I played the air campaign and it was really disappointing. 5 missions total, only 3 of them where you fly, the other two you were on the ground? Dumb. The story was good, but I wanted to be a flyboy.

Right now I’m back to playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. I never got that far in the game the first time so I’m having fun with it and since the gameplay is pretty similar to God of War, it’s a nice game to go back to after finishing God of War. I’m getting pretty good at killing the dinosaur robots, I’m able to take out like 6 or 8 of them at a time without getting creamed. You run into some pretty big packs in a few places with raptors guarding other mean dinosaurs.

I haven’t really done anything with Prey except load up the intro. The first level looks pretty bad, like a PS3 game in terms of detail. I wonder if they started it on the PS3 and finished it up on the PS4? They were working on Dishonored 2 at the time and that was a PS3 game, so that seems possible.

I still want to go back and finish up Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 at some point and now I’m in the mood for Space Marine since that new Warhammer 40K update came out. I got a code for that one, so I may play it this weekend and try to write up some impressions.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Never played any of the Dark Souls games so thinking about picking up the new DS1 Remastered. I'm sure I'll give up fast but kinda hyped on it. Maybe start on Zelda and Fallout 4. Going to try and knockout some of the backlog for the summer.
My son is playing that one co-op with a buddy. The graphics are a little dated at this point, but it seems like he is having a lot of fun. Heís pretty into it, he really knows where things are and how to kill the bosses. I just kinda would wing it when I was playing and thatís not really a good strategy.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #14
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Finishing up Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion. It set a new bar for expansion packs. As much and sometimes more content than full RPGs I've played recently. A seemingly impossible new standard for future releases to meet. I guess I'll try the New Game + mode at the highest difficulty. There's a lot I can do differently and supposedly there's like a dozen endings.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Just finished a second campaign playthrough of Battletech, patches are coming, more content is coming, best 40 bucks I've spent in ages.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #16
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Just finished a second campaign playthrough of Battletech, patches are coming, more content is coming, best 40 bucks I've spent in ages.
I picked that up a week or two ago, it's a pretty fun game. Need to get back to it, actually.

Go Against the Flow.

Xbox/Steam: Inkabodcrane
Current rig: i7 6700, GTX 1080 ti, 32 gb DDR4
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote