Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post

Have fun in your bizarre little world.
I don't live in Montreal.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #62
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I have three thoughts about this:

1) It's terrible that people feel this type of behavior is something they have to put up with as part and parcel of "paying their dues" to become a star. No one is immune to the classic "casting couch" be it a man, woman, or - most disguestingly - child. Those with insecurities are probably more vulnerable than others since without that bump of selling themselves they might feel they will squander their only chance.

2) This is setting up an epic domino effect where now any male in entertainment who's said even something marginally sexist, such as the Amazon Exec in one of the previous links, is going to be made an example of. Yelling out "ANAL SEX!" or telling someone "Hey, you wanna see my dick?" at a party may be tacky and clumsy but it's not rape or harassment.

3) If these were regular girls and not high paid actresses would this be a big deal and Harvey weren't white would this be the ginormous thing it is? Bill Cosby, beloved by all, was accused of real RAPE by a dozen women. But they were mostly normal people. There was some press but it wasn't anything like what we're seeing here.

Maybe it's because this was basically a known secret. In which case there should be an entire group of people being charged with Conspiracy, obstruction of justice, or being accomplices. For example Jimmy Kimmel obviously knew YEARS ago and did nothing. That sounds like someone who is assisting a felon continue to felon things.

Other people are coming out saying things like "Of course I knew, everyone knew," and they need to be charged with a crime.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #63
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Hollywood Reporter: Emma Thompson: Harvey Weinstein Is Not a Sex Addict, "He's a Predator"
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #64
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Maybe this is all a cover story to mask the real journalistic need to figure out what happened in Las Vegas. Still haven't pinned Steven Paddock and no legal case against him has been brought forth.

WTF?!!!!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #65
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I have to admit, an artfully presented Nuremberg-McCarthean style showtrial of the Hollywood elite is something I would watch enthusiastically.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 PM   #66
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Maybe this is all a cover story to mask the real journalistic need to figure out what happened in Las Vegas. Still haven't pinned Steven Paddock and no legal case against him has been brought forth.

WTF?!!!!
Never mind that the security guard from the hotel is missing and his family has a gag order apparently. Great time to release a hollywood sex scandal story to distract the sheep.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #67
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Maybe this is all a cover story
Not too tight now:

Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #68
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Never mind that the security guard from the hotel is missing and his family has a gag order apparently. Great time to release a hollywood sex scandal story to distract the sheep.
That is such a load of horseshit. If there's any conspiracy then the more likely one is this scandal was initiated by President Trump to fully discredit the liberal controlled media and Democrats losing middle America once and for all. Or there's an even more disgusting scandal under the surface (the pedophilia stuff from a couple years back) that is way more prevalent and Hollywood is using Weinstein as a pariah to deflect from it.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #69
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Have fun attaching pedophilia as an "American" problem. As if Muslims don't fucking marry children daily. Get out of here with that shit.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we we discussing issues in America right now. Should I make sure to include every country that has a similar problem to the one being discussed in every thread?
Even if I had brought up the fact that pedophilia is a major problem in most Muslim countries (despite the fact that we're talking about a problem in America), you would have likely spun it as me deflecting from the issue and comparing the US to other countries as if it excuses the behavior. "Pedophilia is perfectly acceptable to you leftist libtards because your precious Muslims abuse children every day! It's obviously okay in your eyes!"

Of course pedophilia is a worldwide problem. They're having to make laws specifically to help curtail underage wives and classifying sex with underage wives as rape in India right now, for example.
Since we're talking about the US: Pedophilia is a major issue in this country that seems to go largely unspoken, especially when we're dealing with areas of significant power and influence. From the brazen abuse that occurs in Hollywood to the number of (albeit questionable) allegations levied against political leaders, there appears to be a problem with powerful people fucking kids in this country. It also, of course, extends well beyond those areas of power; pedophilia is a issue from coast to coast and border to border.

One of my biggest concerns is that pedophilia will eventually become normalized; if it's described as something they can't control (similar to the "changes" being made to the concept of sexual identity and orientation), how can we punish them? This is a path I really don't want to see us go down as a society. I don't want to see child abuse become normalized.

