12 Replies, 727 Views
STRANGER THINGS IS...
Last post by Cranium
Yesterday 08:14 AM
5 Replies, 425 Views

Old 10-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I'm back after watching the episode and wow, that was a good right good ripping of China! Said perfectly. I especially like the big dig at Disney who, if anyone deserves a good attitude check, is them.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #22
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Sigh...Its just over dude, stop.
You're projecting again. You want it to be over. You want to be able to say racists things without being judged for it. You're however still heavily in the minority. As long as that's the case, when you say racist things you're gonna get judged for that. It might not be fair or just, or the things that you're saying might even be true or not racist. It doesn't matter, as long as the majority of people view them as racist, you will be judged for that and it will be used to dismiss anything you say. Ah, the beauty of freedom of speech. Your best case scenario is that Trump wins another term. And that won't be nearly enough. You're impotent in getting your message across to enough people to matter. You've lost, it's over dude, just stop
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Oh, I should mention I had the "pleasure" of being part of a team that was spun off from the main dev branch to sanitize a rated M game for the Chinese market in an attempt to placate the Ministry of Culture. We were working with a HUGE Chinese gaming company who consulted with us on what to do and by the time it was finished it was so bland I don't think it could have been successful even if we had gotten past the censors.

Things like skulls weren't allowed, planes that looked like US technology (C-130s) had to be changed to be more generic. Body bags and blood smears needed to be removed (we gutted our Hospital level). Our UI had to be redone.

When the game first went to China it made a massive amount of money considering the game. After it got popular and caught the eye of the MoC and we had to pull out of China it caused so much financial harm to the company they ultimately had to go through reductions in staff and all sorts of cost cutting measure. Eventually the game waned so far (because we weren't able to tap that rabid market and our western market was switching to different games in the genre) it is a shadow of itself. Having to retroactively respond to China instead of building those restrictions into the DNA of the game was touted as one of the biggest failures in the game's life cycle.

As South Park said you need to be willing to compromise your principles... and your artistic vision to suck at the teat of China.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
When he said that he isn't a radical he meant he is completely sure and without any self reflection his ideology is, thee one.

Emotion, self conflict = radical apparently.
You are literally describing yourself. Even when conclusive and overwhelming evidence comes out that your position is wrong you refuse to admit it or change your mind. That is you, not me.

Also I don't even like any of the candidates in the primary right now. I would never defend any politician like you guys defend Trump.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #25
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
You are literally describing yourself. Even when conclusive and overwhelming evidence comes out that your position is wrong you refuse to admit it or change your mind. That is you, not me.
No, you do this as well.

Quote:
Also I don't even like any of the candidates in the primary right now. I would never defend any politician like you guys defend Trump.
You defended HRC's blatantly and objectively illegal activity. Yes, you would -- in fact, you go well beyond the defense of Trump here for Democrats.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #26
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
I would never defend any politician like you guys defend Trump.
I find myself less defending Trump than being flabbergasted by the tricks and shenanigans the progressives and the dirty, dirty, smear merchants go through to undermine him and his administration.

I am attacking that bullshit more than defending Trump.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead

ESPN (aka DISNEY) forbids dicussion of Chinese politics. "mandating that any discussion of the Daryl Morey story avoid any political discussions about China and Hong Kong, and instead focus on the related basketball issues."

lololol. Gotta keep that pucker on the Chinese teat!

Quote:
Even when conclusive and overwhelming evidence comes out that your position is wrong you refuse to admit it or change your mind. That is you, not me.
When you advocate for:

* Obama to be in jail for murdering Americans overseas without charge or trial;
* Clinton to be in jail for intentionally mishandling classified info and then wiping the server after being subpoenaed for it;
* Holder to be in jail for gun running into Mexico, getting a US border agent and numerous Mexicans killed with Americans guns;
* Lois Lerner and other IRS officials to be in jail for targeting conservatives with the power of the IRS;
* Biden to be in jail for his quid pro quo with Ukraine and China for his son;
* ALL of the Democrats involved in the Steele dossier bullshit (lying to FISA courts, lying to America, tossing around bullshit lunacy about 'muh Russian collusion' nonsense) going to jail;
* YOU going to jail for your behavior (see my sig.);

Then you can get back to us about how terrible it is that Trump has been fighting the continual coup attempts against his administration.

