Last post by excalibur1814
Today 08:59 AM
9 Replies, 536 Views

Old 01-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #21
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I actually agree with Evil here. All I can think about is "why not just release this game on PC along with console so I can play it with mouse and keyboard?". It's a feature i could really care less about. My living room isn't set up for mouse and keyboard anyway and I'm surely not buying extra furniture or hardware to do so. You know what room IS set up for mouse and keyboard? My office. In fact, I already have a mouse and keyboard in there!
I'll be fair here, Gears of War 4 did come out on PC and Console and it supports cross-platform gameplay. It worked great. I played on the PC with a lot of people who were playing on a console.

Unlike Microsoft though, I don't that Gears of War 4 failed because the console version doesn't support a keyboard and mouse, it failed because it just isn't a very good game.

The single player campaign was dull and the enemies were pretty boring. They had some glow in the dark version of old Locust enemies. Ho Hum.

The multiplayer wasn't bad, but it didn't seem to have that many maps and what maps they did have for horde mode were just not as good as the old maps.

I think that was kinda the problem with the whole game, it was a game made by a 2nd or 3rd string team that was just trying to copy what they saw in the previous games instead of doing something new.

Supporting a control scheme that only a few hundred people will ever use isn't going to boost their sales. If the game is good it will sell. But, if the last game was any indication, it won't be that good.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #22
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Supporting a control scheme that only a few hundred people will ever use isn't going to boost their sales. If the game is good it will sell. But, if the last game was any indication, it won't be that good.
Amazingly enough, not every design choice is made with the specific intent of boosting sales. Individually, each Xbox title with kb/m support doesn't mean much. When the list is taken as a whole, however, it actually begins to mean something.

Bitching about including more options is probably the silliest thing anyone can do; they're including multiple control scheme options at no additional cost, which is a pretty pro-consumer move. "Man, Microsoft sure is stupid for letting me use pretty much whatever sort of input device I'd like. Buncha morans."
Old 01-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #23
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Bitching about including more options is probably the silliest thing anyone can do; they're including multiple control scheme options at no additional cost, which is a pretty pro-consumer move. "Man, Microsoft sure is stupid for letting me use pretty much whatever sort of input device I'd like. Buncha morans."
I get people being fanbois of companies. I get it. I get people having biases against companies; really I get it. That's the way most people are wired for reasons I won't speculate about here because I will end up insulting people.

But COME ON ya bunch of Yetis! Complaining that they are giving more options is pretty lame and you should actually feel embarrassed for being so transparently biased. At least come up with an intelligent argument, or just don't say anything and let the thread die so hopefully people won't see these new options and gain a favorable opinion of the dreaded Xbox.

I own an Xbox, it is set up at my computer desk to a 2nd monitor. Having m/kb support on it is a damn cool option I didn't have a month ago. I don't care how many people use it or how many consoles are sold specifically because of it. What's that got to do with me? I'm just happy that I can use it at home on my Xbox.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microsoft, mouse and keyboard, xb1, xbone, xbox