Get out of here with your bullshit.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 10-14-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #70
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we we discussing issues in America right now.
I thought this was a discussion about Harvey Weinstein and powerful Hollywood people getting away with years of sexual harassment and possible rape? You, Humongous Pussy from Montreal, repeatedly try to change conversations into another anti-America tirade.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #71
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
I thought this was a discussion about Harvey Weinstein and powerful Hollywood people getting away with years of sexual harassment and possible rape? You, Humongous Pussy from Montreal, repeatedly try to change conversations into another anti-America tirade.
I'm not from Montreal.
Also, read the rest of what I wrote. I added some additional thoughts.

How you think anything I said is somehow anti-American is beyond me. Only in America: Acknowledging the fact that there is a problem in our country means you're anti-America.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #72
Terran
Evil Dead

Chimpbot's not a dirty, filthy liberal Canadian. Leave the poor guy alone already! He's more like a leans-left lukewarm liberal who hasn't been mugged by reality into conservatism...yet, lol.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #73
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Chimpbot's not a dirty, filthy liberal Canadian. Leave the poor guy alone already! He's more like a leans-left lukewarm liberal who hasn't been mugged by reality into conservatism...yet, lol.
Also known as a moderate. We're like the bisexuals of the political world; we lean both ways and everyone hates us.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #74
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Also known as a moderate. We're like the bisexuals of the political world; we lean both ways and everyone hates us.
More like the cowards of the political world who play both sides when it's convenient. Though you lean far more left than right, your problem is you're too much of a fucking coward to admit it.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #75
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
That is such a load of horseshit. If there's any conspiracy then the more likely one is this scandal was initiated by President Trump to fully discredit the liberal controlled media and Democrats losing middle America once and for all. Or there's an even more disgusting scandal under the surface (the pedophilia stuff from a couple years back) that is way more prevalent and Hollywood is using Weinstein as a pariah to deflect from it.
Hollywood is full of pedos, most people with half a braincell know that already. Never mind that there's more red flags with the Vegas shooting than a flag football game.

Weinstein's the sacrificial goat nothing more than that. Trump doesn't need to initiate anything, the MSM lost all their credibility already.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #76
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Buttman II: ‘ER’ actress calls out Clooney, producer in misconduct claim
Old 10-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #77
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Rosemarie is prolly rolling over in her grave. Hell all that old guard is likely doing the same, the Bing Crosbys and Bob Hopes. Back when Hollywood wasn't a cesspool the way it is now.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #78
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Entertainment Weekly: Harvey Weinstein officially voted out of The Academy

The Hollywood Reporter: Steven Seagal, a Silk Kimono and a "Private Rehearsal": One Actress Remembers Her Nightmare Audition
Old 10-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #79
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Mediaite: The Academy on Booting Weinstein: Era of ‘Shameful Complicity in Sexually Predatory Behavior’ Is Over

Mediaite: Laura Ingraham Welcomes ‘Clinton Weiner Spitzer & Weinstein’ Law Firm at Values Voter Summit
Old 10-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #80
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Breitbart: George Clooney Accused of Helping Blacklist Actress Who Complained of Sexual Harassment (Update)

Quote:
“Clooney helped blacklist me when I spoke up [about] harassment on ER,” claimed ER actress Vanessa Marquez in a post on Twitter. “Women who dont play the game lose career… I did.”

“He’s not who he pretends [to be],” added Marquez in another post. “Wells, NBC, Amblin, WB, cast & crew & my agents all complicit in my #Blacklist [for] speaking UP in ’95”

Update: Clooney has issued a statement denying he had any influence over the direction of Marquez’s career.

“I had no idea Vanessa was blacklisted. I take her at her word,” Clooney said, according to Page Six.

“I was not a writer or a producer or a director on that show. I had nothing to do with casting. I was an actor and only an actor. If she was told I was involved in any decision about her career then she was lied to. The fact that I couldn’t affect her career is only surpassed by the fact that I wouldn’t. “

Tags
batfleck, ben affleck, harvey weinstein, hollywood