Otherwise, fuck off.

As I've said before, and I'll say again: I don't give a shit about Trump. He's a hammer. You're the damn nail. I'm just happy to see him hit the shit out of you. All of you.
Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #29
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #30
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #31
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
ESPN (aka DISNEY) forbids dicussion of Chinese politics. "mandating that any discussion of the Daryl Morey story avoid any political discussions about China and Hong Kong, and instead focus on the related basketball issues."

lololol. Gotta keep that pucker on the Chinese teat!
No kidding; why can't they do that for ALL politics? If only they'd hold that stand for politics in general ESPN might not have gotten the flack and have shed so many eyeballs in the last decade.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #32
Terran
Evil Dead

What the Chinese understand very well is that business and economic activity is an extension of national interest; it's force projection and ideological/cultural influence. Their 'belt and road initiative' is intended to weld together corporate and national goals across countries desperate for cash and willing to sell pieces of their soul to get a taste.

Western businesses see economic activity as a way to gorge themselves at the global trough and become fat, rich fucks. America's big-businesses don't give a shit about America, they just want more shit, even if that means fucking over America's interests or America's workers in the process. When they virtue signal, it's only because it enriches them. When a 'virtue' has a cost attached to the signal, they're silent little shits.

Hence the list of sellouts to communist China's diktats grows. Time to decouple from these communist bastards, and to ignore the squealing of the corporate pigs at the trough howling in agony as we do it. They're not going to like it because their interests are not America's, or the world's, interests. They're selling their birthright (freedoms) for filthy lucre. Fuck 'em.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #33
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
What the Chinese understand very well is that business and economic activity is an extension of national interest; it's force projection and ideological/cultural influence. Their 'belt and road initiative'
They should reverse that to road and belt. Don't let China own the road? They will whip you with the belt later.

America is doing it's own Economic warfare, by force, via the tariffs. It is probably the worst and least efficient way to wage this war, and wouldn't be possible for many countries because they are not as self-sufficient as the US, but when no one in the American halls of power (economic or political) cares about the dangers of being economically reliant on our greatest geo-political foe you use what weapons you can.

I mean, how much of our National Debt do they own outside of the American company entanglements?

Russia is the Little Boy to China's Fat Man.

EDIT: Just checked, China owns almost a 5th of all the Foreign owned US National debt. 19%...

Old 10-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
China owns almost a 5th of all the Foreign owned US National debt.
Most of our debit is internal. China owns just over a trillion in our debt. If they dumped it, they'd hurt themselves far more than they'd hurt us (price drop).

Fuck 'em. We hold the cards. Their only real pressure point at the moment is rare earths. That's some real bullshit we have going there, allowing them to bankrupt our producers through state-sanctioned dumping. We need to get that back up and running.

We can feed ourselves. They can't.
We can power our economy (oil, gas). They can't.

Fuck 'em.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 05:28 PM   #35
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

When Russia dumped 84% of their US debt last year there was a marked blast radius and was pointed at as the event which stopped the awesome rise of treasury bond rates which had been going for a few months prior.
That was just $81 billion.

Quote:
Between March and May, Russia's holdings of US Treasury bonds plummeted by $81 billion, representing 84% of its total US debt holdings.

The sudden debt dump may have contributed to a short-term spike in Treasury rates that spooked the market.
Imagine if China drops $1 TRILLION, over 10x that amount.

China has money, production capacity, and they've been enslaving countries and governments thanks to the exorbitant loans they've made via Road and Belt (particularly to turd-world countries). They don't have to be self-sufficient.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #36
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Meaningless globalist alarmism to keep folks toeing the globalist corporatist line.

