Last post by BalekFekete
Today 04:45 AM
7 Replies, 254 Views

Old 12-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

First Trailer for Jordan Peele's US

Quote:
After sending shockwaves across contemporary culture and setting a new standard for provocative, socially-conscious horror films with his directorial debut, Get Out, Academy Award®-winning visionary Jordan Peele returns with another original nightmare that he has written, directed and produced.

Set in present day along the iconic Northern California coastline, Us, from Monkeypaw Productions, stars Oscar® winner Lupita Nyong’o as Adelaide Wilson, a woman returning to her beachside childhood home with her husband, Gabe (Black Panther’s Winston Duke), and their two children (Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex) for an idyllic summer getaway.

Haunted by an unexplainable and unresolved trauma from her past and compounded by a string of eerie coincidences, Adelaide feels her paranoia elevate to high-alert as she grows increasingly certain that something bad is going to befall her family.

After spending a tense beach day with their friends, the Tylers (Emmy winner Elisabeth Moss, Tim Heidecker, Cali Sheldon, Noelle Sheldon), Adelaide and her family return to their vacation home. When darkness falls, the Wilsons discover the silhouette of four figures holding hands as they stand in the driveway. Us pits an endearing American family against a terrifying and uncanny opponent: doppelgängers of themselves.

Writer and director Peele produces for his Monkeypaw Productions alongside Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, and Monkeypaw’s Ian Cooper. Us will be released by Universal Pictures on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

If the message of the first film was that all white people are evil, is the message of this film that your black friends will kill you in your sleep???
Old 12-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I may be wrong, but black families are RARELY involved in horror movies, so I look forward to this just for that dynamic.

I didn't even know there was a first one.

What was it named?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
If the message of the first film was that all white people are evil, is the message of this film that your black friends will kill you in your sleep???
I thought the point of the first movie was to have upper-class, left-wing white people as the black mans enemy, where typically it's the right-wing country bumpkins. Those people loved black people so much, that they wanted to become them.

This movie seems pretty damn creepy.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Azzy
Cthulian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I thought the point of the first movie was to have upper-class, left-wing white people as the black mans enemy, where typically it's the right-wing country bumpkins..
Sometimes EvAv just posts things to sound inflammatory or incite response so people continue to post/visit the site. It's easy bait to talk down something that was so widely well received in some kind of attempt to appear more aware or to have higher standards than the "average" movie goer.
That "all" white people are evil was pretty obviously not the point of the movie. Even if it was the "joke" that followed was terrible.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Sometimes EvAv just posts things to sound inflammatory or incite response so people continue to post/visit the site. It's easy bait to talk down something that was so widely well received in some kind of attempt to appear more aware or to have higher standards than the "average" movie goer.
That "all" white people are evil was pretty obviously not the point of the movie. Even if it was the "joke" that followed was terrible.
If someone really thinks that was the message of Get Out, they didn't actually watch it.

What I like about this new film is that the trailer didn't give everything away. I have an idea of what it's about, but not really. Just enough info to want to see it, but not so much that I feel like I already saw it.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
If someone really thinks that was the message of Get Out, they didn't actually watch it.
I watched it. Thought it was the most overrated film of 2017. Well... whatever superhero cartoon tripe that came out that year could have been worse.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:

What I like about this new film is that the trailer didn't give everything away. I have an idea of what it's about, but not really. Just enough info to want to see it, but not so much that I feel like I already saw it.
Shit just reading the synopsis of get out it's pretty obviously "whites are racist" is the message.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #9
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Shit just reading the synopsis of get out it's pretty obviously "whites are racist" is the message.
That's why it helps to actually watch the movie. You might hate it, which is fine. But the message is clearly not "whites are racist." It's more like "the people who act like your friends can be scarier and more depraved than your enemies."

But, as always, people see what they want to see. It's cool either way.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's why it helps to actually watch the movie. You might hate it, which is fine. But the message is clearly not "whites are racist." It's more like "the people who act like your friends can be scarier and more depraved than your enemies."

