16 Replies, 1,321 Views
Sony is Skipping E3 2019
Last post by Chief Smash
11-17-2018 08:37 PM
20 Replies, 1,133 Views

Old 10-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Red Dead Redemption 2: PS4/PS4 Pro vs Xbox One/Xbox One X - Every Console Tested!

Congrats Microsoft: Looks like the XBOX One X is the clear winner!
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think PlayStation 4 owners are the real winners, because they get to play Red Dead Redemption 2... and all the other PlayStation exclusives!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
BillyWilliamton
Lord

XBONEX is some great hardware but microsoft hasnt given me a good reason to come back since my 360 died.
BillyWilliamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I think PlayStation 4 owners are the real winners, because they get to play Red Dead Redemption 2... and all the other PlayStation exclusives!
I swear if there is a next gen after this and you switch back to xbox all these PS praise fests I'm going to save just for funs.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I swear if there is a next gen after this and you switch back to xbox all these PS praise fests I'm going to save just for funs.
I would switch back in a second if Microsoft got their shit together like they did during the 360 era. I'm not a fan of any specific system, I'm a fan of what I can get on that system.

I abandoned the 360 because of the RROD and so it was natural to move to the PS4 pro instead of the Xbox One, which turned out to be a great decision because PS4 is where all the exclusives are.

But, if MS got their shit together and started to crank out killer exclusives, I would certainly go back.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I'll also add that Microsoft was always good to us in the beginning. In the Xbox 1 era and at the beginning of the 360, they totally supported our page with hardware and games. They only stopped when they took their PR in-house and the in-house people didn't want to support anything except the biggest sites.

Now that they are back to using an external PR company, we get games again but I still don't really know who to talk to about getting hooked up with the hardware. I haven't really followed up on it because they keep releasing everything on PC, so I can at least try stuff even if I don't play it much.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I would switch back in a second if Microsoft got their shit together like they did during the 360 era. I'm not a fan of any specific system, I'm a fan of what I can get on that system.

I abandoned the 360 because of the RROD and so it was natural to move to the PS4 pro instead of the Xbox One, which turned out to be a great decision because PS4 is where all the exclusives are.

But, if MS got their shit together and started to crank out killer exclusives, I would certainly go back.
Just giving ya crap, I agree with you 100% actually, while I'm pretty PC Centric these days, if either MS or Sony had stuff I reallly NEEDED to play that I couldn't get on PC I'd own all 3, just the PC and PS4 at the moment.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Let me know if the controls are tighter then the original, because I really didn’t like them.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Only a few more hours!!!
Old 10-26-2018, 01:01 AM   #10
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Ha, nice try. I have a Pro and an X, so I get to play it on the best system, and not miss any exclusives. Although I don't see the big deal about most of PS4's exclusives, the only ones I've played to completion are Until Dawn, Killzone Shadow Fall, MLB the Show, and Yakuza Zero. I've bought most, if not all of them (except Spiderman, which I will), and just struggle to get into them.

Anyways, on to RDR2!

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:38 AM   #11
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Ha, nice try. I have a Pro and an X, so I get to play it on the best system, and not miss any exclusives. Although I don't see the big deal about most of PS4's exclusives, the only ones I've played to completion are Until Dawn, Killzone Shadow Fall, MLB the Show, and Yakuza Zero.
Play God of War... nuff said.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:51 AM   #12
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Looking at the Eurogamer article and their comparison tool, it looks like the order from best to worst is:
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
PS4
Xbox One S

The native 4k on the 1X really makes for some crisp visuals. But comparing the top two, playing on the two base consoles looks to be rather unfortunate.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:56 AM   #13
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
It's sitting on my shelf. I tried. Hopefully someday I'll try again and it'll grab me. I'm not lying when I say the PS4 exclusives haven't impressed me. Horizon did for about 10 hours, but I got bored of that too. Idk. It's just the way it is.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #14
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
It's sitting on my shelf. I tried. Hopefully someday I'll try again and it'll grab me. I'm not lying when I say the PS4 exclusives haven't impressed me. Horizon did for about 10 hours, but I got bored of that too. Idk. It's just the way it is.
10 hours is not enoug for any of these games. i find most games take about double then i am hooked and cant stop. witcher 3 even took some time but once hooked i played probably for a few hundred hours.

horizon zero dawn was same.

i am tempted tomwait this one out for a PC release, but only if HDR is confirmed

imhave a sweet 1080Ti rig that is largely an HTPC running Jriver to my 4K OLED set but it is begging for a game.

i can wait...
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #15
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

If 10 hours isn't enough to grab you then there's got to be some problem with the game. Maybe that's the opinion of th me that has a short attention span for games or maybe it's the old me that wants to fall asleep as soon as the kids go to bed.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
If 10 hours isn't enough to grab you then there's got to be some problem with the game. Maybe that's the opinion of th me that has a short attention span for games or maybe it's the old me that wants to fall asleep as soon as the kids go to bed.
No...you're kinda right.

If a game hasn't been able to capture your attention over the same span of time as an average work day, it's probably just not going to be your thing.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #17
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I'll add to that but shorten it even more. If a game can't grab me in 1-2 hours of play, it's not worth my time.

There's no reason a game shouldn't be fun right off the bat, that's literally what games are for. I don't get the sentiment that you first have to not have fun, in order to have fun.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I'll add to that but shorten it even more. If a game can't grab me in 1-2 hours of play, it's not worth my time.

There's no reason a game shouldn't be fun right off the bat, that's literally what games are for. I don't get the sentiment that you first have to not have fun, in order to have fun.
I feel the same but I also understand that some games need to spend an hour or two showing you how to play etc. Of course even this intro period should at least be fun. But there are some JRPGs out there that some would consider classic and don't get going for quite a while.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #19
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

Pc and ps4 both have way too many games to play, i do not have room for xbone or a switch in my life, the ps4 backlog is insane.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
No thanks I'm actually with him, most of the PS "exclusives" have been pretty meh to me. HZD bored me to tears and I was excited to play it but it didn't grab me at all either. No interest in GOW at all never liked that series. Seriously my PS4 has been just sitting here collecting dust for about the past year.

Tags
metal jesus, microsoft, ps4, sony, xbox