29 Replies, 1,194 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 07:48 AM
244 Replies, 74,316 Views

Old 12-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Merry Christmas from Frank Underwood (and Evil Avatar)

Kevin Spacey shares another bizarre Christmas video as House of Cards character.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

This guy wants his career back.

At the same time, I can't blame him. #MeToo felt like a shrapnel grenade of bottled up emotions blowing up and taking out anyone remotely close to its epicenter. The tight networks of those celebrity circles, with people working on each others projects or attending social engagements, meant there was lots of potential to get caught up. At first it was hopeful, but now it seems like it did more cultural harm than good, even if big targets like Weinstein and Lauer got taken out. I'd read articles over the months after #MeToo hit which described the chilling effect on professional relationships between the different genders.

Spacey being apologetic at first and being more forthcoming about what might have happened... 20 years ago?... wasn't the same stonewall you saw from other, more guilty parties. Al Franken was another sacrificial lamb.

I see old roles of Spacey's and he's a solid actor. It may be a Polanski defense, but I don't think the parallel is quite there. I wouldn't mind spending a week in this guy's life just to see what the fuck. Has anyone profiled him yet in the last year? I would be surprised if someone has not.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...e-kevin-spacey
Quote:
"Talese, visibly agitated, pressed on: 'I would like to ask [Spacey] how it feels to lose a lifetime of success and hard work all because of 10 minutes of indiscretion 10 years or more ago.'"
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
I don't think he's going to get it back for a while yet. He is still sort of radioactive and that persists based on my first reaction to this video was "bold move for a pedo." And I am a big Spacey fan starting with when I first saw Swimming with Sharks decades ago.

Quote:
I'd read articles over the months after #MeToo hit which described the chilling effect on professional relationships between the different genders.
As a manager my approach toward females in my organization changed dramatically. Unless I am forced to be alone with a female (like if I am giving a performance review) I take great pains to avoid being in a situation where it's just me and a female, either a direct report, peer, or manager.

Quote:
At the same time, I can't blame him. #MeToo felt like a shrapnel grenade of bottled up emotions blowing up and taking out anyone remotely close to its epicenter.

Spacey being apologetic at first and being more forthcoming about what might have happened... 20 years ago?... wasn't the same stonewall you saw from other, more guilty parties. Al Franken was another sacrificial lamb.
To me it sounded like he didn't even remember the incident until it was brought up. He tried to connect the events with the accusation and couldn't but felt like there were enough questions in his own mind to think it was at least a little plausible.

If he had been a dude who did something questionable with a full grown woman he might have been able to re-emerge but as someone stained with the title of pedophile, even though the cops didn't find enough evidence to bring him to trial, he's pretty much done.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post

At the same time, I can't blame him. #MeToo felt like a shrapnel grenade of bottled up emotions blowing up and taking out anyone remotely close to its epicenter. The tight networks of those celebrity circles, with people working on each others projects or attending social engagements, meant there was lots of potential to get caught up. At first it was hopeful, but now it seems like it did more cultural harm than good, even if big targets like Weinstein and Lauer got taken out. I'd read articles over the months after #MeToo hit which described the chilling effect on professional relationships between the different genders.

I see old roles of Spacey's and he's a solid actor. It may be a Polanski defense, but I don't think the parallel is quite there. I wouldn't mind spending a week in this guy's life just to see what the fuck. Has anyone profiled him yet in the last year? I would be surprised if someone has not.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...e-kevin-spacey
Al Franken sexually assaulted someone, how do you view that as a "sacrificial lamb?" Oh right he's a liberal so laws don't apply. Weinstein didn't even have to pay out his victims, his studio's insurance company did. All the Hollywood virtue signalling in the world doesn't excuse the rampant sexual abuse that's gone on in Hollywood for decades. Bunch of hypocrites.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
RAV
Evil Dead

Oh and, Merry Christmas, guys.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Al Franken sexually assaulted someone, how do you view that as a "sacrificial lamb?" Oh right he's a liberal so laws don't apply. Weinstein didn't even have to pay out his victims, his studio's insurance company did. All the Hollywood virtue signalling in the world doesn't excuse the rampant sexual abuse that's gone on in Hollywood for decades. Bunch of hypocrites.
Sex assault/harassment/misconduct isn't just liberals alone, its anyone who is rich or powerful enough to get away with it.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #8
Skunk
Evil Dead

I haven't been following House of Cards after season 2... didn't Frank Underwood die?

Also, is he even allowed to do the character publicly like this? I would think Netflix would have a legal fit.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:08 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Sex assault/harassment/misconduct isn't just liberals alone, its anyone who is rich or powerful enough to get away with it.
Exactly. Never said otherwise.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:08 AM   #10
Azzy
Cthulian

That guy can't poke a fire to save his fucking life.
I mean, career.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #11
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Merry Christmas all!

BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #12
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

What did you get for Christmas?

I got The Witcher III on the Nintendo Switch, God Of War (new one) on the PS4 (That's already a "Playstation Hits" title? Wow, that was fast...), and Jedi: Fallen Order on the PC (which I am anxiously waiting to play but have to wait for it to install...).

Edit: Played some Fallen Order. Not bad, but standard unlock-abilities-to-gain-access-to-areas formula with lots of jumping and climbing. Seems a LOT like Uncharted/Tomb Raider style of game-play.

Last edited by PacerDawn; 12-25-2019 at 10:51 PM..
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #13
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I got Star Wars stuff, which is odd because I haven't been on the Star Wars bandwagon for years. My wife who is not a geek tried
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Merry Christmas everyone! I got a baby Yoda shirt from my sister. Star Wars Holiday Special for everyone!
Old 12-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #15
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Merry Christmas!

I got a couple Alien Archive books and a GM screen for Starfinder. A t-shirt with this design on it. And a 4-pack sampler of some Belgium beer with some nice glasses.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Merry Christmas all!
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #17
Azzy
Cthulian

I scored the Yeti Blanket. I camp quite a bit with two dogs (and sometimes one girlfriend) and this thing is going to make a killer base layer for my sleeping stuff and/or chill spot by the fire for the pups. A bottle of Dalmore 18yr, a couple gift cards, and a friend's mom paid for six days at a hotel in Seattle when we go to said friend's wedding in July. Pretty happy about it all.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I also got Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive on Blu-ray from the Mrs. Terrible movie, but I just love it anyway.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #19
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I also got Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive on Blu-ray from the Mrs. Terrible movie, but I just love it anyway.
Sometimes terrible movies are the best movies!
Old 12-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #20
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Great soundtrack!

Tags
merry christmas