5 Replies, 704 Views
PUBG Performs Badly on...
Last post by wunshot
Yesterday 12:13 PM
23 Replies, 1,940 Views

Old 11-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews "one of the greatest RPGs of this generation" #Switch

DualShockers - 9.5/10

Quote:
Over the course of Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s story it is made clear that this was one of the greatest RPGs of this generation and it will be talked about for years to come, similar to Xenoblade Chronicles. Every minute of gameplay exudes pure adventure as the game takes players to places that they’ve never dreamed of seeing. The limitations of the Switch hardware do little to hold back just how amazing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is, but can potentially hinder a player’s immersion in battles.
USgamer - 4.5/5

Quote:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 applies an energetic signature and wax seal to a wonderful year for the Nintendo Switch, and for JRPGs in general. Between the amount of time it takes to get used to the game and getting through everything it has to offer, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a worthy investment for series fans and newcomers.
IGN - 8.5/10

Quote:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a standout RPG that manages to keep its story, combat, and exploration interesting over the course of at least 70 hours of adventure through an impressively varied and rich world. Getting from place to place can be confusing, but outside of that and a multi-hour progression roadblock near the end this is an excellent game full of tough, memorable battles and a positive message.
Destructoid - 8/10

Quote:
To the delight of many, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is less X and more traditional Xenoblade. Although they all have a special place in my library, I appreciate the return to what brought Monolith Soft back into the public eye after a series of portable games.
GameSpot - 7/10

Quote:
Adventurous types that enjoy complex combat systems can easily spend more than 100 hours uncovering Alrest's secrets and developing their team of Blades, provided they can come to terms with a handful of unavoidable shortcomings. It's equal parts pleasing and frustrating, but the struggle to keep up with everything thrown your way is more of a hurdle than a roadblock. It will be a tough pill to swallow for people who aren't accustomed to the typical cliches found in many Japanese RPGs, and its often clumsy nature keeps it from being the next groundbreaking Switch game, but Xenoblade 2 is worth pursuing if you've got enough patience to let it blossom.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

"one of the greatest RPGs of this generation"

Oh know you #%^@^ didn't! I loved Xenoblade Chronicles X. And that's likely an understatement as I recall the 300+ hours I put into it. Can't wait to play Chronicles 2.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I've seen NOTHING from my time with this series except another cookie cutter dime a dozen low budget JRPG that tries to mimic Star Ocean.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Will this release on ps4?
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
Will this release on ps4?
Published by Nintendo, so no.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:06 AM   #6
Juan
Evil Dead

The game looks like a cliched, overly anime jrpg but i've heard so many good things about the wiiu entry that i've bought this to give it a go.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:30 AM   #7
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
The game looks like a cliched, overly anime jrpg but i've heard so many good things about the wiiu entry that i've bought this to give it a go.
Doom clones can be good to. None of it matters if it plays good. Also, find me a game that isn't cliche. Its kind of implied every game will be at this point.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:52 AM   #8
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Doom clones can be good to. None of it matters if it plays good. Also, find me a game that isn't cliche. Its kind of implied every game will be at this point.
I see what you're saying but Anime cliche is just cringingly bad. If there are any spikey haired chosen ones with amnesia in this game then i'll be done with it real fast.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Kotaku is having a fit over a couple of the characters' boobs lol. I'm going to steal my brother's switch for this.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #10
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Kotaku is having a fit over a couple of the characters' boobs lol. I'm going to steal my brother's switch for this.
SJW's are such good Christians lol.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #11
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Looks cool. Probably never play it. Don't have a switch. Not planning on getting one just for this. Maybe it will come to pc someday.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #12
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Which of course leads to management having a person that hates the series review the game. https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronic...iew-1820903229
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:55 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Which of course leads to management having a person that hates the series review the game. https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronic...iew-1820903229
Which then leads to folks pile-driving anyone who points out that having someone who hates a series review a game may not be the best idea.

I'm going into restaurant review myself.* I personally hate vegan cuisine, so I'll be hitting up a vegan restaurant first. I'll be 'fair' to them though, lol.

* No I'm not.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #14
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Which then leads to folks pile-driving anyone who points out that having someone who hates a series review a game may not be the best idea.

I'm going into restaurant review myself.* I personally hate vegan cuisine, so I'll be hitting up a vegan restaurant first. I'll be 'fair' to them though, lol.

* No I'm not.
I wonder how many of these apartment dwelling urban queers talk themselves into SJW'ism because they know that clickbait is the only way they can make a living without having to actually work. Its probably a thing.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #15
MadMurdock_0311
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I wonder how many of these apartment dwelling urban queers talk themselves into SJW'ism because they know that clickbait is the only way they can make a living without having to actually work. Its probably a thing.
Probably the case a lot. Most people these days who defend something, aren't doing it truthfully or altruistically. They do it for attention, not for the cause, because they are pathetic people.

Like, when a man says he's a feminist, it's not because he cares, it's because he thinks it will get him laid (I'm looking at you Matt McGorry).
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #16
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I've seen NOTHING from my time with this series except another cookie cutter dime a dozen low budget JRPG that tries to mimic Star Ocean.
QUICK CALL 911! Elektrodragon has fallen and hit his head!

😁

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #17
LostToys
Evil Dead

Bought the game, but honestly, don't know if I will ever get around to playing it. I still have Xenoblade Chronicles (WiiU) shrink wrapped at home. I really need to stop playing new games and get around to playing my RPG backlog, which now includes titles like Persona 5.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #18
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Jason is pretty much their go to person when it comes to Japanese RPGs. Mike will sometimes review something, like Final Fantasy World, but he is usually only used if they want him to look at something more quirky or aimed at tweens.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #19
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I somehow slept and missed how this series became a big deal. Maybe i ignored it because of it's art style, but I have absolutely no recollection of this series being revered until this game came out. now suddenly everyone seems to really be into it.

Like some people said before, it looks like a really generic JRPG in my opinion. Can anyone explain why it's good? And apparently it's an open world? Don't the Japanese traditionally stink at making open world games?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I somehow slept and missed how this series became a big deal. Maybe i ignored it because of it's art style, but I have absolutely no recollection of this series being revered until this game came out. now suddenly everyone seems to really be into it.

Like some people said before, it looks like a really generic JRPG in my opinion. Can anyone explain why it's good? And apparently it's an open world? Don't the Japanese traditionally stink at making open world games?
It's because switch users have nothing to play except zelda and mario. So they feel the need to pump up generic shit jrpgs.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monolith soft, nintendo, xenoblade chronicles 2