But, as always, people see what they want to see. It's cool either way.
Given the shit Hollywood and it's actors say on a regular basis, sorry if I don't buy it. Between the constant virtue signaling and the whole conservatives are racist message they shout from the rooftops, along with attempting to black ball the very few conservative voices, like a Tim Allen, like Rosanne Barr, it's quite clear the message that Marxists Hollywood is selling.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:24 AM   #11
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Given the shit Hollywood and it's actors say on a regular basis, sorry if I don't buy it. Between the constant virtue signaling and the whole conservatives are racist message they shout from the rooftops, along with attempting to black ball the very few conservative voices, like a Tim Allen, like Rosanne Barr, it's quite clear the message that Marxists Hollywood is selling.
Yes yes snowflake, anything that challenges your retarded point of view is part of a vast organized conspiracy.

Oh you didn't answer if you actually saw the movie? (I did, thought it was shit, but I don't think the message was all white people are evil..)

But fuck watching anything or reading anything right.. who needs knowledge or the outside world when your paranoid introspective view provides all you require.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:59 AM   #12
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I smoked some weed and watched 'Get Out' in bed having no idea what it was or what to expect. I preface this with that statement to explain that I had no preconceived notions about this film being racist towards anyone. As I watched it I couldn't stop laughing because the film was so blatantly racist that I thought there must be layers to this onion. Watched it again when I wasn't so high and decided no, it is just a very racist one dimensional film. Still was hella funny though...
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I may be wrong, but black families are RARELY involved in horror movies, so I look forward to this just for that dynamic.

I didn't even know there was a first one.

What was it named?
It wasn't a first one, it was just a horror film called Get Out. It was a good film, but not as good as the reputation that it has. It was really celebrated by the Hollywood left because the movie is so anti-white and that is something you don't see on screen all the time.

It wasn't that it was a bad film, but it has no internal horror movie logic. If you see it, I'll explain later. I don't want to spoil it.

Because of the reception from the left, Jordan Peele has this reputation for being a AAA director and he was given the helm of the new Netflix Twilight Zone.

Given that the above movie is a direct rip-off of an old Twilight Zone episode and it looks great, I think he will do fantastic with a new Twilight Zone series.

I think the Us looks fun, but I was just laughing because I was looking for the anti-white message in there somewhere.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Yes yes snowflake, anything that challenges your retarded point of view is part of a vast organized conspiracy.

Oh you didn't answer if you actually saw the movie? (I did, thought it was shit, but I don't think the message was all white people are evil..)

But fuck watching anything or reading anything right.. who needs knowledge or the outside world when your paranoid introspective view provides all you require.
Aww did I get your panties in a bunch again? You're like a stalker, it's both hilarious and creepy as fuck. Only a true brainwashed piece of shit like yourself can deny the obvious. It must be quite a world for liberals to play make believe 24/7 to reality around them.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Nope no massive liberal bias in Hollyweird, it's just paranoid thinking.

Before he was honored at the 4th annual Carney Awards Sunday evening, Actor James Cromwell warned that the United States will experience another a “revolution” with “blood in the streets” unless President Donald Trump’s agenda is thwarted.

That's after 2 mins of looking, that's not even mentioning all the vileness that comes out of Rosie O Donnel's mouth on a regular basis, or Alyssa Milano, or Meryl Streep or, I think you get the idea. To say there isn't a massive liberal bias in hollywood, virtue signalling left right and center and an anti white agenda in general is lunacy, but again given the source Alfie not surprising. Liberals are as usual mentally ill children who don't live in reality.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #16
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

It is also funny TV Guide felt the need to write a whole article on how to Love Chris Pratt without Hating Yourself.

What is problematic about Chris Pratt? I mean he is a devout Christian AND A HUNTER!!! He raises animals on his farm which he later kills and eats. He doesn't think regular americans are portrayed properly in Hollywood.

Fortunately TV Guide is nice enough to give us a slideshow down at the bottom with a bunch of other people named Chris who we may find more gooder to like.

As for "Us" it looks like an interesting movie which, like most horror movies, doesn't need to be seen on the big screen to be best experienced.