Fuck 'em. Let 'em nuke their holdings. I don't give a shit. We can feed and power ourselves by ourselves. Few nations on earth can say the same, and when the shit hits the fan, food and energy are ALL that matter.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 06:17 PM   #37
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Meaningless globalist alarmism to keep folks toeing the globalist corporatist line.

Fuck 'em. Let 'em nuke their holdings. I don't give a shit. We can feed and power ourselves by ourselves. Few nations on earth can say the same, and when the shit hits the fan, food and energy are ALL that matter.
Well, since the shit isn't hitting the fan I'm pretty sure, while globalism is bad, ignoring the globe is bad too. Especially when China can financially devastate us.

Not to mention neglecting people who have a choice between China and the US aren't going to be exactly pleased if the US moves forward with the "fuck you, I got mine" attitude. I don't think anyone wants China to be the universal go-to when it comes to sucking up to the biggest person on the block.

And if we just cancel out China's debt or ignore it when they cash in their chips, cause fuck them right?, it is going to cause some visceral fallout across the world, not just China.

If we ever hit peak Mad Max then the US is in good straights. Until then, Pandora's Box has already been opened.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #38
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
China can financially devastate us.
Bullshit, Chicken Little. Complete and utter bullshit. You should stop channeling blackzc and his 'we're done' alarmism or progressives 'end of the world' nonsense.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #39
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Bullshit, Chicken Little. Complete and utter bullshit. You should stop channeling blackzc and his 'we're done' alarmism or progressives 'end of the world' nonsense.
Uh, if we close off from the rest of the world and China crashes our economy by forcing us to pony up $1 - $2 TRILLION dollars because the rest of the world has lost faith enough they don't want to pick up that much in the way of Treasury bills, it will hurt. A lot. 2008 has nothing on what would happen.

That's just the obvious impact. There are tons of other economic ripples If the US Dollar ever loses its place as THE world currency (in part because the petro-dollar but for other reasons).

America loses out on the three big advantages that, frankly, give a ton of political and economic power to the country. The size of the economy would shrink as would the portability of US currency.

For one, significant transactions would have to be converted into either the new supreme currency or the local currency... at a cost. A cost we often get to avoid as long as the US Dollar is the world-wide currency standard.

For another our banking sector, which along with technology is one of the modern miracles which allows creating NEW wealth rather than existing wealth being passed around between the country's residents like in the bad old days, relies heavily on the power and prestige of the US and the US Dollar. No other country in the world has the same advantages when it comes to banking.

Shrugging this idea of China divesting itself of American debt as "whatevs" is shortsighted and fool-hardy unless you want to take your kids off the fast path to success you claim they are on so they can help you work a field for 12 hours a day as the US turns into... Great Britain.

A once great and shining empire now collapsing upon itself trying to remain relevant as even a ton of their own people would rather have a European identity rather than be British.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #40
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Yea China does have a lot of money, which they use to fuck other nations around them. Before they limited that shit to neighbouring nations (like Myanmar).

For example, here in Myanmar/Burma, they own most of the dams or the construction companies that make them. They have most (if not all) of our government in their pockets. As a result they are literally via crooked politics ripping off the country's natural resources. Like the aforementioned dams are built and entire villages are displaced (if they are lucky) or made to disappear. 90% or more of the power generated goes back to China. (There are nationwide powercuts almost daily here.) On top of that, they will illegally steal more resources and bribe the government to turn a blind eye. Their government/ruling elite culture is that of absolutely no fucks given, not to their own people and not certainly to non chinese.

This shit should have been curbed when it was taking place in Asia, or later in Africa, and later still in Latin America, then Canada. Now they are basically undermining the US using the same ol lever of greed.

Traditionally North America has been the counterweight to China, but with the dissolution of the US/North Am's mostly unified society, China is taking advantage of this.

Sadly in Burma/Myanmar, the only way to offset Chinese influence.. is Russian influence, as the US' hands off / sanctions policy is more akin to turning a blind eye.