Today 04:59 AM
3 Replies, 293 Views
» Promotion

Old 02-28-2017, 01:35 AM   #101
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
SJWs made a mistake targeting Pewdiepie, he's got way too much broad support and the charge was a lie in the first place.

Psst as someone whos bitched at me on a broken YouTube link before. Your shit is broken.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #102
Anemone
Evil Dead

My bad, let's give it a second try:

Old 02-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #103
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The funny thing is since this whole debacle and attack PewDiePie's subscription numbers have gone through the roof. He's easily going to hit more than 1,000,000 additional subscribers thanks to WSJ, Disney, and Youtube.

From a low of about 4,000 - 5,000 per day pre-controversy to over 20,000 per day. I don't think they thought their cunning plan all the way through...
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #104
Anenome
Autarchist

If you think about it, this is out of the media attack playbook, do a hit piece on someone. But what they didn't recall is that it doesn't work if the object of your attack already has a media mouthpiece you don't control! Pewdiepie simply gave his side of the story, was obviously correct, and everyone went to bat for him, easily spotting the hit piece for what it was. It became a pile on, and further evidence of fake fucking news and exactly what everyone hates the fake-news media for doing. WSJ is a bunch of fucking hacks.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #105
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
WSJ is a bunch of fucking hacks.
Apparently one of the "investigative journalists", Ben Fritz, from the WSJ stories was previously involved in the "Gamers are Dead" slew of stories that basically launched Gamergate.

He and Leigh Alexander are cut from the same cloth. Also his wife apparently has ties to Disney, so there is a possible conflict of interest.

Going through Ben's tweet history with the same investigative, ahem, "vigor" they used to review Pewdiepie's videos would have exposed Ben Fritz as an antisemetic just like PewDiePie.

Finally, one of the things they pointed to was that Pewdiepie was touted as the Favorite Youtube mascot of Stormfront for the good work he does to push the anti semitic world view. Obviously a joke if you looked at the page. I'd link it using Internet Archive but I don't know how to do it and I'll be damned if I'll give them clicks.

After the WSJ started really pushing all the anti semitic materials to prove how bad Pewdiepie's jokes were the Stormfront removed Pewdiepie as their official favorite influencer and replaced them with the WSJ and the authors of the Pewdiepie hit piece. Once again I have no idea how to use the internet archive and I won't link to the actual Stormfront page.

In the meantime the Youtube channel showing Dogfighting matches remains alive and well.

I love the irony and hypocrisy in this whole debacle. I've been watching the Pewdiepie responses, Sargon, and other right wing commenters at the same time I see the left respond to the same along with the Milo fall from grace. As Scott Adams would say the difference in the "movie script" the right and the left are creating from the same events are so divergent it's amazing.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:59 AM   #106
Terran
Evil Dead

The sooner everyone realize the entire media establishment is filled with ideologically biased twats, the better. NONE of them are unbiased. Some of them do a better job than others of presenting an evenhanded view of controversial subjects, but most of them lean so far left they're falling off the political continuum into progressive madness.

Screw them all. Liars and hacks.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, google, pewdiepie, youtube