I liked Get Out well enough. I didn't see any blatant racism in it because I didn't go in looking for it. When I put on a racist filter, which seems to be the default for way to many people on the right and left these days, I could pick apart every aspect of it from a racist point of view but I choose to look at it as a piece of entertainment rather than a racial attack. That made it a decent story with some good acting. Pretty good night to watch at home and worth the price of the RedBox.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
It is also funny TV Guide felt the need to write a whole article on how to Love Chris Pratt without Hating Yourself.

What is problematic about Chris Pratt? I mean he is a devout Christian AND A HUNTER!!! He raises animals on his farm which he later kills and eats. He doesn't think regular americans are portrayed properly in Hollywood.

Fortunately TV Guide is nice enough to give us a slideshow down at the bottom with a bunch of other people named Chris who we may find more gooder to like.

As for "Us" it looks like an interesting movie which, like most horror movies, doesn't need to be seen on the big screen to be best experienced.

I liked Get Out well enough. I didn't see any blatant racism in it because I didn't go in looking for it. When I put on a racist filter, which seems to be the default for way to many people on the right and left these days, I could pick apart every aspect of it from a racist point of view but I choose to look at it as a piece of entertainment rather than a racial attack. That made it a decent story with some good acting. Pretty good night to watch at home and worth the price of the RedBox.
While your "turn the other cheek" attitude to alot of this shit is admirable what are you going to do when they finally come for you? Progressives won't stop, they never do, it's like the gays, they just wanted to love in the open, now they're trying to force people to make them cakes against their religious beliefs with mob mentality, and pushing kids into sex changes for "PROGRESS"
like this abused child right here.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/11...s-toss-money-a

What is it finally going to take for people to stand up and say we are no longer going to accept the full on marxism progressive push in America?
Old 12-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
What is it finally going to take for people to stand up and say we are no longer going to accept the full on marxism progressive push in America?
Well it depends. On one hand you're picking apart a piece of "art" which one person could say is just an interesting story and others are saying is out-right racist. The next thing up is another movie with looks like a kinda interesting horror movie which I will also not see in the theaters and will likely have little to no personal or cultural impact.

On the other hand you're talking about an 11-year old performing provocatively for adults while they throw money at him. A kid, (now apparently being reported as autistic?) being used by the parents, the MSM and the LBGT alphabet soup agenda as a pre-adolescent figurehead and role model. And what is in this kid's future? Based on the factions that are trying to use him it certainly is likely to be as big a personal and cultural impact as possible. If the past is any indicator of the future the kid is doomed.

These are not equivalent.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Well it depends. On one hand you're picking apart a piece of "art" which one person could say is just an interesting story and others are saying is out-right racist. The next thing up is another movie with looks like a kinda interesting horror movie which I will also not see in the theaters and will likely have little to no personal or cultural impact.

On the other hand you're talking about an 11-year old performing provocatively for adults while they throw money at him. A kid, (now apparently being reported as autistic?) being used by the parents, the MSM and the LBGT alphabet soup agenda as a pre-adolescent figurehead and role model. And what is in this kid's future? Based on the factions that are trying to use him it certainly is likely to be as big a personal and cultural impact as possible. If the past is any indicator of the future the kid is doomed.

These are not equivalent.
Propaganda is propaganda, Hollywood and it's ilk are more than welcome to continue making this trash, that's their right of free speech and "artistic freedom" if you want to call this trash artistic to begin with. Me I just call it what I see it as, racism. That's what the 1st amendment allows, unlike the left, conservatives don't generally want anyone's rights to be squelched. On the same token however, hollywood also wonders why half of their movies lately are bombing terribly, gee I wonder why?

Also you notice the LGBT community pretty much hasn't made a peep about this kid at all, gee wonder why that is besides to celebrate it on daily talk shows, like it's so brave to abuse children when it comes to pushing sexual bullshit. Remember 20 years ago when people said eventually the LBGT would push to normalize pedophilia? And they screamed "you're crazy" Well look what they're doing today, encouraging fucking kids to get sex changes and this certainly isn't the only case of it. That's the kind of shit people need to stand up to, and if it offends the precious little gays too fucking bad.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Bu..but.. we just wanna get married!

Tags
jordan peele's us