Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:18 PM
0 Replies, 295 Views

Old 06-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If the local fighting game leagues in my area are any indication, they sure do. One of 'em meets up at a pub every Wednesday and takes over the upstairs floor; Smash has been a prominent part of the lineup since it started and Ultimate isn't going to change that.

I plan on buying a copy on December 7th, that's for sure. They're fun fighting games.
I just can't hang.

I feel like I am reasonable "good at videogames". I beat Shovel Knight my first time through using a mac keyboard. I beat demon souls. But for whatever reason I don't have the reflexes or tracking ability to play Smash. I constantly lose my character. I was "good" at the original on the N64. But ever since the gamecube one, it was too much for me.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #22
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I just can't hang.

I feel like I am reasonable "good at videogames". I beat Shovel Knight my first time through using a mac keyboard. I beat demon souls. But for whatever reason I don't have the reflexes or tracking ability to play Smash. I constantly lose my character. I was "good" at the original on the N64. But ever since the gamecube one, it was too much for me.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel the same but I think it might be a matter of "getting it" combined with dedication or a lack thereof. In the old days, I felt like I sort of mastered SF2 and MK. Both games clicked with me and I put in hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours on each. I just felt like I knew what people were going to do before they did it when I played those games. Of course this was probably because I was playing these games on my SNES instead of going out with girls at the time. :P But in Smash I never progressed beyond mashing buttons and using the occasional special move at the right time. There are plenty of people out there who know all of the nuances of the Smash series and the game is basically a science to them. I just wonder if people like you and me just don't have the time or inclination to learn this game to that extent. I will concede that it's a very well made game but it's just not for me.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think it's weird that you think a fighting game with a talking gorilla with mind control powers is more mature than a fighting game with a gorilla wearing tie just because of the way it's drawn.
It's because DC Comics is so much more Mature, Adult and Serious than something like Smash. Nevermind the fact that it features the Ninja Turtles as guest stars alongside a guy who dresses like a bat, a guy who dresses up like a scarecrow, a talking gorilla, and a generically angry dude named Atrocitus.

The Injustice cast does significantly more brooding and sneering, so it's clearly the only choice for discerning, mature gamers.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #24
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's because DC Comics is so much more Mature, Adult and Serious than something like Smash. Nevermind the fact that it features the Ninja Turtles as guest stars alongside a guy who dresses like a bat, a guy who dresses up like a scarecrow, a talking gorilla, and a generically angry dude named Atrocitus.

The Injustice cast does significantly more brooding and sneering, so it's clearly the only choice for discerning, mature gamers.
I donít have the DLC, so my copy of Injustice 2 is Turtle-Free.

And Smash has a talking gorilla too.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I don’t have the DLC, so my copy of Injustice 2 is Turtle-Free.
It still doesn't change the fact that they're part of the roster, alongside the rest of the ridiculousness.

Quote:
That's kind of the point. They're equally ridiculous, so acting like one is somehow more "mature" is kinda stupid.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:14 PM   #26
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I

Are we forgetting the Gorilla Grodd?
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Are we forgetting the Gorilla Grodd?
Yes, we were both talking about Gorilla Grodd and Donkey Kong.

I donít have the Turtles unlocked, the expansion packs for Injustice 2 seem a little expensive for a game Iím only going to play once in a while. Itís even worse that I have the ďUltimateĒ edition and it doesnít come with any of the DLC characters.

Tags
e3 2018