Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:34 AM
16 Replies, 541 Views

Old 02-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct Announced for February 20th

Quote:
Tune in on February 20 at 6 a.m. PT / 9 a.m ET for a roughly 25-minute livestreamed #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons Direct, featuring an in-depth look at Nook Inc.ís Deserted Island Getaway Package!
Nintendo on Twitter.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:15 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Live now! It looks like Animal Crossing. Heh.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Trying to decide if I need my own Switch or if I can manage by stealing my Son's when he gets bored of the game in a week. LOL.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Terrain manipulation, bridge building, crafting, etc - awesome.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #5
blackzc
Evil Dead

Yeah i have to play this
Old 02-21-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Still can't understand why 30-40 year old males would have a single interest in this.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #7
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Still can't understand why 30-40 year old males would have a single interest in this.
Why would a 30-40 year old male get into roleplaying a cowboy pyew-pyewing the bad guys?

From a pure mechanical, gameplay perspective, this game checks some great boxes. Customization, completionist, crafting, etc.

And yah, its colorful and bright, but who cares? The game is fun. Unless you're insecure about that sort of thing?

Also. Wow you're in for a whole new world if you ever become a dad. You're going to have an identity crisis when you're doing tea time or watching Nickelodeon.

Dont take yourself too seriously man. Women hate that.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Still can't understand why you even give a shit, at this point
Old 02-22-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Because..... S.P.E.C.. the world can be a scary lonely place for some of us, some of us don't have the family or friend network required to keep the fear at bay. Sometimes i get overwhelmed. Animal crossing is like an old friend i can count on, its a happy place. I will chops trees, fish. catch bugs, deliver lost packages to my neighbors and pay off my house. All things that elude me in the real world

CAN YOU LET ME ENJOY JUST ONE FUCKING THING !!!
Old 02-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
It is hard to explain. It is very relaxing. I like the fishing and collecting the dinosaur bones. I don't get into decorating my house that much unless I come across weird stuff like space ships, etc.

It is a kids game for sure, but you can just relax and enjoy it a bit at a time. I'll probably mostly just borrow my Son's Switch and play on a few Saturday mornings when everyone else in the house is asleep.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:44 PM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Because..... S.P.E.C.. the world can be a scary lonely place for some of us, some of us don't have the family or friend network required to keep the fear at bay. Sometimes i get overwhelmed. Animal crossing is like an old friend i can count on, its a happy place. I will chops trees, fish. catch bugs, deliver lost packages to my neighbors and pay off my house. All things that elude me in the real world

CAN YOU LET ME ENJOY JUST ONE FUCKING THING !!!
My happy place is blowing a super mutant's head off, or playing a franchise game of MLB The Show or NHL. catching bugs or fishing with anime graphics just doesn't do it. Though again it's very much a to each their own thing. If it relaxes you hey go for it, what I think shouldn't matter as I'm sure it doesn't in the end anyway.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #12
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
My happy place is blowing a super mutant's head off, or playing a franchise game of MLB The Show or NHL. catching bugs or fishing with anime graphics just doesn't do it. Though again it's very much a to each their own thing. If it relaxes you hey go for it, what I think shouldn't matter as I'm sure it doesn't in the end anyway.
Na, its all good im just playin.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:34 PM   #13
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Na, its all good im just playin.
No worries didn't think any different. Have no issues with ya bud, you're one of the decent ones who gets what's going on in the world and isn't afraid to say it.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:35 AM   #14
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
My happy place is blowing a super mutant's head off, or playing a franchise game of MLB The Show or NHL.
You do know that there are a lot of who view this as an incredibly immature way to spend your time. When you're pretending to kill mutants or win a world series, you're a lot closer to the guy pretending to catch bugs than you are to the guy who's out in the woods building his own log cabin by hand or working overtime at his construction job and heading to the bar with the guys afterward.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:51 AM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
You do know that there are a lot of who view this as an incredibly immature way to spend your time. When you're pretending to kill mutants or win a world series, you're a lot closer to the guy pretending to catch bugs than you are to the guy who's out in the woods building his own log cabin by hand or working overtime at his construction job and heading to the bar with the guys afterward.
Eh you of all people should know by now I truly don't give 2 shits what anyone else thinks or does. I swear half of you guys miss the point of a forum in the first place.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Eh you of all people should know by now I truly don't give 2 shits what anyone else thinks or does. I swear half of you guys miss the point of a forum in the first place.
Geez dude, the point continually flies over your head, not the other way around. It's staggering sometimes. Nobody here cares what you think about Nintendo, except apparently you. I'm just pointing out that saying the games you tout as mature are pretty much not. They're what 13 year old boys consider mature. And I don't really care because I like those games on occasion too.
As for the point of a forum, you do realize that this idea works both ways right? You get to make fun of girly Nintendo games and we get to make fun of your dumb posts about girly Nintendo games.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:04 AM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Geez dude, the point continually flies over your head, not the other way around. It's staggering sometimes. Nobody here cares what you think about Nintendo, except apparently you. I'm just pointing out that saying the games you tout as mature are pretty much not. They're what 13 year old boys consider mature. And I don't really care because I like those games on occasion too.
As for the point of a forum, you do realize that this idea works both ways right? You get to make fun of girly Nintendo games and we get to make fun of your dumb posts about girly Nintendo games.
You misunderstand Chief, I don't care one way or the other, it's a time waster for me, it is however hilarious how easy it is to bunch Nintendo's fans panties up though, ridiculously so. Like I said, what I think about Nintendo shouldn't matter to you, yet some take the bait so fucking hard every time.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
You misunderstand Chief, I don't care one way or the other, it's a time waster for me, it is however hilarious how easy it is to bunch Nintendo's fans panties up though, ridiculously so. Like I said, what I think about Nintendo shouldn't matter to you, yet some take the bait so fucking hard every time.
So, you're now trying to spin your irrational hatred for Nintendo into, "I'm just playin'. Why so serious?"

Right. Sure. Okay.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:27 PM   #19
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
So, you're now trying to spin your irrational hatred for Nintendo into, "I'm just playin'. Why so serious?"

Right. Sure. Okay.
Well, i can remember a time when someone talking shit online could ruin something for me. But that was long ago, im an adult now, i do my own thing. I take what spec does as harmless banter, and id miss it if it stopped.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post

Right. Sure. Okay.
It's a video game forum Chimpout, it's not that fucking critical. Because it's so irrational to not be impressed by a company that purposely gimps out on hardware and has really odd anti consumer practices. Riiiight, drink your soy and go vote for Bernie.

Tags
animal crossing