Diablo 4's Creepy New...
Last post by Misanthropist
Today 11:08 AM
6 Replies, 390 Views

Old 01-04-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Awesome Games Done Quick starts Sunday at 11am

The annual speedrunning event Awesome Games Done Quick begins Sunday, January 5th, at 11:00am. I love watching games I like being played all the way through in a reasonable time frame, though I do wish they would play them all normally and not go out of bounds and exploit bugs.

The complete schedule is here.

Twitch Link for the event.

Last edited by PacerDawn; 01-05-2020 at 09:38 AM..
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Thanks for the heads-up!!! I'll be checking this out for sure.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #3
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

And for you progressives out there, they have heard you! This year they will be listing the preferred pronouns of the commentators and the runners this year! He/Him/She/Her/It/Ze/who-the-fuck-cares-as-my-mental-well-being-is-not-tied-to-the-pronoun-someone-uses-when-addressing-me.

I am wondering if donations are going to be down this year due to injecting politics into this. They probably don't want money from people that oppose it, though. It's sad that people can be so selfish that their politics comes before charity. I really hope I am wrong as this is for charity, so I would be very happy to be mistaken, but I can't see this as anything other than a huge risk.

Leave politics out of gaming you idiots.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I will not be donating this year due to the political bullshit. I may try to find a charity that does mental health work and doesn't push for acceptance and mainstreaming of Gender Diaspora instead.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Honestly, getting offended by this bullshit (preferred nouns) just gives more attention and feeds into it.

If I call someone who looks like a guy by a male pronoun and they say use a female one or whatever, I'll just be like sure fine, I don't give a fuck. Yes I find it obnoxious, but just going on and arguing with them a.) gives them the attention they want and b.) just detracts from the other shit I'm interested in.

If you don't want politics in gaming (imho) make sure you're not part of the problem by playing into this shit. I understand anger when there is a push to make legal policy with this, but in a personal/social situation, why give a crap?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #6
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Also my preferred title is "your assholiness" Thank you. My preferred pronoun is ser.. but with an E, cuz game of thrones baby!
Old 01-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As if on cue! GDQ has issued a suspension of one of it's speedrunning partners, Luzbellheim, not for anything done or said during their run but for their politics in general as he supports Spain's Nationalist party "Vox" and makes fun of pronouns on his twitter bio.

Quote:
Shortly after completing his Final Fantasy VIII speed run for the Games Done Quick charity video game speed-running event, speedrunner Luzbelheim has been issued an 18-month submission ban due to his anti-feminist views and support of Spain’s Vox political party.

Viewers took issue with Luzbelheim before he began his run, particularly with the anti-feminist views espoused on his personal Twitter account, such as featuring the phrase “I hate feminazism” in his bio, retweeting anti-feminist memes, and and a tweet voicing his support of the economic policy of the far-right Vox political party.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #8
RAV
Evil Dead

The only thing these idiots accomplish is that it makes me want to vote hard right wing parties for the rest of my damn life. They can have it and ban around, we put one Trump after another in office. Fuck you.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote