Yesterday 03:32 PM
6 Replies, 376 Views

Old 07-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

New Resident Evil 2 Details, Collector's Edition Announced

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
At San Diego Comic Con 2018, a Resident Evil panel was held that talked about the upcoming release of Resident Evil 2. Thanks to Twitter user ateliermatanagi for collecting information from the panel to share.

During the panel, Capcom said that they consider Resident Evil 2 a new title more than a remake, which allowed them to tear everything down and rebuild it the best way they possibly could. They wanted to design Leon before he became the dorky but cool action star of Resident Evil 4 and isn't quite a hero yet, but still went through multiple designs before landing on his current form to get it perfect. They also took this opportunity to brag about the Resident Evil engine's photogrammetry technology, being employed in Resident Evil 7, Devil May Cry 5, and this game. Real-life versions of Claire and Leon's outfits were scanned in to give them the most realistic look.

Speaking of Claire, the team also went through a number of design iterations with her, but ultimately decided that they had to change her hotpants from the original game into a normal pair of jeans. The deciding factor was Claire's opening scene and how her design made sense for that. The look they settled on was ultimately "bike ninja," as evidenced by the real 1998 Harley Davidson motorcycle that she rides into town.

Despite all the talk about Leon and Claire, the developers explained that they see the zombies as the main characters. They talk a bit about how zombies are an actual threat and not just a target to shoot at. A lot of work went into the zombies and even a few of the zombies in the game are modeled after the developers.

The key for Capcom was to make sure the game both paid homage to the original while also establishing and staying consistent to its own identity.

A Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition was also revealed at the panel, as well as a Deluxe Edition.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Transylmania
Evil Dead

I put the reserve down at Gamestop the day it was announced. I kinda wish the statue was an R.P.D. officer zombie since they are so iconic in Resident Evil 2. I heard rumors that there may be different collector's editions announced later and I'm looking at the lack of a PC edition right now. Maybe it will contain different collectables? Resident Evil has been my favorite game series since RE1 DC on PS1 and its hard to believe it has been 21 years when this remake comes out since RE2 dropped. I have a friend who is 18 and the remake will be his first time playing RE2. He's pumped and pre-ordered the collector's edition for PS4 as well. I haven't been this hyped for a game in years. It looks amazing.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, resident evil 2