Yesterday 08:04 PM
7 Replies, 1,199 Views

Old 03-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Destiny 2's "Go Fast" Update Goes Live Today

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:
Today, Bungie pushes out a big new update for Destiny 2 designed to make the game feel a lot faster to play.

Patch 1.1.4., dubbed the "Go Fast" update, has been long-awaited by Destiny 2 players, many of whom have reckon the game, particularly in competitive multiplayer, has felt too slow and lacked excitement.

In the video below, sandbox design lead Josh Hamrick said Bungie looked at everything from the way player characters move to the way supers come back, as well as a balance pass on weapons. Instead of nerfing "hot" guns, Bungie decided to bring everything else up to those "hot" guns, which should make for plenty of high damage carnage.

Here's an interesting line from Hamrick: "We've also learned, don't sand the coolness down, leave the jagged spikes of personality in there." It made me think of the Prometheus Lens, which was ridiculously overpowered but made Bungie's shooter feel fun again before the developer nerfed it. Interestingly, there's a brief glimpse at a load of Prometheus Lens laser beams in the video below. Perhaps it'll be viable again!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

So this IS the fun patch!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Exodus
Evil Dead

We'll see.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Is it just me or towards the end of the video does he seem just about ready to say, "It's not like we could fuck it up any more"? Especially like his "cover our ass" lets blame the fans for the changes in case shit goes south blurb at the end lol.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:45 AM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am not holding my breath. He says all the right things about speeding up the game and making you feel more like a hero but the problem is even if you get to use your hero abilities more often they pretty much suck.

With very few exceptions the gun suck, the limitations on how many legendaries you can have suck (and anything short of a legendary is pathetic), the ammo limitations suck, the inventory system sucks... The entire game is built on clamping down on EVERYTHING so hard they have to almost go back to the drawing board to make it better.

I put in more than my share of time into the game and came away unimpressed. It's taken them 8 months to figure out people want to feel powerful in the game? Wow, no wonder they are getting paid the big bucks!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, bungie, destiny 2